Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

in the vein of "Timelets"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

Okay so all the Prime Ministers didn't go into politics because of Souboutei, but they were all aware of it and terrified of it

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Eh, my guess was close enough, though I think it would have been funnier :v

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

in the vein of "Timelets"

I like this.

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 67: Initials M.D.

Peace in our time?

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 34: The Bandits, Diplomacy and the Courier

I think this plan might be a bit too clever for its own good.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

that elf really needs something more practical than a miniskirt. get some leggings!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

What can I say? The author must be a thigh guy :T

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Mar 27, 2024

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Man, Sōji got dealt a rough hand. Wiki noted that his Secret Tea Book is associated with the saying "ichi-go ichi-e" (一期一会) or "one time, one meeting" which is a rather Zen idea that every get-together, even if it is with the same people, is unique and in that sense the only one, so you should (mentally and otherwise) prepare for every tea session and enjoy it as if it were the only time you are going to meet your guest(s). drat you Hyouge Mono for actually getting me interested in the philosophy behind the tea ceremony, it's such a good comic.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Taking a one off break from Nick & Lever to post something I encountered in the wild, no idea what the original source is or who the artist is but it was extremely my jam.

Here's WORM

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
That's trippy as hell. Idg the bit with the worm

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Farg posted:

That's trippy as hell. Idg the bit with the worm

the bit with the worm is the same story told from the perspective of the "incomprehensible" extradimensional being

Zulily Zoetrope has a new favorite as of 21:11 on Mar 27, 2024

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

CheeseThief posted:

Taking a one off break from Nick & Lever to post something I encountered in the wild, no idea what the original source is or who the artist is but it was extremely my jam.

Here's WORM

Very good, thank you!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Oohh, wormcomic. Thanks!!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Velvet Gewgaw

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

the bit with the worm is the same story told from the perspective of the "incomprehensible" extradimensional being

That doesn't make sense

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Worm comic makes me feel guilty for my work digging holes, during which I have been an unfeeling and unknowable being cleaving worms in my wake.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

SimonChris posted:

Velvet Gewgaw

!!!

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.
You're just making more worms, doing the Lord's work!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lavender Jack

I like the little cutout panels on the big action sequence, but the colored windows/uncolored background is a bit wasted since the setting is so monochrome to begin with.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

What a ride! :rip: but thank you for posting Lavender Jack :tipshat:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Yeah, this arc was way shorter than the previous one.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

CheeseThief posted:

Here's WORM

It made me think of A Lesson is Learned But the Damage is Irreversible

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Farg posted:

That doesn't make sense

To the worm the human is an unimaginable existence, from the worm's perspective it was dying of thirst alone far from home when a being beyond its comprehension came. The worm was lifted up above its plane of reality (the word plane here being quite literal, the surface) at speeds impossible to its frame of reference only to be deposited safely at home. From the human's perspective they saw a little critter in trouble and gave it a hand.

Think of it like an alien encounter story where the twist is that the mysterious but benevolent entity is just a human as it would appear to something tiny, a mundane act of kindness would be interpreted as something alien and grand. I like these kind of stories, like if there's really intelligent life out there and it's more advanced than us that they would do something kind for a human even if it was incomprehensible to us.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what? no, no.

https://pbfcomics.com/comics/worm/

we see a cunning recharacterisation of the popular twitter meme, "would you still love me if i were a worm". the godlike figure represents the divergent nature of christianity in practice compared to christianity as preached, and (etc)

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

CheeseThief posted:

To the worm the human is an unimaginable existence, from the worm's perspective it was dying of thirst alone far from home when a being beyond its comprehension came. The worm was lifted up above its plane of reality (the word plane here being quite literal, the surface) at speeds impossible to its frame of reference only to be deposited safely at home. From the human's perspective they saw a little critter in trouble and gave it a hand.

