Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Unmature posted:

Somebody post some MMO already.

I know right wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I just finished Megahex, the first full length MMO book yesterday, and this is the comic it wraps up with. Surprisingly affective.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

Thing is, these comics are supposed to be somewhat true to life? Like The person making these takes events and stories that happened and turn them into comics?

Owl isn't a bad guy. He has faults. He needs 100% to get out of that toxic environment, and he needs a bit of guidance.

Yeah he grew up in a bogan town in a bogan state and a lot of the most terrible things in MMO (including the birthday rape) really happened to friends of his. Interesting interviews:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/14/simon-hanselmann-interview-megg-mogg-and-owl

http://www.tcj.com/a-conversation-with-simon-hanselmann/

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

BIG BOUNCERS BLASTOFF 3 posted:

Well, I loved Megg, Mogg & Owl so much I finally decided to buy two books of it! Thanks, thread!

...I'd read them all. All of them had been posted. This must be how Owl feels all the time.

*shits in garden*

Me too but then I was like, eh, Hanselmann deserves my money.

Actually there were two really good laugh-out-loud comics that I haven't seen posted here: catching the bus to the music festival, and when Owl comes home and finds WW Jones and pals making a Gatorade sauna in his wardrobe.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Ferrule posted:

post 'em, dingus

Can't find them online. Buy his books! They're like 15 bucks on Amazon.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Anybody read the latest Meg Mogg & Owl anthology, One More Year? It has a pretty startling ending which I don't think is online (and no I'm not talking about WW Jones dying on Christmas, that wasn't in it).

Basically - and if you enjoy the comics I do recommend not spoiling and reading it yourself - Meg and WW Jones get arrested and the others only bail Meg out, it's at the end of a long comic, they forget/don't care about WW Jones etc. And the final page is his locked cell door yelling to be let out and screaming for a drink, and then you see inside the cell and he's rendered as a human man, wearing Jones' clothes, still shouting. And that's the end. I thought it was a pretty neat use of an unreliable narrator, calling the "reality" of the whole comics into question and implying that maybe they're all, actually, just regular humans. Which makes their lovely drugged up life so much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Blackchamber posted:

I have it and I enjoyed it. The thing with MMO is I don't expect there to be a whole lot of continuity so the ending is pretty whatever.

Me neither, none of the previous storylines have ended in any kind of change and I don't expect this one to, but it was still a really great and unexpected moment.