Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Most of the people at work are convinced the clinic's haunted. It's just minor stuff like doors reopening and small things getting moved, nothing awful.

But if anything brushes up against me when I'm cleaning Treatment 5 (our euthanasia room) or in the dead shed (our supply shed/where the storage freezer is), I'm going to scream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

E: good job on the double post, phone

Flaccid Trip fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 14, 2016

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I recently started working in an Alzheimer's/Dementia care facility, working the 2-10 shift. It's pretty normal during the day, when everyone's up, but there's a stretch between about 8:30 and 10 when everyone's in bed, and we're all waiting on the night shift to come in. I check on the residents in my hall, make sure nobody's done anything particularly bizarre like take the lid off their toilet tank and tuck it into bed with them, then settle in for the rest of my shift, usually watching whatever's on the TV.

Unfortunately, it's around this time that the shadow figures start appearing. I'm watching TV, all the residents and the resident's dogs are in their rooms sleeping, and I notice movement out of the corner of my eye. I turn, nothing there.

This happens several times a night, and I've just sort of come to accept it. Death is inevitable in a place like this - most of our residents are on hospice, and the shadows aren't bothering me (or anyone else that I know of.)

The thing that worries me, however, is the resident who keeps talking about the '10 foot tall man' that keeps coming into his room.

E: I just realized this sounds like 'OMG SLENDERMAN HURRR, bit it's not. I thought maybe it was just one of the taller residents going into his room, and his disease exaggerating his height, but since I've been seeing shadows, it makes me wonder.

Flaccid Trip fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 6, 2017

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Pastey posted:

Alzheimer patients can sometimes say some of the creepiest poo poo possible. The fact that to them it's their reality gives this a disturbing level of certainty unlike when people are screwing with you or lying.

I think the really weird thing about your story is that the patients have their own dogs??

From my experience with Alzheimer / dementia sufferers I just can't see that as a good thing without a LOT of direct supervision. What if poor old Mrs Simmons decides Fluffy the chihuahua is an alarm clock and winds his head?

The ones with pets are in the earlier stages, and we help out a lot with the care, and the residents seem to enjoy having them around. There are only 4 dogs, so it's not hard to keep tabs on them.

I'm pretty used to the weird poo poo the residents say by now. Caregiving's one of those jobs where you're gonna hear and see pretty much everything.

On that note, I take a winding, heavily-forested road to work that's said to be haunted. I haven't experienced anything on it, and it's had a lot of work done on it in the 20 years I've lived in Austin, but it does have a sort of oppressive feel to it, and I know people have died on that road, so it's creepy to drive after nightfall.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I'm curious to know where this road is.

Late as hell response, but it's Hairy Man Road in Austin/Round Rock. I'm glad I left that job so I don't have to drive the awful death road anymore.

• Locked thread