Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Davoren posted:

I love this game but I kind of drifted away after I built my car. I still need to tune it, but if I tune it I'll be able to drive it, and if I drive it I'll likely die, and my perfect beautiful summer car will die with me. Has there been anything in the last couple updates that might mean I should restart anyway?

not really. But you getter get it inspected. And maybe try rally it.

TBH I think it's it's too easy to pass the inspection in this game. It takes me hours of work to get my lovely car through inspection and my car is kinda new (only 15yo(shut up that legal in some states))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

CharlesM posted:

Your last name has to be 3 characters, I noticed

Makes sense, last names shorter than 3 characters aren't allowed in the government systems, and thus you can't get a license.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

endlessmonotony posted:

Makes sense, last names shorter than 3 characters aren't allowed in the government systems, and thus you can't get a license.

is this a real thing in finland

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What if your last name is Ng?

Haddas
Sep 12, 2004

Cheap appendix removal!

CharlesM posted:

What if your last name is Ng?

Then you're probably used to technical issues by now.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Had a full load of lumber attached to my trailer, parked it in my backyard and saved the game. Now the tractor is gone! Any idea where it could be?

e: Found it! It rolled down the hill and stopped against the red barn. For some reason, the tractor will roll off when its parked in the back yard, even with the parking brake on.

GOD IS BED fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 6, 2016

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Coolguye posted:

In 1995 it might well have been but definitely not any more.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I expect my car game to have period-accurate bureaucratic quirks represented :colbert:

Ambulocetus
Jan 30, 2006

Mincing up creationist meat since 1996.

Coolguye posted:

Definitely not, because of common history and a Swedish-speaking minority Swedish surnames are common and there are thousands of people with surname Ek.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ambulocetus posted:

Definitely not, because of common history and a Swedish-speaking minority Swedish surnames are common and there are thousands of people with surname Ek.

This could be right, but it could not, and it's not like software devs give a poo poo if it works right for the Swedish-speakers.

I'm not sure if it was a thing with the automated version of the driver's license processing system, but it was the case with a lot of systems of the era where you'd need 3 characters for a name to process right. So you'd just pad them with zeroes.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
I wonder if they've changed the software that's used in the theory part of doing your driving license, at one point it asks "is this your name" and you have to select yes or no. My name is so long it has never actually fit in the box so I've just went with yes even though it cuts off like 5 letters. And I've done the god drat test first in 08, next in 11' then again in 14'. And my name has always cut off.

Haven't played the game much recently. Kind of bored of racing games now that i've played them way too much. Really need to go in and grab the rusting fast and rally achievements though

Mr Tumbles
Jan 14, 2013
Holy poo poo. I start working at night, see it's storming so I unplug my phone and get to work in my garage. I finish building my engine, get out of the garage and see its morning and the skies are clear. I head inside to have a celebratory beer and plug in my phone again. The moment I plug it in it rings. I think "Huh, what are the chances of that." I answer it, BOOM, dead. Let that be a lesson to all: Always wait for the second ring!

Computer Opponent
Nov 29, 2002

Nothing's gonna ever keep ya down!
I tried to gingerly push my 90% complete car out of the garage, and fell into the pit which applied my outstretched arms to the underside of the front bumper, causing the physics engine to send the car into a spinning fit like a rock in a tumbler. It finally came to rest nose-down in the pit, requiring me to violently yank it out with a tow rope. And now the car is hosed so I'm starting over.

This is far more enjoyable than being outside in my actual garage working on my actual car, which is precisely what I'm supposed to be doing right now. This game is hard, but welding in replacement sections of unibody in 10 degree weather is a pain in my goddamn rear end.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
UPDATE 19.12.2016

quote:

-Fixed issue where some parts spawn back to store after removal and save
-Fixed issue where steering wheel could be installed without steering column and the wheel got lost
-Possible fix for add-on gauges shattering the windshield after windshield repair
-Jumping now resets any crouching position back to standing position
-Added car upgrades; racing tachometer, bucket seat, 4-point harness, roll cage and rally steering wheel
-Rally participation now requires installed safety gear
-You can now properly enter rally only with Satsuma car
-Fixed wrong name in rear left fender flare
-Added spark plug wrench for tightening spark plugs
-Made shopping bag rigid to solve bag instability issues
-All vehicles now die when they enter water, no permanent damage however
-Added separate setting for sun shadows and interior light shadows
-Fixed issue where engine simulation did not care whether pistons were bolted or not
-Fixed infamous "death bump" of the home road
-Changed spawn positions of some AI cars so that they don't spawn too obviously
-Added attempt to block lake side short cut route
-Green menace driver has been removed, RIP :(
-Added first version of AI car that can be driven with / raced against at the Peräjärvi center
-Increased strength of door locks
-Added slowly developing brake fluid leak
-Fixed issue with some used groceries getting set as "consumed" when quitting without saving
-Now when fuel tank is detached accidentally, random amount of fuel is lost
-Player can now die when driving the truck

