Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Pinsinerator, surely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Byzantine posted:

Pinsinerator, surely

Do we know if that would even kill the Pokémon? Is the Pokéball just a wireless conduit to cloud storage?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

mysterious frankie posted:

You know, the people that didn't read the footnotes didn't get Infinite Jest either. Just saying.

The people who read the footnotes didn't get Infinite Jest either.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

goethe.cx posted:

The Infinite Jest is on people who are still trying to read it

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

goethe.cx posted:

Pffff, you pleb, it’s about... *opens wikipedia* um, tennis and drugs and... citation needed.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Tennis and Drugs is a fair plot synopsis.

I will use this thread to describe why Infinite Jest is the greatest work of contemporary fiction, page by page, including footnotes.
1/15832

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Elviscat posted:

I will use this thread to describe why Infinite Jest is the greatest work of contemporary fiction, page by page, including footnotes.
1/15832

do it on twitter and break their server pls

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cartoon Man posted:

Do we know if that would even kill the Pokémon? Is the Pokéball just a wireless conduit to cloud storage?
Doesn't have to kill them, if each Pokemon can only be withdrawn by one ball then destroying the balls traps them in the PC storage forever and nobody can get them out.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Elviscat posted:

1/15832

And Quebecois separatism :eng101:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
That doesn't make sense, because you can only hold 6, and the rest warp to the computer, so even if you burned all the balls, when you pull a pokemon out of the computer again it'll just print a new ball. We see this in the Pokemon anime.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

goethe.cx posted:

That's nothing, I don't even know what Infinite Jest is.

In fact, I don't even know how to read, I'm using speech to text to shitpost during bathroom visits

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I think we should have a new subforum for illiterates where no letters or words are allowed only smilies and pictures.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I think we should have a new subforum for illiterates where no letters or words are allowed only smilies and pictures.

ur posting in it

e: the book barn would fit too

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Phlegmish posted:

That's nothing, I don't even know what Infinite Jest is.

In fact, I don't even know how to read, I'm using speech to text to shitpost during bathroom visits

Until I looked it up this morning, I had never heard of Infinite Jest. I'm not into 1000 page novels, would rather read the Wikipedia synopsis, subtitled Finite Jest.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

(Reminder: this is a daily strip that runs, among other publications, in the largest-circulation newspaper in the Nordic countries.)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

That's the one!

Their technical skills seems to have jumped between mermaid tits and robot tits, I'll give them that. The line work in the robot tits comic is pretty good and often very intricate. They just need a good editor that can keep their out of proportion desire to focus on tit-worldbuilding to a maximum.

Fixed

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

That's not fixed.

That's not fixed at all >: (

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

That's not fixed.

That's not fixed at all >: (

actually I believe that if you reflect further you will find that it is fixed real good

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Until I looked it up this morning, I had never heard of Infinite Jest. I'm not into 1000 page novels, would rather read the Wikipedia synopsis, subtitled Finite Jest.

I read about 50 pages of Infinite Jest, and I said, "Wow, no wonder this guy killed himself." And then I stopped.

That's also what I said about Wallace's "This is water" commencement speech. So, in conclusion, my takes on David Foster Wallace are not a land of contrasts.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I like both chickens and cats so I am on board with this development

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

3D Megadoodoo posted:

(Reminder: this is a daily strip that runs, among other publications, in the largest-circulation newspaper in the Nordic countries.)

please jerry stop pooping my pants with your comics, it ugh far t s

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I bet her name is "Chatorie"

As in Chicken-cat Chatorie

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phy posted:

I bet her name is "Chatorie"

As in Chicken-cat Chatorie

I don't know what that is.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

3D Megadoodoo posted:

its chicken-cat chatorie

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

"chicken-cat chatorie" when spoken out-loud sounds a lot like chicken cacciatore

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Chicken cherry cola

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

chichhen herrry cocke

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Chickity China, the Chinese Chicken

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My text-to-speech reader must be bugged, it's reading out absolute nonsense

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I'd just like to mention for those that might not be aware, Simon Hanselmann has been posting daily new MM&O on his Instagram, 10 drawings daily, since March 13. It's a single serial story about their Covid experience, and holy poo poo is it good and insane.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That sounds awesome, haha can you imagine if someone posted all of them in the thread haha man that would be crazy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

om nom nom posted:

I'd just like to mention for those that might not be aware, Simon Hanselmann has been posting daily new MM&O on his Instagram, 10 drawings daily, since March 13. It's a single serial story about their Covid experience, and holy poo poo is it good and insane.

Did you come here just to torment us

Post the comics you evil beast

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Did you come here just to torment us

Post the comics you evil beast

Car Crash Crackers has been posting them here

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

His posting isn't that bad.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I live in fear of knowing what a pandemic MM&O storyline is like, it was too depressing for me to read in the before times.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain Hygiene posted:

I live in fear of knowing what a pandemic MM&O storyline is like, it was too depressing for me to read in the before times.

Seems like a bad fit for that username, for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

:3: