Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

doodlebugs posted:

I'm not gonna make you guys scroll past 10 mmo strips again but it's the one when megg and mogg gently caress with owls alarm and pants before his first, and because of them last, day at his dream job.

Man I though owl was just as bad as megg and mogg, but this one has changed my opinion for sure. What an absolute lovely thing for them to do. He may be a super creep when it comes to women, and he likes to whine about his friends lifestyle while simultaneously enabling them and getting hosed up on drugs himself and never making a true effort to get away from the self, destructive lifestyle, but this is loving low of megg and mogg. At least owl makes regular effort to be a hard-working, active member of society and earn a living. Megg and mogg stoop so low in this one, passive aggressively crushing his chances at this dream job for no reason but to gently caress with him. That or seemingly wanting him to be on the same level of scum that they are, sucking on their trash hookah, pleased with themselves for completely loving their "friend's" life.

Sorry for the rant, I don't know why this one got to me like tha. I've been really enjoying mmo and its unique depressing and scummy vibe. But I think this is the worst thing I've seen megg and mogg do, from the plotting and following through on messing with owls livelihood, to their seemingly pleased with themselves attitude afterwards, and their facade that it just happened to owl because he is just like them, and not because they sabotaged someone who is supposed to be their friend, just because they felt like loving with someone's life.

What absolute scumbag fictional cartoon characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

for some reason all this time I thought the woman was Ronnie's wife

Same. Or at least girlfriend.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Comptroll The Forums posted:

No no, I didn't say "smoke grass, fed bird," I said "smoked, grass-fed bird"! :chef:

It makes me wonder* what companies are thinking when they advertise "vegetarian fed" chicken and duck. Those birds are omnivores, and were most likely unhealthy and sickly when they were alive. Unless they are raised at a really nice farm and have plenty of space to find grubs and worms, which is probably not the case for any of the corporate commodity farms that make a point to advertise this fact.

*It doesn't really make me wonder, it sounds good and "healthy" and people are stupid.

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 06:38 on Jul 5, 2017

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CPColin posted:

But this isn't the meme thread!

So what's the different between a cartoon meme with a speech bubble and a single panel comic?

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The glasses that fit the eyeball off the face is a nice touch.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Sharks are not smooth, idiot.

You are the idiot, as sharks are incredibly smooth.

Bombadilillo posted:

Don't rub against the grain, dummy.
Sharks are smooth from every direction.

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 05:30 on Sep 16, 2017

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lol'd for real

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Long and not much payoff but boatse is worth it

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
59 new posts and like 6 comics. What is this the PYF funny picture thread?

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Powaqoatse posted:

lol

imo deathbulge has/is a pretty good comedy writer

He seems like a pretty cool guy, I emailed him that AUG picture with all of the mugshots of heinous people with heinous haircuts and told him it reminded me of deathbulge, and said thanks for all the great content. He responded in person, said thanks for the inspiration and he appreciates the thank you, obviously a real personal response and not some pre written form letter. He says on his website that it might take a while, but he will respond, and I think it's super cool that he actually did.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I had this as a full color poster and got it framed. Such a cool drawing.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

uvar posted:

There's a colour version?

Also, do you know the title/author? I've seen it before so I know there's an earlier page (plus it starting on "4") but I don't know where to start looking and image search didn't find anything for this version of it.

It's called "a short history of America" by Robert crumb

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

$159,760 raised by 1482 backers

Ninja edit: thats a really high average donation

Edit 2: there's a loving $22,000 donation from an anonymous donor. I guess that would inflate the average. The biggest incentive is $10,000 for a life sized "prissan (the goblin I assume?), but I guess that's just not a significant enough donation for the true goblins fan.

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 04:40 on Dec 18, 2017

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Well Tom Bunk certainly did a great job but I don't know that Michael Gallagher really pulled his weight for the team on this one.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Megg mogg and owl is very good, and all of the characters are pieces of poo poo.

Hope This Helps™

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 05:05 on Dec 30, 2017

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I like this version

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I love this one

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Ah, it's Reginald's cat comic.

Worth posting.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Well it tastes like a bomb that's come out of an rear end, that's for sure.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

If you want to get really scared for this country, most Americans don't even USE checkbooks anymore.

If you really REALLY want to be frightened for the future of this country, most kids don't even know how to change the ink ribbon on a typewriter! Many people don't even USE typewriters anymore!

There is nothing worse than being stuck behind an old lady in line at the grocery store who is writing a check for $4.67 for her single banana, quart of milk, box of pasta, and single cup of yogurt.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Didn't realize the Megg and Mogg collections were on Google play, bought a couple today. Looks great on a tablet.