// Your car body paint *might* reset with this update. There was a bug I found and fixed, but not sure if it affects your current save.

// The yellow AI car is very much work in progress so keep that in mind :D

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh man, I am going to totally rally out my car.

Having a slow brake leak is a real dick move. Also, noooooo, not my precious lakeside shortcut!

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

RIP uber truck.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
RIP Green Menace

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Which one was the green menace? The one with the techno music or the one I kept finding trying to drive into a tree on the side of the dirt road?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
A brake fluid leak? No shortcut? What a bastard this guy is.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Deeters posted:

Which one was the green menace? The one with the techno music or the one I kept finding trying to drive into a tree on the side of the dirt road?

The green car on the dirt road. Wonder why he was removed, I never had any problems avoiding him.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Dirt road car likes falling off the road bed and into a ditch and I assume you're left calculating a million physics interactions for an AI car wedged in to somewhere its never getting out until the next map reset.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Falken posted:

A brake fluid leak? No shortcut? What a bastard this guy is.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Next update will see you have to put the wiring looms in manually. With full physics for the wires. That, and fuse/relay issues.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Falken posted:

Next update will see you have to put the wiring looms in manually. With full physics for the wires. That, and fuse/relay issues.

Youre really mad about that shortcut huh?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You can still drive along the edge of the lake, right? That's what I've always done when I'm in a hurry.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
All that, and you guys don't care about this.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

PopeOnARope posted:

All that, and you guys don't care about this.

I'm too busy looking at this:

-Added attempt to block lake side short cut route

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
What kind of person buys a driving game and then drives along the featureless void in between the house and town instead of rally racing a van through the back roads?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

JB50 posted:

Youre really mad about that shortcut huh?
I was joking; :v: I actually find myself driving using the roads more often because the shortcut is pretty boring. However, I turn left and go the long way round to familiarize myself with those roads.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Falken posted:

I was joking; :v: I actually find myself driving using the roads more often because the shortcut is pretty boring. However, I turn left and go the long way round to familiarize myself with those roads.

I do this too, and often take the highway to go ludicrous speeds.

Density
Nov 12, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My MSC experience:

Pros:
- Correct portrayal of redneck trump voters with their impossible to understand dialect.

Cons:
- This sequel is too similar to the original mad max movie.
- The society and terrain are too dismal even for a post-apocalyptic society.

Verdict: goty2016

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Density posted:

- This sequel is too similar to the original mad max movie.

http://imgur.com/a/pW7te

Ambulocetus
Jan 30, 2006

Mincing up creationist meat since 1996.
A movie or racing derived paintjob, totally unfitting for your small Japanese car, is a very realistic touch otherwise, but in the 90's Mad Max (the original) was a legendary artifact no one had seen, but everyone had seen the Road Warrior, so obviously the first part had to exist. Go for the Ford "racing stripes" or just plain matte black.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Guys, look in front of your fireplace.

This loving game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Default Settings posted:

This loving game.

Awesome. :swoon:

Zesty fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 26, 2016

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Default Settings posted:

This loving game.

That is excellent.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
WHAT WAS IT?

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Ziploc posted:

WHAT WAS IT?

It's still probably available. A xmas gift with booze, money and some sick xmas lights that you can put in your car á la amis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p-BxTo_r6o

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Finally was able to make a supply run without ending up in a ditch or having all my cargo creep over the side of the boat and got the engine half built.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

skooma512 posted:

Finally was able to make a supply run without ending up in a ditch or having all my cargo creep over the side of the boat and got the engine half built.

how hard can it be, just drive to the shop and buy poo poo.

Talking about buying poo poo I wonder if it's faster to first go to shop and then build the engine. WR is like 47 minutes from start to inspection

• Locked thread