Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The bearded stoner is like a mark of non-quality, it's amazingly consistent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Wizard Master has fallen, another rises to take his place

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

OK deathbulge is pretty good

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't get the fizzy bomb one

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

DELL COMICS ARE GOOD COMICS

An immortal being's supernatural mind control powers are kind of a heavy subject for a kids' comic

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Clitch posted:

Gilchrist's Nancy should have been called "Aunt Fritzy's Big Ol' Tiddies", because they were his star character.

So it did have a redeeming feature

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Just imagine what he can do with those hands

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You're makes a good point

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The people are growing restless, where is Wizard Master they ask

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's the Big Bang Theory of webcomics. Some people like it, some people don't.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Just your average French car

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Possibly it's a Nigerian expression but also I'm pretty sure this person is at least slightly mentally ill, so who knows

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Zelder posted:

Daisy owl is very good

I keep expecting it to be terrible but it's pretty decent

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I must say I like the part about imprisoning Catholic priests

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Final panel would fit either way

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My 62-year-old dad has been torrenting books for years so these comics are lame even by boomer standards

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Very powerful, giving Wizard Master a run for his money, but can he keep it up

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

SubNat posted:

The fact that the most recent comic, the one where a guy beats up a lady for laughing at him, is one of his most popular really says all you need to know about the guy and his fanbase.

All of his stuff feels like it's trying to be the webcomic version of Happy Tree Friends.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My dad had a whole collection of Mad pockets, I remember reading them at an age where I was really much too young to properly appreciate them.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The comic be bad

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Karate Bastard has been posting in a drug-fueled haze for the past few months

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I wouldn't say 'quickly'.

Though webcomics tend to demonstrate a principle I've observed and participated in: If you put out content on a regular basis, no matter how outdated, repetitive or otherwise utterly mediocre it is, you are guaranteed to attract a following out of sheer familiarity if nothing else.

Yeah some of them have an audience of maybe five people, but those five people are really really into it

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Brewmaster posted:

That list is loving terrible man

Leave Krankenstyle alone, he's opening up to us, takes guts :respek:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It wasn't FINAL DESTINATION NO ITEMS so let my noob brother think what he wants

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If your opponent is called Imbattable you might as well give up

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Most people don't really give much of a poo poo about high literature, deeper themes, or thought-provoking stories. Most people just want entertaining stories told to them. This is one reason that 40K works. The setting is interesting. It's horribly violent and would suck to live in but it's great for storytelling. It's the most metal science fiction you can imagine turned up to eleven then somebody said "actually no that isn't far enough, make it crazier." It's stupid as hell but it isn't trying to go down in history to be studied by professors a century from now. It's just trying to sell miniatures, books, and video games.

I don't understand how the setting is supposed to be interesting or how it makes for great storytelling. Every time I read a WH40K plot summary it's something like 'and then yet another extragalactic alien species invaded and destroyed a million planets instantly'. The scale involved is so ludicrous and impersonal, and the grimness is so relentless that it seems to lack all impact or meaning. What is the story being told here? Is it a worthwhile one? I'm probably missing something, I've never actually played the tabletop game.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Former DILF posted:

sweet, im like 3% north african

JACKPOT

I have bad news about North Africa

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's basically the female Ronnie but it's ok, I kind of like it

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

he's fairly open with his bullshit, what with his constant U TRIGGERED, LIBTARDS? chick filet meals and his boasting about how he's legally banned from entering Germany because of his Holocaust apologia.

Whatever dude, raise your hand if you're NOT legally banned from entering Germany

[everyone raises hands]

gently caress

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

Guys I get it...now excuse me while I never post in here again for fear that if I didn't look at ever previous comic some idiot made online before posting the one mildy funny and not that offensive one I got messaged randomly, I'll start a nazi/kluff slap fight. BTW, Kluff poo poo started here, so that's on y'all.

I didn't know him either, just 'avin' a laugh m8.

We cool bro? [nudges shoulder slightly too hard] Bro, bro, we cool?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was only feeling it a little at first but the final panel and that 'no gently caress you' crack me up for some reason

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Every time her name comes up it's the exact same series of posts

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Gary Larson, your poison womb is making heaven too loving crowded!!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was all :hmmyes: these are good I like them, then I scrolled up and was mildly surprised to see it was Randaconda

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Riatsala posted:

I'm having trouble remembering the name of a comic that satirizes syndicated newspaper comic conventions like how characters fly backward in reaction to bad jokes or sweat weird gigantic drops of sweat.

I seem to remember it being mostly 3 panels, and maybe only going for a few years. Help?

Edit: Also I thought it was Tom the Dancing Bug, but what I'm thinking of was mostly drawn in a very generic beetle bailey type style

That does sound like Tom the Dancing Bug's Super-Fun-Pak Comix by the most excellent Ruben Bolling.

e: who unfortunately went insane when Trump was elected

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

https://www.gocomics.com/tomthedancingbug/1998/04/12

1998, when everyone else was making edgy spiky-haired gamer comics. Bolling owns

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Loucks posted:

It’s not as if his past work has been especially apolitical either. Truly a baffling take.

Settle down Beavis, I'm rereading his comics chronologically and even back in the day the Clinton ones were weak compared to the rest

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

e: wow, my first quote=edit

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Charles Boyce owns because he is 100% earnest about making dad computer jokes and public awareness of the technological age with the Keypad Kid and his aol.com email address. We live in an age of irony and detachment where caring about things is uncool, but Charles Boyce hasn't got the memo and continues to earnestly produce something he clearly cares about and loves. If you don't like the jokes that's fine, but I think he's great.

Also he knows nothing about that which he professes to care about, where usually it's the other way around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Didn't read any of the last page but boar guy I stand with you, I always root for the underdog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu7rPq_0kJ0

It's 1997 forever