Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Nuebot posted:

I do hope you pay for all of your MP3s and never listen to them free on the internet, either.

But, like. You know a lot of people might never have heard of the guy's art before seeing that gallery. One comic is cool, seeing that there's more is real cool. Knowing where to buy the book is extremely helpful. Throwing a fit that people ON THE INTERNET are sharing images without express consent of the creator is a bit strange, however. Especially if you're only going to give a poo poo when it's done to creators you, personally, like.

Your attempt to create a hypocrite strawman is uninspired and sorely lacking in comparisons to Hitler and nazis. You do manage to miss the point but your footwork needs practice. Using "but it's the INTERNET" is a crutch that does not impress that judges and should be avoided in future. Overall, I give your attempt to paint another poster as having a meltdown 2 out of 10 stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Len posted:

Edit: I don't really have anywhere to go with this but I'm looking for the Skull of Regret PFSC comic because it's swell.

That one's easy to find because it was a KC Green guest comic:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Your attempt to create a hypocrite strawman is uninspired and sorely lacking in comparisons to Hitler and nazis. You do manage to miss the point but your footwork needs practice. Using "but it's the INTERNET" is a crutch that does not impress that judges and should be avoided in future. Overall, I give your attempt to paint another poster as having a meltdown 2 out of 10 stars.

:shrug: If you're going to get mad about sharing people's stuff without their consent, you've got a long uphill battle on the internet. That's all. Even if an imgur gallery hadn't been posted, it's not hard to find the whole book somewhere and while I appreciate pointing out where to buy it to support the artist; getting mad at people for posting poo poo in a topic about posting poo poo seems pretty absurd. Especially when, as someone else points out, where is the line drawn and to what extent. Is it only for books you like by creators you support? Or is it okay to post complete works of artists expressly to dump on them because you "don't care" about those guys?

Anyway - because I forgot to post my favorite comic before:

It makes me laugh every time.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

stfu theres a huge difference between a handful of comics and entire works, you dork

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Legin Noslen posted:

I can see why a stupid fuckface would think this is funny.

I'm glad you liked it! :haw:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I took it to C-SPAM and apparently Least I Could Do went full woke now? Last I remember was that edit of the TED Talk comic about how LICD went from a pretty standard gag a day comic about a guy being stupid around women and getting comical comeuppance for it to unironic bitches and whores. Also it went from being set in Canada to America overnight.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I took it to C-SPAM and apparently Least I Could Do went full woke now? Last I remember was that edit of the TED Talk comic about how LICD went from a pretty standard gag a day comic about a guy being stupid around women and getting comical comeuppance for it to unironic bitches and whores. Also it went from being set in Canada to America overnight.

He probably sees that as the only way to keep that strip alive, right?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Unmature posted:

He probably sees that as the only way to keep that strip alive, right?

I have no idea, I'm just curious about its trajectory. I'd look for the comic edit I was talking about but have no idea where to start.

More that hearing it went super woke is weird given it'd turned basically into a fantasy of the author-insert literally getting his dick sucked all the time when he used to be the butt of the joke.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Is it still super misogynistic? Because that's all I remember from it and why I never could get into it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

its just misogynistic now so you would like it

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Don Gato posted:

Is it still super misogynistic? Because that's all I remember from it and why I never could get into it.

Haven't read it myself outside of stuff that gets posted occasionally, but when people are saying it became "woke", that would imply that either "no it's not misogynistic anymore" or "It is but it very heavily pretends not to be, unlike before where it was just laying it all out shamelessly"

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Basically any issue where self-proclaimed feminists actually agree with the religious right probably isn't actually feminist.

What's with the qualifier "self-proclaimed"? I mean, who's to say someone else is not a feminist?

Also, the religious right wants to prosecute sex workers because they believe selling sex is sinful. The feminist left wants to prosecute the sex buyers because they believe buying sex is (always or nearly always) exploitation. They will fight each other tooth and nail on this issue. In summary, you're full of poo poo.

I tried finding a relevant comic strip on the topic to post, but couldn't find much. Have some Chester Brown.

:nws:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Nj4vuVBFVAQ/Ucxg9WJ5z8I/AAAAAAAAA-Q/FMOR0WVFdds/s400/Brown002.jpg

(It turns out later that the girl in the scene does not speak English and was taught to use the phrase "it's OK".)

Hippie Hedgehog has a new favorite as of 13:40 on Aug 11, 2018

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I checked Least I Could Do’s website and by choosing a random date came across the wokeness.

It starts here: https://leasticoulddo.com/comic/20180719

Definitely a big departure from what I remember.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the guy looks like he has a dog snout

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Newest SMBC made me laugh right at the end

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009
That latest oglaf was really good.
This was my favorite part

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Iceache posted:

That latest oglaf was really good.
This was my favorite part

It is good. I laughed pretty hard at the third page when he's fighting that group of men and his penis is rock hard by the last panel.

It gives you good insight into him without words.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I need to find an old Achewood, and their search tool (ohnorobot) is dead.

All I remember is that in the final panel, Teodor has become rich, and is playing tennis while talking into his bluetooth

He's debating a BMW or a Porsche, and when he catches himself thinking about the resale value, he apologizes for the thought from "a different life" before saying he has to hang up and serve.

HELP

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

All I remember is that in the final panel, Teodor has become rich, and is playing tennis while talking into his bluetooth

He's debating a BMW or a Porsche, and when he catches himself thinking about the resale value, he apologizes for the thought from "a different life" before saying he has to hang up and serve.

HELP
It looks like comic #636, but I can't get any closer than that. :(

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Wendell posted:

I checked Least I Could Do’s website and by choosing a random date came across the wokeness.

It starts here: https://leasticoulddo.com/comic/20180719

Definitely a big departure from what I remember.

I haven't read LICD in a looong time but if anyone wants to see some raging those comics have comments on them

Not Evans
Aug 2, 2007

Tobias, have you been flogging Simpsons prop replicas on the internet again?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

HELP

I got this.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07032007

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Jesus christ thank you so much!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

What's with the qualifier "self-proclaimed"? I mean, who's to say someone else is not a feminist?

Also, the religious right wants to prosecute sex workers because they believe selling sex is sinful. The feminist left wants to prosecute the sex buyers because they believe buying sex is (always or nearly always) exploitation. They will fight each other tooth and nail on this issue. In summary, you're full of poo poo.

I tried finding a relevant comic strip on the topic to post, but couldn't find much. Have some Chester Brown.

:nws:

This is :nms:, as well, and also, don't embed these things behind spoiler tags, just link to it.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

A lot of men have weirdly strong opinions about prostitution. It's very strange.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Women

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:frogout:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hay Kranks! How's life treating ya?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Good! Noone cares :haw: Here's content!

Jk kranks hope you're doing good :) I just found content and I don't have an attention span

More, says it might be nws at times. I didn't click through to check, because better you than me lol tell me how it went!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Thx for the shout out dogg. no thx for the werid comic :)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Knew you'd like it ya weirdo!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

anime is blood

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

anyone remember menage a 3, aka "archime?" good news, it's still running and it still sucks rear end

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

goethe.cx posted:

anyone remember menage a 3, aka "archime?" good news, it's still running and it still sucks rear end

Thanks for the update don't post it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Just Offscreen posted:

Thanks for the update don't post it.

Nthing this

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tiberius Christ posted:

broke: abolish prostitution

woke: unionize sex workers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZaVTKzFdGA

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:hai:

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
those super adventure comics sent me into such a blind rage I attempted to destroy them with my fists and wrecked my phone

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

... why? What have we done to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

It's really nice that two developmentally delayed people can have a relationship like that