Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Tennis and Drugs is a fair plot synopsis.

I will use this thread to describe why Infinite Jest is the greatest work of contemporary fiction, page by page, including footnotes.
1/15832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics doesn't need fine motor control. A real gamer would know that :colbert:

Someone make :colbert: but with that grin and then don't buy it

Gamer Dilbert is apparently into Tactics and Crono Trigger, which is pretty excellent taste in games imho.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Trains are awesome, buses suck. If you own a car there is almost no reason to take a bus, since it is like a car, but you don't choose when it departs.

Holy gently caress it's nice having a reliable and usable train/subway system.when it exists though.

I grew up riding buses in my city, watching people gently caress on them, drugs getting dealt on them, several men chasing an immigrant to force him to withdraw money from an ATM to give to them, a methed-up (presumable) white supremacist declaring he was on the bus to "destroy all crack heads!" And getting punched out for it, an elderly white man in a fedora and overcoat, clutching a briefcase and rocking back and forth chanting "kill, murder, rape, pillage, destroy, do it, do it, DO IT!.

Anyways, in two years I'll probably be commuting by that city's new rail s.... is this the loving comics thread?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Slimy Hog posted:

Nah, busses rock.

If you like public transit AND things that are like trains, but worse, then yeah 100% agree.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Randaconda posted:

it does not

PYF is pretty easy going

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Organza Quiz posted:

Maybe it's you who should give more of a poo poo

https://twitter.com/BBolander/status/1281674181277605889

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Gamer Dilbert is just ripping off a story line from famed Science Fiction Novel "Bill the Galactic Hero".

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Only if the doc reattached the replacement hands to the wrong arms

(Bill ended up with two right arms)

One of which was from his dead black buddy.

I just hope Dilbert's hands start acting independently and I'm right.

Or Dilbert lucks out and blows up a superior alien Battle Cruiiser through sheer luck and incompetence, after being impressed into the Galactic Space Navy.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

Doesn't really have a very effective work surface, the sliding cupboard doors make it more of a bureau.

That's explicitly a writing desk, the top rolls up to reveal a flat writing surface with quills, blotters, sand, sealing wax, everything the modern businessman requires to conduct correspondence.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU

In conclusion, I give poster Garrand one of my coveted brentrambo.gifs:

Oh cool, another video in the genre of "weirdly dressed Gaijin prances around while Japanese people stare at them"

My favourite genre.

https://youtu.be/LiaYDPRedWQ

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

That's a good comic, but I'm glad there's not more of them because the character art is stomach turning ugly.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

What is the original meme?

This, I assume.

In the horny theme, I found this.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Mine runs in from her bedroom to mine yeowling for pets whenever I come home :3

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

What's moredog?

Not much, what's Moredog with you?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Genuinely think this would be a baby hazard. Look how happy I am, of course you want to touch me!

Better draw some bunny faces on them to be safe.

The hot connections are covered with locking shutters, so they're pretty child safe.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Many American plugs are child safe now, at least.

The NEMA 5-15 may not be a well designed outlet, and certainly it should have the ground plug mounted upwards, but besides all that, it looks like a cute little human face! And who wouldn't love that?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

The normal Powerup comics characters being the audience for the Civ 5 match is :kiss:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

sorry just a small stupid brag real quick but I think powerup's gonna use my shirt idea

*crosses arms and smirks at thread*

That's awesome.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

This poo poo comparing a mod on a comedy forum to the loving police is some of the stupidest poo poo I've ever read, and denigrates people who suffer actual harm at the hands of actual cops.

A 6 hour probe isn't actual harm.

You bunch of loving losers.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

ultrafilter posted:

They were featured in an earlier comic but I don't think they're characters outside of Gamer Dilbert.

One of them plays a bit part in the hit tv show "the 2020 US presidential elections"

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

HANDS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

When you can take out a trained sniper with a pistol, after suffering a severe stroke, how about you come back then and tell Dilbert how hands work, how about that Captain Hand Expert?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ronnie is having an existential crisis

Could this be ...... the end of Womp!??

Oh gently caress, a classic Trent Reznor "I'm happy, therefore my art is destroyed, therefore my fans hate me" loop!

I'm sure Ronnie will pull himself out.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I'd take a drifting gorilla tag for sure.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Godamnit KSBD updates so loving slow.

It's probably the ridiculous, insane lusciously detailed artwork.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

Uh. Oatmeal cookies are awesome and I will fight you

I'm Bernie Sanders, and I've figured out how to solve America's last looming problem.

Suit up bucko, you and 100 of your oatmeal loving weirdo Comrades just got conscripted.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I love cucumbers, pickled an non, but I think I can sympathize with the hate, I got a nice huge 'cumber fresh from the black dirt, cut it in half and threw some salt on it as a snack, and it was one of the most vile things I've ever tasted, it was more bitter than the bittering agent added to computer duster, I could not get the taste out of my mouth.

If you're sensitive to that taste, and normal cucumbers just taste like that overripe motherfucker I got, then I'm 100% behind your choice not to eat them.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Slimy Hog posted:

Speaking of books, the bus is a great purchase and if you get it from ebay it's signed! (and super cheap for a singed hard back art book)

Can I get one that's both signed and not lightly burnt though?

Is the singeing why they're so cheap?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Happy no nut November comics thread.

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1326961681289932800?s=19

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Part of my job is once a month I spend 24 hours in an office printing out emails.

Occasionally the computer forgets which printer to print to, and I have to search through literally thousands of printers to select the one in my office.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I'm extremely apathetic to these comics, but I really appreciate you posting a new one every day, and I read all of them.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Ziv Zulander posted:

Buckle up, everybody. This is the last time we'll see Paul for a while

My seatbelt is securely fastened!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hmm, yes. Video games are blood.

Counterpoint, video games suck.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Maybe I'll try them again when they don't all have the exact same dumb looking ugly guy as the only character.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

:thejoke:q

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Fuckin' A, I had totally forgot about Gary and his background.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Garrand posted:

haven't checked three panel soul in a while

These are like those horrible alien comics.

Except good instead of horrible.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Desert Bus posted:

It's like 4am and i'm drunk as poo poo (yeah go ahead and probe me idc) so i'm not gonna even try and :filez: this. Maybe when I wake tomorrow up I'll see and remember this and give it a go.

Lol, does anyone get probed for drunk pissing in the YOOL 2021?

That was supposed to be "drunk posting" but I'm drunk and drunk pissing dreams appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Good to have confirmation, butt yeah the visual language of the comic is a little confusing because it looks like the child trafficking sign frog is meant to be the heroic one making a bold point that the artist wants you to agree with

The first really wordy one confused me, and I couldn't tell where it was coming from, the one with less words was way more obvious and better IMO.