Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

NorgLyle posted:

I always thought that Seinfeld's stand up bits from the show were intentionally tepid in service of the premise that, in the show, Jerry was just a working comedian doing random nightclubs and not a millionaire super comic. All of the characters (aside from Kramer) were supposed to be fairly unremarkable in the fantasy universe where they lived.

dog did you watch seinfeld when it was out? Jerry's poo poo sounds unfunny/lame now in 2017 but at the time those opening monologues were fuckin gold jerry, GOLD!!

Probably because when I was watching it as a kid I didn't really hear any other observational comics so his stuff was ironically very fresh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Powaqoatse posted:

no gently caress sake they were trash then too.

I have never disagreed with anyone so much on the internet before, it feels like I've been kicked in the stomach by a horse

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

MMO captures the vibe of Australian adolescence extremely well in a "we only needed to be like, 5% dumber as teenagers to end up like this " sort of way

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

mrfart posted:

I don't get it.

Speaking of cups, I once made a comic about that too.
It's in no way referencing any popular culture thing.
Anyway, I made hundreds of these, but never translated them in english or put online.
The ones I did got like 5 views and internet doesn't pay anyway.
i know it's inappropriate these days to expect to make any sort of living with anything creative.

This one got me

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

MMO and pfsc are two comics that, to enjoy, you have to relate to just enough to be able to say "hoo man, I remember what THAT was like!!"

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Achewood used to have an incredible reputation but I got the impression something suspect happened with Onstad and people got over it

I know he restarted the strip a bunch of times and I think each time it got worse and it sort of tainted the earlier strips as well? I don't know. I still love it but there's certainly a spot I usually stop reading it (before the "high school" arc somewhere)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

lol