Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ByTwistwood/status/1281343463943032839

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

1) You can be drunk
2) You can read
3) You can nap

1.You have to be next to people who are doing all of things very loudly
2. It takes way longer than a car journey because you're still bound by traffic but you have to stop every 2 minutes for 2 guys in a wheelchair to have the lift slowly lowered down for them and a guy on a bike try to figure out how to put it in the rack and an old lady digging through her purse for exact change
3. It stopping every 2 minutes means it also creates traffic

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

A well designed road system will include bus bays in dense arterial roads so that the stopped bus does not impede the flow of traffic. Even with this aside, a bus will reduce traffic by more densely packing human beings onto the road than a personal vehicle will.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

A well designed road system will include bus bays in dense arterial roads so that the stopped bus does not impede the flow of traffic. Even with this aside, a bus will reduce traffic by more densely packing human beings onto the road than a personal vehicle will.

Lol it took Louisville 20 years to realize that they could have the bus system have stops every block instead of every quarter of a block . they'll never figure that out.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Sorry, Leavemywife, but this deserves to be more well-known and not left at the bottom of the last page. Skwirl is not exaggerating. This actually happened. Our current struggle with public transportation is literally because a big automotive company conspired to shut down public transit to sell more cars and we've never recovered.

I'm going to post this so the next page can see it, too. That's really hosed up, and I'm adding it to the list of reasons why I'm hoping to Christ this country can pull itself out of the toilet.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

This gif but imagine the streetcar at the end is a bus

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

1.You have to be next to people who are doing all of things very loudly
2. It takes way longer than a car journey because you're still bound by traffic but you have to stop every 2 minutes for 2 guys in a wheelchair to have the lift slowly lowered down for them and a guy on a bike try to figure out how to put it in the rack and an old lady digging through her purse for exact change

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Lol it took Louisville 20 years to realize that they could have the bus system have stops every block instead of every quarter of a block . they'll never figure that out.

Lol, but in a defeated way

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bus chat...bus chat never changes.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Lol, but in a defeated way

No it was great. I loved waiting 3 minutes for 4 people to get on before stopping again 200 feet later because one dude who was patiently watching the whole thing didn't want to walk that far.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This is embarrassingly better in every way from anything Scott Adams ever made.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

woah! what a twist

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

By popular demand posted:

:hai:

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!

:tviv:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Squidster posted:

The Bus is great. The creator, Paul Kirchner, still sells signed copies of the hardcovers books from his ebay store.

Oh sweet, thanks for the headsup! I just picked the first book. Should I pull the trigger on the second as well?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm slightly disappointed that Alice wasn't able to put her top on with her arms folded

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/PulpLibrarian/status/1281668129584799749

Thread.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I mean she'll explode and get her soul sent back to home base if she washes it anyway :shrug:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

that "never wash again" joke is so new that im never washing this thread again

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Big fluffy dog it's hard to appreciate how something can be good when your only experiences are of the worst possible implementation.

For example, your posting

Splicer has a new favorite as of 23:20 on Jul 10, 2020

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ooh i loved these as a kid, some friend of the family learned that I'd loved the Little Nemo movie and gave/lent me their Winsor McCay collection

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Carthag Tuek posted:

that "never wash again" joke is so new that im never washing this thread again

Simpsons did it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

By popular demand posted:

also penny arcade

anyone else following the current MM&O storyline? because loving lol

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

finalellipsis posted:

also penny arcade

anyone else following the current MM&O storyline? because loving lol

I only just found it at the beginning of this storyline. it's an amazing combination of compelling and gross

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

FFT posted:

ooh i loved these as a kid, some friend of the family learned that I'd loved the Little Nemo movie and gave/lent me their Winsor McCay collection

the SA wordfilter has ruined me

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1281767199573782528

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

And so we learn why Powerup Comics characters never uncross their arms. It's a comics origin story!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I did not see that coming.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
This is 100% the most compelling story I have ever read. Get the gently caress out of here War and Peace, Gamer Dilbert is where it's at.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I did not see that coming.

I actually did but I'm still surprised it happened! Check the masterful foreshadowing in the strip where Gamer Dilbert starts climbing the building.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I love when I accidentally get emotionally invested in something when I didn't expect to.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Moon Monster posted:

I actually did but I'm still surprised it happened! Check the masterful foreshadowing in the strip where Gamer Dilbert starts climbing the building.

Holy poo poo!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

E: ugh comic had a tiny font gay slur I didn’t see

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/BarnaclePress/status/1281284755040985089?s=20

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Buenos dias Alice
IMBECIL!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

The Wurst Poster posted:

Buenos dias Alice
IMBECIL!!

:pusheen: