Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 49: Sleepwalking

I hate having wait hours for organ meat! Truly, Ootsuki and friends have plumbed the darkest desires of the human conscience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

gently caress! Somehow I totally missed a chapter and didn't notice for like a month. I'm just going to dump the whole thing in one go, it has some important details in it. I'll try not to make it too tall for the sake of people's scroll bars.

Should have started here:

Emzedoh posted:

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 73: My Song Is Your Song

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 74: Aesthete's Crossroads

And then leads into

Emzedoh posted:

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 74: Dark Tea King

I'm sorry to have hidden bald Nagamasu and Chacha intriguing from you, thread.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I don't get anything about this complex system of castes and honor but it seems just as brutal as anything on GoT.:gibs:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

As nasty as GoT could get, at least no one was ever expected to stab themselves in the guts before the headsman gave them the terminal haircut.

Anyway, what's happened here is that Chacha offered her uncle Nagamasu a invitation to join her faction in the inevitable post-Hideyoshi world in exchange for her smoothing over his and his nephew Nobukatsu's defiance of Hideyoshi's relocation order. Hideyoshi is moving all the fiefs around disguised as rewards for his loyal generals but it seems pretty clear it's also meant to remove them from their traditional power bases.

Nagamasu decides to just opt out of everything by abdicating his status as a warrior/noble and joining the priesthood - probably a bad sign for Chacha, when a proven political survivalist like Nagamasu thinks you've got loser stink, that's not great.

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 06:50 on May 5, 2024

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sorry, ive only got room in my heart for one Chacha (and her sister Chako)

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I guess I could give the proper honorific and call her Ochacha :T

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/bransonreese/status/1786949587045130749?s=21&t=eyR7-l9E8x3UiZki78Qbfw

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Different Country Diary

Tension

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kit Walker posted:

Different Country Diary

lol, Asa continuing her ability to inflict massive psychic damage on adults.

Also I just realised that when Makio staggered from the question she smacked her hip on the doorhandle.

Gravitas Shortfall has a new favorite as of 13:52 on May 5, 2024

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Cricket Magazine, February 1974

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Lol at Remy working so hard to stay mad at Jamis.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Full support for certified Good Boy Duke.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Emzedoh posted:

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 74: Aesthete's Crossroads

guys will just look at this and say hell yeah

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
I was on the road for two days but I won't stop posting

Rainbow in the Dark

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Jimmy seems to have fallen on hard times.

Bro Dad posted:

guys will just look at this and say hell yeah

Those robes probably give fire resistance, too.

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 78: Black and Green Me

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 39: The Smoke, the Crystal and the Courier

Time for some Wasky Races nonsense.

Bonus pages:

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Rikyu is so intense

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Rikyu is so intense

Inteanse.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Emzedoh posted:

Those robes probably give fire resistance, too.

Hey everyone I'm Oda Nagamasu and we're rolling out looking for Japan's greatest Diners, Daimyos, and Dives!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Flavourcastle?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Flying Zamboni posted:

Hey everyone I'm Oda Nagamasu and we're rolling out looking for Japan's greatest Diners, Daimyos, and Dives!

:golfclap:
Would watch

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

Aw yeah, back into the hell paintings

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Flying Zamboni posted:

I'm trying to imagine which line read would be funnier, the authentic Fieri enthusiasm or Nagamasu's usual supercilious aristocrat style.

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 49: Sleepwalking

Wait, Numakawa went to sleep inside the lucid dream?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
In other weird art nerd news, I got like actually paid to draw the, uhh, unofficial unit insignia for an Australian defence force unit guarding a UN compound in a particularly unhappy corner of the world. It blows my tiny little brain that deciding to post a thing in the pyf comics thread led to a win in the local art competition which led to people on the other side of the planet using my scribbles tangentially in Operation Ease Up On The Genocide There Champ. Madness.
Anywho-

It's cool how a handful of lines convey so much smugness

Emzedoh posted:

gently caress! Somehow I totally missed a chapter and didn't notice for like a month. I'm just going to dump the whole thing in one go, it has some important details in it. I'll try not to make it too tall for the sake of people's scroll bars.

Aaaa! I thought I must have missed something.
That's some good intrigue there.

"sack-blast" is an A-tier phrase, for sure.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tree Bucket posted:

In other weird art nerd news, I got like actually paid to draw the, uhh, unofficial unit insignia for an Australian defence force unit guarding a UN compound in a particularly unhappy corner of the world. It blows my tiny little brain that deciding to post a thing in the pyf comics thread led to a win in the local art competition which led to people on the other side of the planet using my scribbles tangentially in Operation Ease Up On The Genocide There Champ. Madness.

whoah drat, congrats!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

I'm really curious about this! If you can't post a pic, can you spoil anything about the design?

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Congrats, Tree Bucket.

Also congrats on Tiger Tiger for winning the first inaugural Green Lesbians JUST KISS ALREADY DAMMIT award.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Emzedoh posted:

I'm really curious about this! If you can't post a pic, can you spoil anything about the design?

It's the Australian coat of arms with the animals replaced with their less cuddly local equivalents.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hm, bin chicken and cassowary?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Local as in local to where they were deployed. That said, the coat of arms would be greatly improved with an ibis or three. Just poking around, drinking garbage water, being happy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

one must imagine sick ibis happy

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I am posting this from like a year ago. Sick ibis has uhhh lost a bit of status over the years

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

It's the Australian coat of arms with the animals replaced with their less cuddly local equivalents.

Oh hey, the Australian coat of arms has a magpie on it, that's cool. Wait no, it's a piping shrike. Wait no, piping shrike is another name for the Australian magpie.

Piping shrike is a pretty good name though.

Edit: haha the New Zealand coat of arms was redesigned in the 50s after concerns in parliament emerged that the dexter supporter looked too much like a "Soviet heroine". Wikipedia though, grain of salt.

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 11:11 on May 6, 2024

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Yeah, the tier list goes:
australian magpie: derivative. C tier
piping shrike: lively; rhymes. Menacing yet cute. A tier
gymnorhina tibicens [scientific name]: sounds bad, but translates as NUDE-SNOUTED FLUTE GUY. S tier

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

and Quardle oodle ardle wardle doodle
The magpies said

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Aw man, I checked that wikipedia article, and was sorely disappointed to see that the white lady wasn't wearing a cap and overalls and with a wrench in one hand in a rifle in the other.

e: and WIP-WIP-WIPP-WIPPP-DBDBDBDBEWDBWBDBDWBEB the grey fantail said

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 11:21 on May 6, 2024

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i found a little footrot flats dog pin just on the ground at the local shops earlier this year. that thing was older than i am and i loving love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Murray Ball was a bit lovely re: feminism and gender issues (his book "The Sisterhood" is eye rollingly bad in places) but he was old and now he's dead, and his comics about farm life are generally inoffensive.