Oh that's awesome. I've been doing the Google surveys that give you credit for the play store without a real goal in mind, I'm up to like $17 that's just sitting there. I think I've decided what to spend it on. Now the only question is which one.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Well I bought both MM&O books that are available on Google books, "One More Year" and "Megg and Mogg in Amsterdam" and absolutely powered through that poo poo. I had like $18 on my Google account from surveys, so for 2 books it was like $12 out of pocket. So worth it. It's really nice to get consecutive stories, rather than just reading random comics posted online. Even on vice.com they're in reverse chronological order, so it's a pain in the rear end to read them the way they were meant to be.

I love them so much but it is so bleak and depressing. Especially Werewolf Jones and his kids, his kids are hosed up but I feel like they are the most tragic characters in the story, everyone else put themselves into the world of drugs and squalor, Diesel and Jaxson just had lovely luck, and are probably going to grow up to be horrible people, if they survive to adulthood. A neat reveal at the end of One More Year about WWJ, (I dont know that this really needs spoiler tags, but gently caress it, it can't hurt) hes a werewolf that turns into a wolf when he's hosed up, and took his human form while being sober, presumably for the first time in the run of the comic, while he was being held in jail.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

marshmallow creep posted:

That spoiler suggests a bleak things about his kids, too.

The first (I think) time you meet the kids, WWJ's response to Owl being pissed that they're at the house is to give them bong rips with the goal of making them "green out".

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Just so you know, Megahex is also on there, it precedes the two you just read.

Oh nice, it is. It didn't pop up in a "Megg, Mogg, and Owl" search, but when I searched "Megahex" specifically it did.

Edit:

A Spherical Sponge posted:

I thought they were just reverse werewolves who turned human on the full moon. it's definitely more bleak if they're only werewolves when they're high/drunk though. My favorite werewolf jones comic was the one where he gets really into Stephen Universe and it's associated fandom, then has a emotional breakdown culminating in a suicide attempt. Also the one where he punches that guy in the dick and you can see his face head on, and the one where he injects orange juice into his eye. Werewolf jones is the best.

They didn't go into detail about it, but it definitely seems like the logical conclusion. Here's the comic in question, I'll use spoiler tags again. Basic plot rundown leading up to this point: Megg, Mogg, Owl and WWJ are getting hosed up in public. WWJ is clearly losing it, talking about getting his phone lines tapped and cylons being after him, also eating cigarettes. Cops come, WWJ and Megg get mouthy and get arrested. Owl bails out Megg and not WWJ, citing the crazy poo poo he was saying, saying that wherever he is he's better off than he would be on the streets, but obviously also because Owl thinks WWJ is a real piece of poo poo. Also the fact that Owl is just as self centered as the rest, if not more so, and wants to bang Megg and bailing out WWJ is of no benefit to him.

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 01:06 on Mar 3, 2018

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ilysespieces posted:

Anyone have Megahex that can send me (user username @gmail)/post page 62? I'm p sure that set of pages has been posted here before, but I bought the book off Google Play Books and that page has a giant black square through the bottom 2/3 of the page. I'm almost positive it's not intentional, since it cuts through the second two in the comic. Thanks.

I was about to send it, but I've got the Google play book and it's the same thing

Edit:
The ebook and hard copy must be different, that's not the same page that's blocked out in our books.

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 23:58 on Mar 11, 2018

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I just submitted a query to Google. The ISBN is 978-1-60699-743-7 if anyone else dealing with it wants to submit one as well.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ilysespieces posted:

Anyone have Megahex that can send me (user username @gmail)/post page 62? I'm p sure that set of pages has been posted here before, but I bought the book off Google Play Books and that page has a giant black square through the bottom 2/3 of the page. I'm almost positive it's not intentional, since it cuts through the second two in the comic. Thanks.

After submitting a query about this to Google play, they gave me some troubleshooting things, which didn't work, and just me $10 credit to the google play store. So if you haven't submitted an official complaint/query I'd recommend you do, $10 definitely outweighs not being able to read a page in a 220 page comic book imo.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
These are my favorite sex survey results

https://youtu.be/KgmoMO66uPg?t=2h15m42s

https://youtu.be/KgmoMO66uPg?t=2h32m35s

https://youtu.be/KgmoMO66uPg?t=1h09m30s

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 04:25 on Apr 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I googled Brandon Reese instead of Branson Reese. Brandon Reese also makes art.