Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Its canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

By popular demand posted:

:froggonk: the myths about us are wrong we feel that heat.

the frog analogy has been tested literally, and the frogs jump out of the pot when the water reaches about 126 F.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Josef bugman posted:

I really hosed up not putting a question mark at the end of that. Oh well, made a mistake and need to learn from it.

Lol i thought it was a joke, you could have just rolled with it

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

oh idk i appreciate the sincerity, it's in short supply

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Ladies love a guy who looks like a smart guy

Y'ever notice how women have one kind of reproduction system, but men have a different kind? WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???

Chicago Memorial Space Station

I always assume this will happen whenever any light comes on in my car

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Lol i thought it was a joke, you could have just rolled with it

I could but it wouldn't have been true. I really didn't think out my own comment.

Also, Nedroid continues to be great.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

Fools Infinite posted:

Y'ever notice how women have one kind of reproduction system, but men have a different kind? WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???

I mean technically neither system alone comprises a full reproductive system as defined by POSIX.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tony Lazuto doesn't outright offer you a greeting, but he wants you to remember that he exists.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/eric_lang/status/1381306741175025664

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Tatulli liked this joke so much he revisited it for the cover of his next collection:

which included this amazing author's photo on the back:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Fools Infinite posted:

Ladies love a guy who looks like a smart guy

Don't believe the lies of anyone that claims to understand electrons. Electrons are too chaotic and WEIRD to be understood.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

No sane person will ever elect Ron, that's as much understanding as this subject deserves.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

hazardousmouse posted:

Don't believe the lies of anyone that claims to understand electrons. Electrons are too chaotic and WEIRD to be understood.

You make good connections to make the pixies dance, there's no need to understand more

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

hazardousmouse posted:

We didn't even get which way electricity goes right.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Ocean of Milk posted:

I mean technically neither system alone comprises a full reproductive system as defined by POSIX.

RFC 69 just further complicates this issue

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

I guess this just proves that democracy doesn't work.

Next Episode: The Adventures of Beartato and Gary

ALTERNATE VERSION: Reginald denies he baked the cookies. Beartato enrolls in detective school, completes his degree, then applies what he learned and notices key evidence such as the warmth of the cookies, Reginald's oven mitts, and his apron which reads 'I Baked These No-Bake Cookies.' Left with no recourse, Beartato is forced to call the authorities on his friend. Reginald goes on the run, travelling from town to town, a nomad, a ghost. Beartato, now the best detective in town, is forced to hunt his best friend. An intense battle of wits ensues, and a trail of bodies is left in its wake. The role of chief of police will be played by Harrison wearing a fake beard.

Beartato your triangle-lock has gotten much better since your lucha libre days

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

1 posted:

Tatulli liked this joke so much he revisited it for the cover of his next collection:

which included this amazing author's photo on the back:

Oh man, I forgot all about Liō. Liō's a good comic, post more Liō.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

RareAcumen posted:

Oh man, I forgot all about Liō. Liō's a good comic, post more Liō.

Lio has about 5 jokes that are repeated ad nauseoum.

Wouldn't call it "good" so much as " non-offensive" .

It's bland pudding.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

It's bland pudding.

It's kinda funny that this is describing a comic that showed up here on account of unearthing a child's corpse in the mainstream funny pages.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I have to call 911 often enough at my work. I always consider it a good phonecall when the dispatch doesn't have any questions for me.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's kinda funny that this is describing a comic that showed up here on account of unearthing a child's corpse in the mainstream funny pages.

It used to be posted in the BSS Newspaper Comics thread, but was ultimately dropped due to the reasons I listed.
It attempts to poke fun at "zombie" strips but it always falls flat. There is no bite to it.

Lio is a strip for "edgy" grandparents.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Johnny Aztec posted:

It used to be posted in the BSS Newspaper Comics thread, but was ultimately dropped due to the reasons I listed.
It attempts to poke fun at "zombie" strips but it always falls flat. There is no bite to it.

Sad, but true.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Time to fly off to my anniversary dinner with my beautiful wife, right after I return the President's voicemail--it sounded urgent!

http://nedroidpicturediary.apps-1and1.com/bffs.html

I told you to get vaccinated!

It's not that I can't draw cars, it's that this is what a 'cool car' looks like in Beartato's world

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

Oh I don't doubt it, I forgot it existed and don't remember anything about it other than being a bit :stare: when I saw that particular one in the papers.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh I don't doubt it, I forgot it existed and don't remember anything about it other than being a bit :stare: when I saw that particular one in the papers.

Yeah, that one is pretty dark. Comes back around to the "Lio only has a handful of jokes" premise.
Lio should have been a One, sometimes two, panel comic put out occasionally. The premise gets stretched real thin, if you don't have a clever writer, and even if you did have a clever writer, it would still get stretched thing, just would take a bit longer. But I do suppose that is the fate of any long-running comic strip. Indeed, it is inherent in the very medium!

Now, if you want to see what a "One Joke" premise stretched out by an actual good writer, look up " The Bus". Every one is awesome, and every time you think " Okay, he has pushed this as far as it can go", he flips it to another angle.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

can somebody translate the title of this one? i have no idea what is going on here

some kind of carnival game I guess?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Aardvark! posted:

can somebody translate the title of this one? i have no idea what is going on here

some kind of carnival game I guess?

Yes, it's a carnival game, essentially, only in Eastern Europe they used to be a more permanent feature in public parks. You're supposed to through the ball into the cardboard cutout's. Jucika keeps missing, so the dude starts laughing at her ineptitude. She throws a ball into his mouth and scores effortlessly.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Paladinus posted:

scores effortlessly.

:heysexy:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Johnny Aztec posted:

Now, if you want to see what a "One Joke" premise stretched out by an actual good writer, look up " The Bus". Every one is awesome, and every time you think " Okay, he has pushed this as far as it can go", he flips it to another angle.

Pretty good Horizon Zero Dawn fanart, too

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

You can also buy a signed hard-copy of the bus on ebay for like $30. Very worth it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:ck5:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

:vince: