Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Why is Gwen drawn like she's the main wankfodder in a How To Draw Manga book?

Way to answer your own question there, chief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Conceptually I like the joke of interacting with sound effects, but the execution ruins the joke. The other character, who respects the four walls of the medium, acknowledges the existence of sound effects as words, which means that sound effect words exist in-universe. So it's like breaking and fixing the fourth wall.

No, he merely acknowledges
a) that Gwen can experience and interact with his universe as if it were a comic book
b) the existence of sound effects as words in comic books

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

Just imagine, weird poo poo suspended in a kind of jelly

No need to imagine when my monitor has a power button.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Slippery posted:

Wait, Prez like Prez the Teen President from the 70s?

That hair-do looks awfully familiar

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

That makes no sense.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

I rremember 11 years ago when I found the dead-end white-collar job with loving loving loving SAP key on my keyboard

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Chitin posted:

See, that's actually my least favorite bit because I feel like way too much of Gaiman's writing is just "See that reference I just made? I was very clever for making it, and you are very clever for getting it."

Gaiman = Moore.

e: I read a collection of novellas by Gaiman a few years ago and it was OK I guess.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 12:38 on Feb 5, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Hjalmar posted:

i feel kinda bad for shmorky because everyone knew and swept it under the rug instead of getting them the help they needed when they could have really used it

i still don't want to see diaper klurfs ever again though

Well, just don't turn off your monitor.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

CzarChasm posted:

Is this a fingerpori?

Vastaan ilmastointikanavasta

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Karate Bastard posted:

What is Stephen King doing right this minute?????

Ruining his latest manuscript with aliens from the Internet?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Krankenstyle posted:

aw shucks that aint what mama taught you mm-m im a sassy magical negro who is also magically retarded and a retired author who owns a vacation property in the woods

I was talking specifically about End of Watch by the by, in case anyone didn't realize and still cares. Such a shame

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

BallerBallerDillz posted:

The tyres were wet.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

One of my favourite Aku Ankan taskukirja (Donald Duck's Pocket Book) volumes is the one where [this might not be entirely accurate and I can't check right now] Goofy accidentally gets subjected to uhh atoms? at the seven dwarf's science lair and he and his crickets turn into giants so Donald Duck (who earlier in the story is turned into a propeller by a carnival hypnotist) and his nephews volunteer as the city's last defense against the giant grasshopper onslaught and they just blast the jumpy fuckers with an AA gun until they run out of ammunition. It's pretty wild.

e: Couldn't find the panel with Donald in it

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 12:44 on Mar 20, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

What?

Ooooooh.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

I WANT TO READ MY BAADDDD COMICS

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Karate Bastard posted:

Just write benis like a normal person.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Groke posted:

For some reason they spent the four hundred years of ruling over Norway not learning how to swear like a northern Norwegian.

They spent hundreds of years ruling over England so that canceled everything out.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Arrhythmia posted:

It's the alt-text.

Punch the alt-text!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

If it's not baked twice it's not a biscuit but a unicuit. (I mean, literally this is a fact. Calling something that's only been baked once a biscuit is literally literally the same as calling a unicycle a bicycle.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Push El Burrito posted:

"You're calling this the wrong thing", says country that has two words for the same thing.

Let's not bring the single-party system with the same right-wing bougie fascist party twice that Americans call a "bi-partisan" system into the comic thread, TIA.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Aramoro posted:

This is quite interesting though and it comes from how they're made. Black pudding isn't a sausage, it just looks like one. So a steak and kidney pudding and a Sussex pond pudding are essentially the same thing except one the filling is savoury and the other sweet.

The term pudding turned into the more generic term it is now for a sweet dessert over time. That why savoury puddings tend to be older traditional dishes as no one uses that term anymore.

Yeah, if you go by what a food "looks like" you get people calling pea soup

or rutabaga purée for boxes

"sausage".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Sunswipe posted:

Something that's only been baked once when it should be twice is biscoitus interruptus.

I don't appreciate your half-baked linguistic opinions.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Cow posts.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Krankenstyle posted:

why tho

if you dont get the comic, just say that instead of theorycrafting you know? its like theres some kind of weird motivation behind it, some kind fakeposting?? why would anyone pretend to not get it, pretend to be an idiot on the internet+?!! WTF man im angry now AAAA

That's why.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Future BF looks futuristic and the other one is dressed like a guy from hundreds of years ago, so it's playing on the ambiguity of the words future and past in context.

Still not funny but that's what I read. A bad fingerborg.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Okay NOW future boyfriend is real good

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Do you think he'll like VIDEO GAMES

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Would've worked just fine ending with just "what do you think, Spongebob."

(Not saying it's bad even continuing.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Push El Burrito posted:

That's a poor characterization of Spongebob.

Trap sprung?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

lifg posted:

An oldie, but it's new to me.

"History of comics in 6 panels"

Source: http://mattmadden.blogspot.com/2012...c-books-in.html

A history of comics in six panels, by a guy who has only ever read American comic books, I.e. about 0.05% of comics.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Well gently caress lifg then vOv

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Erasing three continents' and a few hundred years worth of art is a small mistake

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A few hundred? Comics were invented by the ancient Egyptians thousands of years ago!
Edit:

Fair enough.

lofi posted:

It's often harder for the mummy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

By all means let's name-drop someone who'd just had a baby and put her at risk for mobbing, Goodest Internet Lad.

Maybe they don't know Kate Beaton just had a baby.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It would be irresponsibly to do on any day.

"Don't talk about people on the Internet, ever"? Fair enough.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

ArtIsResistance posted:

This comic is really bad but I have no idea why

It's the diamond thing next to the dog's face in the second panel that is either an anime thing I don't know what it means or just a random shape who knows.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Skwirl posted:

His children were asleep and pushing him off the bed by that point.

That's not actually possible the guy is huge.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Brutalism is "bland" much in the same way as a good rear end-fisting is "bland".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Luckyellow posted:

What I don't get is how did this break copyright law?

Barbie is a trademark owned by Mattel (or whoever). The writer of that twit just confused trademark law with copyright law.

«9 »