Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Extension until 10:00p, Wed. I'll be watching election returns Tuesday anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009
AgentF vs djfooboo game has now ended with both games going to myself. Both games were very tightly fought, with me taking an early lead, then dj building up his position and gradually catching up, then a period of desperation before I managed to close out the game. First game ended 5-7 after I ran out of ideas and ran Archives to win off a Fetal he'd been hiding for a while. Second game ended on 6-7 after I'd been on 6 points myself for the last third of the game.

Well played, enjoyable decks.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Static Equilibrium is at Worlds (which is pretty awesome and I hope you do well!) so I'm not sure we'll get a game in this round.

If you're available this evening ping me via PM or on slack. I'll be free tomorrow evening as well.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Static Equilibrium posted:

If you're available this evening ping me via PM or on slack. I'll be free tomorrow evening as well.

Sent you a PM.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

I swept Baron Fuzzlewhack: my Nexus kate had a great draw against his ETF while he got flooded (although he would've flatlined me had I not scored 3 agendas off 4 accesses the last turn in the game -- my next action would've been "trigger Cerebral Overwriter"), then (with his permission) I played NEH shutdown boom and got to show off probably the most degenerate deck in the game right now.

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 8, 2016

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Static Equilibrium steamrolled me, 2-0 My HB trap deck almost turned Kate into a vegetable, but a clutch Artist Colony/Fan Site into a Mimic broke through my Brainstorm. After that the whole rig came out and gave free access to nearly all of R&D every turn.

My Kit had a strong start against Static's Worlds NBN deck. I was feeling pretty good, hitting HQ with a Turn 1 Legwork and trashing a BOOM! and seeing some nasty cards, then proceeding to trash every asset he put out. Then suddenly, on a really REALLY creative turn, I was dead.

Super fun match-ups. Thanks for the games!

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Thanks for getting the reports in folks! Round 3 will be running a bit longer to get back to schedule. This presumes that the US does not erupt into violence as result of electing, or failing to elect, an incoherent, bigoted fascist. Results are due 10:00pm CST, Sunday 20 October. Please bold your results in your post. If all results are in before the 13th, then round 4 will be moved up.

Pairings:
code:
01. Baron Fuzzlewhack vs     Lump Shaker
02. Tevery Best       vs     mitochondritom
03. Voodoofly         vs     Static Equilibrium
04. djfooboo          vs     StashAugustine
05. This Post Sucks   vs     Berenzen
06. CirclMastr        vs     Machai
07. Agent F           vs     Destrado
08. E.J.Olmos        vs     ZorajitZorajit

ZorajitZorajit fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 8, 2016

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Vote Haas #StrongerTogether

I should be available most of tomorrow or Friday, shoot me a PM. Might be on Slack, can't guarantee it

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yo This Post sucks, I'm available most of this week, aside from wednesday and friday night. Catch me via PM or on slack.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
We're going to rez a Fire Wall, and we're going to make the Runners pay for it!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Isn't that basically a resistor? Leaky if you have enough money to get through?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

berenzen posted:

Isn't that basically a resistor? Leaky if you have enough money to get through?

Resistor isnt ludicrously inefficient. Also Trump is obviously a Weyland man

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

Resistor isnt ludicrously inefficient. Also Trump is obviously a Weyland man

he wants to weaponize xenomorphs?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Reporting in:

I played Tevery. The results were 1:1 Mitochondritom and Tevery

My first win in the tournament which I am really happy about, but both games were really good. Both of Tevery's decks were full of cool strategies and combos I hadn't seen before so I felt like I got a lot out of these matches. Actually participating in the tournament has familarised me with the client such that I played a couple of random games. I managed to beat down a guy with a crazy runner deck with some "virtual" AI card I can't remember the name of (it might be Apocalpse?). Its gimmick was that the runner installs its programs etc face down, was a really interesting matchand I felt quite pleased my "core" deck beat this monstrosity.

I feel like Luke Skywalker when he manages to deflect some of those shots with that ball thing. "You've taken your first steps into the wider world"

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

mitochondritom posted:

I managed to beat down a guy with a crazy runner deck with some "virtual" AI card I can't remember the name of (it might be Apocalpse?). Its gimmick was that the runner installs its programs etc face down, was a really interesting matchand I felt quite pleased my "core" deck beat this monstrosity.

That's Apex and he is one of the three runner mini-factions from the Data and Destiny deluxe expansion.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

CirclMastr swept me

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I thought Machai's Blue Sun deck was going to trounce my Temujin Whizzard, but somehow I managed to get just enough D4v1d counters and destroy just enough ice to squeak out a win.

Then on the other half my RP just grinds out against Nexus Kate with net damage and click taxing. I can only hope it performs that well on Sunday for the Store Championship.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Lump Shaker and I Corp split.

His CTM managed a steady pace against my Kit, and he rolled through most of his deck with Sensie Actor's Union. I had three Maker's Eyes ready in my hand to dig through what little remained of his deck, but just barely missed the win. We ended 7-6 points.

