Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lore is weird. I like it but it feels like the earlier episodes were more like actual lore bits behind vampires and what not but as it's progressed it's become reading weird wikipedia pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Why do I keep trying to listen to NoSleep? So many of the drat stories end up just being about child abuse/murder/trafficking.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

coronatae posted:

I like the first 3 or so seasons and the holiday specials but the more recent episodes have really felt like the bottom of the barrel. Mediocre horror.

I really wonder if the good ones are in the pay episodes. But I'm not paying for something this unspooky.

I just listened to a two hour one that sounded like it was going to have a supernatural ending but the twist was (in case anyone cares) that everyone local to the town was sterile because of contaminated water so the rich family that runs the town would kidnap out of town women and rape them to get babies that they would either put back into the town or sell to human traffickers

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I forgot that NoSleep thinks kids getting abused is the pinnacle or ghost stories.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

value-brand cereal posted:

No poo poo??? I had always assumed the most popular stories were 'converted' to audiobook format regardless of content. Thank you, I'll finally give them a try. I always avoided that podcast because there's nothing worse than investing time into a story and woops! it's a surprise, poorly written rape scene out of loving no where!

It's still pretty hit or miss although it does thankfully not have the rapes NoSleep loves. I have a theory the really good ones are part of the paid series and we just get the okay ones.

Also I don't like the voice of the guy behind it so the early seasons are really grating to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

coronatae posted:

At the risk of spoiling it, the last story they did that I remember featuring rape was Borrasca. Which wasn't a great story anyways if you ask me, and I don't think they went into an explicit scene.

Agreed that NoSleep podcast can be hit or miss, and it covers a very broad spectrum of horror that might not be to your tastes. I'm also too cheap to get the premium access pass. But it's easy to listen to when I'm doing busywork.

The true NoSleep horror is the audience that shows up on their live tour.

Was that the one where there's a rape dungeon or something where the town elders rape non-local women and then give the resulting babies to the locals who are all sterile? Because that story was just :stare:

• Locked thread