Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What this game needs is the ability to lie on the ground to get under your jacked up car. And also for the scissor lift to fail and crush you to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

that, dangerous animals in the wilderness and volume control

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

HATECUBE posted:

Option to change fly&mosquito noise from realistic to annoying

And the option not actually doing anything.

It's amazing how many people are bitching about the mosquito noises on steam discussions sayin they won't play if it's like this. I don't understand how you can get so annoyed by it, you get used to it in 5 minutes just like in real life when summer comes

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

HATECUBE posted:

only dangerous animals are mooses, reindeer and bears. adders are only deadly to children and sickly old people.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
After finally making it to town on the boat and buying a bunch of stuff...I got lost on the way back and ended up looping the lake and winding up back at the town jetty, whereupon it was so dark I couldn't actually see anything.

Pro..progress?

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Iretep posted:

only dangerous animals are mooses, reindeer and bears. adders are only deadly to children and sickly old people.

playing today and friend watching from the sofa he commented the game should have mooses. The deadliest animal in Finland. I already nearly shat myself few times when some fucker was on wrong lane and I had to do quick dodge to not die. But mooses deffo should be in the game, I've had one close encounter when doing 100kmh+ IRL and I think my heart did about 500bpm for next 5 minutes

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Holy poo poo, I've got the engine running, and it actually stays running!

I've put brake fluid into the master cylinders, however in one of them it seems to leak back out again. A little stumped there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Make sure you've bolted everything.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
There's about 5 million bolts on the brake lines. There's also some bug with them that will get fixed with next update.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i really want to buy this game to play it on a big screen with my dad (who worked his way through college by doing carpentry and mechanics) but the reports of all of these bugs make me hesitant :(

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Coolguye posted:

i really want to buy this game to play it on a big screen with my dad (who worked his way through college by doing carpentry and mechanics) but the reports of all of these bugs make me hesitant :(

I had a bug yesterday where if I got 10 feet away from the house I would fall through the map and reappear in my kitchen. A save and reload fixed it. Theres actually very few bugs for how many people worked on the game.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
I've fallen through the map once jumping in to a ditch on the freeway and once the van flipped when I got in it and killed me. Other than that in the 16 hours I've played this game has been quite smooth sailing

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The bugs aren't that bad and even when you get one it's not that annoying. Aside from one or two people mentioning they constantly fall through the map. It's all part of the adventure. This is an early access game so take that into account.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I drank the mysterious bottle I found by the firewood and it made me ridiculously drunk, so much so that the screen was spinning around. I then was able to get in and start the septic truck and drive it something above 60km/h on the dirt road then hit 120km/h on the paved road. I also ran over 4 cops and got one stuck in my grill :unsmigghh:

I got video of my drunk driving and murdering uploaded, no commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9RrexMXq9w

Cowman fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 28, 2016

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Also, if you're having trouble with the exhaust save and reload. Something is definitely broke because I wasted a ton of time and once I did that it was like 30seconds before I found the hotspot near the handbrake.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

hillo posted:

It's amazing how many people are bitching about the mosquito noises on steam discussions sayin they won't play if it's like this. I don't understand how you can get so annoyed by it, you get used to it in 5 minutes just like in real life when summer comes

These are not people who go outside.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Cowman posted:

I drank the mysterious bottle I found by the firewood and it made me ridiculously drunk, so much so that the screen was spinning around. I then was able to get in and start the septic truck and drive it something above 60km/h on the dirt road then hit 120km/h on the paved road. I also ran over 4 cops and got one stuck in my grill :unsmigghh:

I tried driving the diesel truck after giving up on drunken wood chopping.

Couldn't even turn the thing on, what with the screen shake.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's 3 am and I'm not tired enough to sleep. I can drink the booze in the shed, that should raise my fatigue enough to sleep a bit. I didn't follow my Air Force training and didn't make a plan. I drank the booze first before setting up the flashlight. I had planned on putting it on the trailer but that wasn't going to happen so I threw it on the ground. Took 3-4 tries before I got it pointing the right direction.

Let's start chopping.

I accidentally threw away my axe.

gently caress this I want to go home.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Even its silhouette is hilarious.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Where in the heck does the alternator attach to on the block?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Where in the heck does the alternator attach to on the block?

Kinda... to the right of the water pump?

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

i was practicing keyboard driving the van on the main road and a little red car passed me going 120...

into a semi and got blown into orbit

GOTY 6 out of 5

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Pham Nuwen posted:

Kinda... to the right of the water pump?

Alrighty, must be an angle thing. I'll try that later. Thanks!

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

HATECUBE posted:

volume control

gently caress yes. Is there any reason to not have a run button also? Or at the least a "walk a little bit faster" button?

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

I'm not saying the mosquito sound is stopping me from enjoying anything

I'm saying that I have to turn my system sound down to 1% and reach behind my speakers to crank them down to stop the mosquito sound from shaking poo poo off my desk

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm not certain if I've tightened every screw, bolt, and nut that needs to be but I do know that the only parts I have left are four hubcaps and an air filter. I know where the hubcaps go, even as a car-idiot. I do not know where to put this air filter...

Also, the car does not yet start but instead makes a high pitched squeaky sound. I have yet to put fluids and gasoline into it so obviously that's the first step. The second step is to throw away the left body panels. Opening the door knocks off the front left panel and closing the door knocks the door itself off. God damnit if I'm not going to be SUPER excited the second this fucker actually turns over and starts.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'm not certain if I've tightened every screw, bolt, and nut that needs to be but I do know that the only parts I have left are four hubcaps and an air filter. I know where the hubcaps go, even as a car-idiot. I do not know where to put this air filter...

