Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
That feel when the pack you open drops 1 silver and the rest bronze :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
That feel when you're so excited to finally have a board to play Pascale, creating a 6/4 guardian golem 4/5 Pascale and 6/6 guardian golem board only for it to get decree'd on :qq::qq::qq:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Shark Tower posted:

i call that the minimum value pack. they suck :(

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

That feel when you're so excited to finally have a board to play Pascale, creating a 6/4 guardian golem 4/5 Pascale and 6/6 guardian golem board only for it to get decree'd on :qq::qq::qq:

Happens every time.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
So does anyone just randomly become unable to do anything? Like my game hasn't frozen, I can select characters, but I can't drag them to attack or anything, and my end turn button's faded out. It's happened to me a couple times now, and pretty much costs me the match each time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shark Tower posted:

Ah, minimum wage.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Idk why people think Storm Haven is dead, I regularly kill fools around turn 6/7. You still lose to the god daria draw but whatever gently caress that deck!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rascyc posted:

Idk why people think Storm Haven is dead, I regularly kill fools around turn 6/7. You still lose to the god daria draw but whatever gently caress that deck!

That deck is doing well, the issue is that the roaches do pretty much the same and from the total safety of your hand.

It's also difficult for plenty of people to calculate how much roach is going to connect with their faces so they misplay.

And since reddit only plays (badly) the best of the best obviously storm haven sucks.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

storm haven has the issue that while a good hand from storm haven can wins on turn five or six, roach can as well while being much safer, and assuming they get a good run, aggro blood can win on turn four or five. this isn't to say that garuda is bad, just that it isn't king poo poo of aggro mountain anymore.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
So while I don't think anybody explicitly said "You are not going to run into a bunch of Daria Decks (tm) at beginner 0", they're 100% still out here in force and real tough to beat. Currently just netdecking The Shadow Reaper combo and a standard face aggro since they were among the cheapest to fill out.

It's probably some parts me picking Shadowcraft to invest in and being Bad At This Game, but I would like for it to stop :saddowns:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Emalde posted:

So while I don't think anybody explicitly said "You are not going to run into a bunch of Daria Decks (tm) at beginner 0", they're 100% still out here in force and real tough to beat. Currently just netdecking The Shadow Reaper combo and a standard face aggro since they were among the cheapest to fill out.

It's probably some parts me picking Shadowcraft to invest in and being Bad At This Game, but I would like for it to stop :saddowns:

It's not going to stop. Daria is everywhere, since a full third of all opponents are Rune nowadays and most of those run Daria. If it makes you feel better I am sure players will get bored of the deck and ahahahaha, just kidding. Turn 4 Levi 5 Daria forever.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Daria is the Shaman of HS and it will kill the game. And the entire time you will see smug dumbshits claiming the deck is counterable.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll let you know that all my decks have an 80% win rate against Daria. Have you considered getting good?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Is the advice to go til you have 6 legendaries with some on the list of "good ones" still the amount to shoot for, or is it more now that we have 38 packs to play with?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

6 feels like not many unless they are mostly all good ones. i would shoot for like 8 probably

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

My best two sets are...

or

Edit: Just got

Yukari fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 26, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i like 2

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

My best two sets are...

or

Edit: Just got

The game wants you to play with the Devil, who appeared in all your three sets. Prince of darkness also appeared in all three.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i still like 2

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It depends on what deck you want to play

Which is hard for you to say right now but later today I'll update the reroll tiers to be more informative and to include all legendaries

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

So, when I finally pick out which set of cards I want to use, do I just link the android account to my facebook, and it'll blow away my old data on steam/Iphone, or do I have to redownload the app/game on those platforms to wipe the data?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Updated the OP's reroll lists.

I wish I could answer your question but I really don't know! Hopefully someone here that went through the process of relinking their steam account could help you. If not than you might need to grind your teeth and ask in reddit

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

I'll try testing it and see what happens with a dummy list. Also, when they nerfed cards in the past, did they actually let you vial them for the full value of the card?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

I'll try testing it and see what happens with a dummy list. Also, when they nerfed cards in the past, did they actually let you vial them for the full value of the card?