My GRNDL scored an early High-Risk Investment and got to use it to go from 0 to 16 credits. From there, his Whizzard had me locked down pretty well with the right breakers and run events to trash my ICE, but an unlucky Snare access followed up by a SEA Source + Scorched Earth put Whizzard in the dirt.

Really fun games!

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Voodoofly and I runner split. Temujin remainss a busted card, and Weyland remains mediocre.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Voodoofly and I runner split. Temujin remainss a busted card, and Weyland remains mediocre.

"Weyland remains mediocre" should be printed on the next batch of fancy Team Covenant tokens.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
As counterpoint to the above, won both games against AgentF with Mediocre Weyland Blue Sun and Mediocre Criminal Deck Without Temujin. (I mean it was Sun Kil Boom and a Leela full of DLR/Siphon horrors so it's not much of a moral argument, but counterpoint all the same!)

Both were tense games that ended with AgentF on six points that could have gone the other way but for a couple credits/accesses. Well played!

Destrado fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 13, 2016

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Stash Augustine agreed to meet me to play this morning and is MIA. I am going to bed, willing to split with him if he is willing.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
E.J.Olmos and I split runners. Now off to get into fights with Illinois Nazis. ...I hate Illinois Nazis.

EDIT: djfooboo and Stash Augustine, I would remind you that round 3 runs through NEXT Sunday; so I'm going to hold on scoring your match at this juncture.

ZorajitZorajit fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 13, 2016

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

ZorajitZorajit posted:

E.J.Olmos and I split runners.

A three-way tie for first place with one round to go? Sounds like a prime opportunity for me to blow it by getting swept again.

E.J.Olmos
Jan 1, 2008

ZorajitZorajit posted:

E.J.Olmos and I split runners. Now off to get into fights with Illinois Nazis. ...I hate Illinois Nazis.

A good pair of games there, was fun trying out a new runner deck.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

ZorajitZorajit posted:

EDIT: djfooboo and Stash Augustine, I would remind you that round 3 runs through NEXT Sunday; so I'm going to hold on scoring your match at this juncture.

Rad!

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
Berenzen and I had a Corp Split. Thanks for the games, Berenzen!

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
A reminder for djfooboo and Stash Augustine, the round is ending at 10p Sunday the 20th. Best of luck.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Neither of us could make schedules work, I think a draw is in order

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Final Round Pairings!
Final results are due 10:00pm, Sunday 4 December. It is possible there may be a tie for first place before the end of the round. If this is the case, I'll make a post and see about resolving the final standings, whether by an additional break round or calculating tie breakers (which Challonge doesn't due in the prescribed methods for A:NR.) If anyone has opinion on the matter, please let me know.

code:
01. CirclMastr          vs   ZorajitZorajit
02. E.J.Olmos           vs   Destrado
03. djfooboo            vs   Machai
04. Agent F             vs   Stash Augustine
05. This Post Sucks     vs   Voodoofly
06. Berenzen            vs   Static Equilibrium
07. Baron Fuzzlewhack   vs   Tevery Best
08. mitochondritom      vs   Lump Shaker

ZorajitZorajit fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 22, 2016

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Tevery Beast, what's the best way to contact you?

If you want to contact me at any time, send me an email at fuzzmeetup at Google Mail

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Tevery Beast, what's the best way to contact you?

If you want to contact me at any time, send me an email at fuzzmeetup at Google Mail

You can usually leave stuff for me on Slack. I will be somewhat hard to get to the table until Thursday, though.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

AgentF I'm free 6pm-10pm EST tomorrow and Wednesday, and probably whenever on Sunday. Shoot me a msg here or via slack/pm so we can coordinate.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Tevery Best posted:

You can usually leave stuff for me on Slack. I will be somewhat hard to get to the table until Thursday, though.

I'm not really sure how to use Slack, so I'll primarily use the thread for now. If you're busy until Thursday, I think we'll have to wait for Friday or the weekend due to U.S. Thanksgiving.

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
Voodoo Fly, it's you and me!

I should be fairly open this week. Hit me up on slack (@luke) or on PMs here and we'll work something out!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

AgentF I'm free 6pm-10pm EST tomorrow and Wednesday, and probably whenever on Sunday. Shoot me a msg here or via slack/pm so we can coordinate.

Pretty sure it's me you're facing. Unfortunately, all three of those times are really inconvenient for me, as I have class and/or school intersecting them.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

berenzen posted:

Pretty sure it's me you're facing. Unfortunately, all three of those times are really inconvenient for me, as I have class and/or school intersecting them.

Whoops, misread the pairings. I miiiight be online Saturday evening this weekend so I'll ping you in slack if I see you, otherwise I'm traveling this week so my availability is pretty crap. I'll have a lot more flexibility next week so let me know when you're free then and we should be able to coordinate something.

E.J.Olmos
Jan 1, 2008

Destrado wins both games handily. Flatline from Sync vs Val and Mill win from Leela vs CTM

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
CirclMastr and I split runners in a pair of grinding games. Which sounds dirtier than I meant it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

That first game was a slog, congrats on pulling it out. Thanks once again for running the league!

• Locked thread