Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

watching a lot of cs lewis

Somehow I don't think they said that in Narnia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

I'd like to thank this thread for introducing me to Brandon Reese.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Don't know what it is but I love this guy's stuff.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

trapped mouse posted:

I mean, I already knew Branson's politics, but it's still silly to see literally every chaotic good panel to be an edgy communist. Don't landerig this poo poo dude

I don't know about any of that, just thought it was funny.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

How do you actually get ahold of the comics? There's like 3 books, and some stuff on Vice but I can't seem to find any newer stuff.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Didn't realize the Megg and Mogg collections were on Google play, bought a couple today. Looks great on a tablet.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

om nom nom posted:

Well I bought both MM&O books that are available on Google books, "One More Year" and "Megg and Mogg in Amsterdam" and absolutely powered through that poo poo. I had like $18 on my Google account from surveys, so for 2 books it was like $12 out of pocket. So worth it. It's really nice to get consecutive stories, rather than just reading random comics posted online. Even on vice.com they're in reverse chronological order, so it's a pain in the rear end to read them the way they were meant to be.

I love them so much but it is so bleak and depressing. Especially Werewolf Jones and his kids, his kids are hosed up but I feel like they are the most tragic characters in the story, everyone else put themselves into the world of drugs and squalor, Diesel and Jaxson just had lovely luck, and are probably going to grow up to be horrible people, if they survive to adulthood. A neat reveal at the end of One More Year about WWJ, (I dont know that this really needs spoiler tags, but gently caress it, it can't hurt) hes a werewolf that turns into a wolf when he's hosed up, and took his human form while being sober, presumably for the first time in the run of the comic, while he was being held in jail.

Just so you know, Megahex is also on there, it precedes the two you just read.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Since you guys were posting some Branson Reese, will repost some of my favorites.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

More Branson Reese. I don't know what it is, his facial expressions loving kill me.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Poorly drawn lines

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Comptroll The Forums posted:

This Swan Boy is really poo poo, bring back the migg moof and bowels.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

For people looking for Megg Mogg and Owl, 2 or 3 collections of them are on Google Books or whatever it is. Read them on my tablet

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

MM&O owns

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/OTSXLjd.jpg :nws:

Somebody has a new favorite as of 20:14 on Oct 2, 2018

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Whoa, I really misinterpreted this one at first.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Hahaha poo poo this is amazing.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

C section baby made me lol

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Kate Beaton is a treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

Is there a Cliffs Notes version of who Kate Beaton is and why I should care?

Sorry, she's the artist who makes those comics based on old timey stuff that were just posted. It was called "Hark, a Vagrant".