Yes, they did.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they nerfed homecoming before i even started playing and only just recently turned off the full vial value. i got a lot of extra dust from that since i opened a bunch of them.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Updated the OP's reroll lists.

Very helpful update, thanks for keeping it maintained.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Pretty great list, best I've seen. I'd put cerb in SS tbh but that's really minor... I have to believe the silly Neppers will see the error in their ways of not running one of the best cards in the game but putting her in S is totally fair given how popular cerbless LW builds are

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I love Nephthys but I'm also aware I'm a B rank scrub only playing it because the game kept vomiting like 4 copies of that card at me.

My quest for building Ramp Dragon is nearing completion. I just need 1 more Bahumut (or slot in Fafnir as a replacement for the third Bahumut), 1 more Sahaquiel, 1 Dark Angel Olivia, and.....oh god I'm probably going to need Lucifer and/or Prince of Darkness too aren't I?

B Rank is absolutely full of Blood Aggro, Ramp Dragon, and every flavor of Havencraft. I was climbing my way towards A last night and didn't see a single Daria. Half of the matches were against Elana or Storm Havencraft.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I keep thinking they'll buff Jeanne D'Arc after the precon deck but I guess I should let go of the dream and DE it.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Yukari posted:

It was super easy. Use Android to link to a facebook account, unlinking an old account if necessary. Then use IPhone/Steam and do the device link and/or account link and just overwrite old data.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
That beautiful feeling when you're at 1 health and you manage to activate Khawy against Bahamut

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

That beautiful feeling when you're at 1 health and you manage to activate Khawy against Bahamut

Got that last night but enstatued seraph win condition with 2 health.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

this, but top decking odin on the last turn of seraph.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That, but killing then by blocking that fat dragon with three vanilla fairies.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Those, but killing their Bahamut with your Bahamut, then them killing your Bahamut with their second Bahamut, then tossing out unlimited carrots to forever keep that Bahamut in check.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, I am greatly enjoying playing guardian sun haven. It is such an rear end in a top hat deck.

Adding prism princesses to fetch prayer amulets (of all things) helped a lot to have enough answers to mess with the opponent. Daria can still wreck you but at least it takes effort for them to do so.

7 wins, all by concede -the win condition is despair- (and Satan, I guess), 2 loses.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Btw, in the OP, what's RIP about Sea Queen Otohime and Playful Necromancer? Are they just not good anymore?

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

Yukari posted:

Btw, in the OP, what's RIP about Sea Queen Otohime and Playful Necromancer? Are they just not good anymore?

Lyrial, Celestial Archer and Dark Conjurer does the same thing as Playful does but with more stats. Powercreeeep~

Rise of Bahamut printed out more area of effect spells that indirectly nerfed Otohime pretty bad. Also Daria does the thing Otohime does, only with much bigger bodies and a turn eariler. Powercreeeep~

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Playful necro still sees play in some aggro shadow lists and if she was a 4/5 evolved she'd be in every list IMO

I don't think you can compare what one card does to what two cards combined do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Playful used to be de facto 4pp card for all shadow decks, now it sees play mostly in aggro decks. I wouldn't say it got powercreeped out though, just not used nearly as frequently it was before so rip on her former glory of being in every turn 4/5 shadow

As for Otohime she used to be the queen of pain for anyone facing non aggro sword decks since you're likely to find yourself facing an otohime board on turn 6 and if you don't atleast half clear it then you'll find yourself with a nightmare board buffed by sage commander the next turn. Nowdays sword decks revolve around albert - doing enough chip damage for albert to finish and surviving long enough for albert to finish. In non midrange decks Otohime is more of a bait these days to get your opponent to waste their turn playing only a board clear, reducing her from her former status of a toppest tier card

• Locked thread