Think of it like an alien encounter story where the twist is that the mysterious but benevolent entity is just a human as it would appear to something tiny, a mundane act of kindness would be interpreted as something alien and grand. I like these kind of stories, like if there's really intelligent life out there and it's more advanced than us that they would do something kind for a human even if it was incomprehensible to us.

the worm was just a few inches from grass...also humans are like people you can just see and get that they're alive. the worm would understand whats happening. i think this is an unintended reading

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Slime

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Farg posted:

the worm was just a few inches from grass...also humans are like people you can just see and get that they're alive. the worm would understand whats happening. i think this is an unintended reading

Yeah, as a human, humans seem pretty mundane to me. I think the comic maker just drew whatever, for fun.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Farg posted:

It's anthropomorphizing what happens when you save an earthworm from dying on a sidewalk, a thing they're often seen doing and having done.

pls don't pbf the worm comic

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

FFT posted:

pbf the worm comic

You got it, boss

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
This thread needs to embrace skub

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Fagtastic posted:

This thread needs to embrace skub

GET EM

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

OBVIOUSLY the Worm comic is about Communism. See how the incomprehensible being is made out countless smaller things? It represents Collective Action. Our protagonist, stuck in the rut of individualistic thinking, finds himself facing an ignoble end because he lacks the means to subsist on his own. When Collective Action steps in to help him (as with social programs, food banks, or other similar means of supporting those in need), its voice is incomprehensible because he lacks the words and knowledge to understand. Its touch and taste was painful, because it is unfamiliar and can only trigger feelings of paranoia and wariness in one who has never felt support. Its form was as complex as the Earth because that's the ideal form of Collective Action: all of us, everything working together in sync with each other and the very planet itself for true prosperity

In the next panel, our protagonist is "thrust into a dimension [he] could not have imagined before." This is him coming to understand the value of Collective Action, and of the possibilities that come into reach once we start working together. The ether rushing past him represents how quickly everything else falls into place once you understand these few basic tenets: that together we are greater than any of us are alone

Finally, the protagonist has fully embraced the idea of Collective Action, and to him it now feels like home, because there is nothing more natural than being part of this great ecosystem. And when your basic needs are met, and you don't have to spend your life stressing trying to barely survive and scrape by, you can achieve self-actualization and put your energy towards better things, like helping out a cool worm you saw, because even the smallest creatures among us are worthy of love and compassion

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 38: In Tokyo

In a surprise twist, the terrorists are members of the Hakone-is-part-of-Tokyo People's Liberation Front.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kit Walker posted:

OBVIOUSLY the Worm comic is about Communism. See how the incomprehensible being is made out countless smaller things? It represents Collective Action. Our protagonist, stuck in the rut of individualistic thinking, finds himself facing an ignoble end because he lacks the means to subsist on his own. When Collective Action steps in to help him (as with social programs, food banks, or other similar means of supporting those in need), its voice is incomprehensible because he lacks the words and knowledge to understand. Its touch and taste was painful, because it is unfamiliar and can only trigger feelings of paranoia and wariness in one who has never felt support. Its form was as complex as the Earth because that's the ideal form of Collective Action: all of us, everything working together in sync with each other and the very planet itself for true prosperity

In the next panel, our protagonist is "thrust into a dimension [he] could not have imagined before." This is him coming to understand the value of Collective Action, and of the possibilities that come into reach once we start working together. The ether rushing past him represents how quickly everything else falls into place once you understand these few basic tenets: that together we are greater than any of us are alone

Finally, the protagonist has fully embraced the idea of Collective Action, and to him it now feels like home, because there is nothing more natural than being part of this great ecosystem. And when your basic needs are met, and you don't have to spend your life stressing trying to barely survive and scrape by, you can achieve self-actualization and put your energy towards better things, like helping out a cool worm you saw, because even the smallest creatures among us are worthy of love and compassion

:thejoke:

Everyone already understands this, they're just performatively pbfing it

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

the way i see it is there's worm understanders, and then there's people who can't even PRETEND to know what dune is about

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

The Vagabond of Limbo

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Minnie, post your account

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I think I like this new Lavender Jack baddie guy.

Dunno his motives, and whilst his "banter" is a little less foppish and dandyish for my tastes, he seems nice.

I hope Lavender Jack/Detective Crabb ends up beating the ever loving poo poo out of him.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Rainbow In The Dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Rainbow In The Dark

First of all, lol at that plan being thwarted so quickly, secondly, drat they got over their friend literally being ripped in half pretty fast.

Helios Grime has a new favorite as of 12:03 on Mar 28, 2024