Also, the car does not yet start but instead makes a high pitched squeaky sound. I have yet to put fluids and gasoline into it so obviously that's the first step. The second step is to throw away the left body panels. Opening the door knocks off the front left panel and closing the door knocks the door itself off. God damnit if I'm not going to be SUPER excited the second this fucker actually turns over and starts.

Air filter just goes right on top of the engine, it kinda snaps on, you don't even have to screw it in place (I think).

PROTIPS I learned today as I rebuilt my car for the third time:
  • make liberal use of the "q" key (labeled as "reach" in the settings), it lets you lean way in, and you can clip your head through stuff, great for looking for difficult screws.
  • There's also a "zoom" key that is not bound to anything by default, bind it, it is also helpful
  • The sauna WILL heat up while you work on the car, so when you're like 20 minutes real-time away from being done with the car, go start the sauna heating and you can have a nice clean-off when you are done
  • I did my first sewage pump job and that's real good money for a pretty easy trip - I got like 1000 zenny for half a day's work
  • If you want to see under the car (useful for hooking up all those lines), and you really trust the physics in this game -- and why wouldn't you? -- you CAN put the car up on a lift:

Of course, if that flips out, it's probably gonna launch my car into space

I just got it totally rebuilt again, and started it up and did a little lap around the barn area, and it actually seems to be running pretty well! Aside from having no brakes again. Tomorrow I'll see if I can actually make it all the way to the mechanic without the drat thing exploding.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I've found that you can just leave the sauna on forever, just remember to periodically adjust the timer.

Also: omg

It runs! Surprisingly well! Brakes still don't work but there's no leaks now. Been over the brake lines with a fine tooth comb.

Also, car keeps popping out of gear, which is a bit of a dick of a pussy.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Fixed my lack of drive issues, but couldn't solve the brake problems so drove to the garage, only to be rear-ended by some boy racer nerd and die.

Resurrected at the church, drank a million beers, passed out, woke up at home, drove the truck to tow the car back, ran out of fuel, stole the garage dudes car, towed my car back, and now the game is bugged and won't advance past Wednesday so the garage repairs never happen.

A+ bullshit of life sim would swear profusely again

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Robbaz has a second part to his "let's play" (but, with Robbaz, it's more "let's gently caress this up together according to some internal narrative")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjeT6XaKPA4

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
The literal translations of Finnish swears was a stroke of genius.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Wheany posted:

The literal translations of Finnish swears was a stroke of genius.

from a shark a pussy

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

Air filter just goes right on top of the engine, it kinda snaps on, you don't even have to screw it in place (I think).

There's one or two on the blue bracket at the back of the engine. I didn't bother with the air filter though because I'm JDM as heck. :rice:

I wish I could afford the body kit to complete the look but I went to do a septic job and crashed the truck in the woods so bad I got a tree stuck between the cab and the tank.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Vando posted:

Fixed my lack of drive issues, but couldn't solve the brake problems so drove to the garage, only to be rear-ended by some boy racer nerd and die.

Resurrected at the church, drank a million beers, passed out, woke up at home, drove the truck to tow the car back, ran out of fuel, stole the garage dudes car, towed my car back, and now the game is bugged and won't advance past Wednesday so the garage repairs never happen.

A+ bullshit of life sim would swear profusely again

That explains it. My game keeps going back to Friday. I just loaded it up and it said Monday and then flashed back to Friday.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
The difficulty curve of this game is like nothing I've ever played.

"This is impenetrable and the fly is the most annoying thing ever, why am I playing this"
"These hunger/thirst bars are obnoxious, how will I ever have time to build a car?"
"One trip to the store and I have supplies for weeks!"
*pores over exploded engine diagrams*
"This car is poo poo but it's my car and I love it"
"I am bored and now I will become a blight upon this small town and its residents"

Ben Nerevarine fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 28, 2016

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Robbaz has a second part to his "let's play" (but, with Robbaz, it's more "let's gently caress this up together according to some internal narrative")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjeT6XaKPA4
I can't be the only one here who finds this Robbaz guy incredibly annoying, can I? That "hyuk hyuk listen to how goofy I am" voice drives me up the wall.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Aw gently caress, you can die from over-exhaustion! You just keel over from a heart attack. It takes forever to happen though: my exhaustion went red at about 6am in-game-time, and it was around 6pm when I died.

As for the brake and clutch problems, here's my 2 markka:
- There's a small nut near the carb, that's easy to miss when you're installing the gear linkage. If you only tightened the two bolts at the end of the link, it won't drop off but it'll pop out of gear constantly.
- Rear brake nuts: Start by looking in the rear wheel wells, the nuts are above the rear axles and not really visible from any direction. Use the brake lines to give you an idea where to look.

Also this happened, I somehow managed to tear off the bootlid hinges off the car :psyduck:

Bendy boozer

[edit] Yeah, robbaz and his "wacky voice" is loving annoying. He already has a heavy accent, no need to make it sound worse.

JointHorse fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 28, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

JointHorse posted:

- Rear brake nuts: Start by looking in the rear wheel wells, the nuts are above the rear axles and not really visible from any direction. Use the brake lines to give you an idea where to look.

Yeah, I only found those two because I was loving around with Q seeing how far I could clip into the car. Although it makes sense since you have to do the same to the front.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Yeah, I only found those two because I was loving around with Q seeing how far I could clip into the car. Although it makes sense since you have to do the same to the front.

Exact same. It makes me wonder how many other bolts I've missed though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

El Perkele posted:

from a shark a pussy

rude

• Locked thread