Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

lol at those four moms with their home made Wahoo banner. cringing forever at that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Gobias Ind. posted:

Nah, he was still on the bag.
Then I've had more to drink than I thought I've had. Good time for that I suppose.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Are we all in agreement that Lonnie Chisenhall has to be one of the most baseballest names ever?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Berzerker posted:

lol at those four moms with their home made Wahoo banner. cringing forever at that

Fans should throw beer cans at them

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Fans should throw beer cans at them

Agreed unironically

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

The Berzerker posted:

Saw some oval office wearing an American flag cape, Cleveland jersey, and a feather headdress at game 3. People were expressing their disapproval quite loudly.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

The Berzerker posted:

welcome to cleveland, where the indians team shop sells t-shirts with the old circa-1940s Chief Wahoo, which is even more spectacularly racist than the current one

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

In times like these I get through it all by just feeling grateful that Boston is already out.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

also yes cleveland is very attached to their incredibly racist mascot and it physically pains me to be associated with them even though I want my team to win

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

What the gently caress is with these stupid-rear end afternoon games? I had no idea Cleveland played yesterday until this morning, and had no idea this game was on until 5 minutes ago when a friend reminded me.

gently caress off Cubs/Dodgers "prime time" game.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

BWV posted:

feeling grateful that Boston is already out.

:agreed:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Can't believe how good the Jays pitching has been this series. They'll lose in 5 but each starter and the pen gave quality outings.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Inspector_666 posted:

Are we all in agreement that Lonnie Chisenhall has to be one of the most baseballest names ever?

:yeah:

Luneshot posted:

welcome to cleveland, where the indians team shop sells t-shirts with the old circa-1940s Chief Wahoo, which is even more spectacularly racist than the current one

Wait, which...oh...ooooooohhhhhhhhhh, that one. Yikes.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

BWV posted:

Can't believe how good the Jays pitching has been this series. They'll lose in 5 but each starter and the pen gave quality outings.

True

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

BWV posted:

yeah if anything i was expecting the pitching to fall apart . they seemed to overperform all year (except the bullpen). its kinda shocking how bad the offense has been this series especially with the opportunities they've had

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

BWV posted:

We need to have a serious conversation about ground balls in the offseason, I swear to gently caress.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Luneshot posted:

also yes cleveland is very attached to their incredibly racist mascot and it physically pains me to be associated with them even though I want my team to win

my high school's teams were all called the "redmen"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sashimi posted:

Saw some oval office wearing an American flag cape, Cleveland jersey, and a feather headdress at game 3. People were expressing their disapproval quite loudly.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DeepDickPizza posted:

I had the exact same reaction. At least his skin isn't literally bright red???? :confuoot:

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

DeepDickPizza posted:

I'm gonna argue this is actually less racist because his skin isn't literally red.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

to be fair I think these two specific people have made up since that photo was taken and the dude apologized.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This is probably EE's last AB as a Blue Jay. RIP.

e: loving drat thought that was out

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Silly camera man

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

JUST LEAVE THE PARK YOU STUPID BALL

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Haha drat it

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

This kind of had a happy ending though: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/04/07/cleveland-indians-fan-red-face_n_9634460.html

Luneshot posted:

to be fair I think these two specific people have made up since that photo was taken and the dude apologized.

Yup, he still wore that dumb "Fear the Chief" sweatshirt, but he sincerely apologized and they shook hands on opening day this season.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Woof, thought that was toast....

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I think if the Jays can't score a run this inning I just might have to turn it off. It's painful to watch this slow death

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Gibbons having Martin in the middle of the order this series was brutal.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
They should probably feel good they are even making contact

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
At least a broadcaster reading a pointless tweet saves the Jays offense from being the most cringe-worthy thing in this broadcast.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Why did Gibbons PH Navarro for Saunders? Saunders has been our best hitter this series.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Do they still make Redman chew?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
3 balls hit to the LF warning track today.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Hi guys. Have just been able to tune in. I'm excited and cheering for the Indians.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

At least our odds are still better than the Cubs

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/torgameday/status/788862371917889537

well this is what you get when you can't hit Tomlin, Merritt, or "etc"

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Jays should left the roof open tbh

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/bnicholsonsmith/status/788534622900645889

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU