Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

I'm not saying it's inaccurate, but it's egregiously missing the bizarre, proud confederate flag wavers, trump supporters living in a country unaffected by him, and the surplus of street beggars, while we all pat our backs about how 'great' our art culture is.

To put it simply, Edmonton deserves the Favorite Comics Thread.

Edit: Also, Mike Winters Sucks. Go read Bob the Angry Flower.

SomeJazzyRat has a new favorite as of 21:55 on Feb 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Len posted:

Atomic Robo owns and it's been awhile since I've read it but I don't remember much Musk praise? :psyduck:

Last that I read, there was a semi-unflatering portrayal of Richard Branson as a Billionaire Home Owners Association.

Also they treated 'Science Nerd' icon Carl Sagan as a vindictive bastard, and the titular character's intellectual arch enemy.

It'd be odd that their irreverence for every non-Nikola Tesla public figure wouldn't extend to tech douche, even before the pedo comments and self-implosion.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Sunswipe posted:

You cannot tell me this was created by a sane person.

I think... that dog is licking itself clean... so he can delay the start of his owner's sexual escapades.

It's a sad reflection of abuse really.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

You forgot the best part

https://twitter.com/g0m/status/982346067948716032

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Krankenstyle posted:

perhaps foxdad is translated from some language where ear-defenders is the normal word for earmuffs?

Actually I think they're those industrial ear protectors that are used on construction sites.

Doesn't change the fact that Foxdad is really mundanely odd.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
No, I read that one, it was neonomicon. I haven't read it in probably a decade and nor do I want to revisit it. Though if Providence is both less rapey and legitimately good, I might check it out.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Sestze posted:

Keep in mind, I think the main issue with MMO was that, when people posted it, it was entire depressing story arcs that would flood an entire goddamn page.

So it was an incredible volume of jizz and poo poo stained potheads discussing how they're being pieces of poo poo in the crustpunk scene in Portland, with maybe an actual funny comic in the middle.

I don't find it funny, that's an opinion. It's enthralling to the right people, I suppose?

WRONG

It was about the crustpunk scene in Australia.

Otherwise lol carry on

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Not that I'm speaking for them, but society certainly doesn't help with their mental well being. The fact that any trans-fellow are doing okay is probably a minor miracle.

Edit: I just realized we are talking about Goblins. While it might explain some bits, it certainly doesn't scapegoat the series' worst aspects.

SomeJazzyRat has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Jul 16, 2019

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Why is Gilbert Gottfried trying to kill me?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
"... And that's why Midnight in Paris is the perfect movie!"

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

The punchline is that it's funny

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I don't know why Mabel is in this crossover comic if they aren't going to make use anything from Gravity Falls.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

exactly, the 90s actually ran until September 30th, 2008, and concluded with the release of the album Nightmare Revisited, the most 90s compilation ever created.

Really? Plain White T's? All American Rejects? Polyphonic Spree? Rise Against? Those are some 2000's as gently caress bands right there. On your side there's Marilyn Manson, maybe Korn. But otherwise that is an album that distinctly belongs in the post-9/11/pre-'08 recession' era.

SomeJazzyRat has a new favorite as of 04:00 on Jan 3, 2020

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Well for one, he's white.

No further arguments.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

HPanda posted:

Six panels was enough.

You know what? I'll kink shame this.

I'll kink shame the hell out of you, cretin.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Kit Walker posted:

Some goons sometimes forget that it’s okay to like things

Listen here u fucker

Content:

SomeJazzyRat has a new favorite as of 00:36 on Feb 24, 2020

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
And I just want to point out that this comic was released on Tuesday, seemingly for no real purpose.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Hold on lemme get that good poo poo.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Easy.

Mainly because people took the premise, and made a 2-edgy-4-u story about a world where all of the sudden everything was made of dog (including, gasp, fruit!).

Because of that, it's the only one I can remember off hand, and thus my automatic favorite.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Could you link that to me? I'm working on a FP article with a similar presence and I don't want to step on toes.

Excuse the fact that it's from a creepypasta wiki, I'm pretty sure the original was from 4chan from like 15 years ago.

https://creepypasta.fandom.com/wiki/Dogscape

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I imagine that the Boomer readers are dropping like flies, but I can't help but imagine that there's still one horribly bitter soul, still reading Nancy because white hot fury is the only thing keeping him alive.

And to him, this comic will be completely incomprehensible, and it delights me.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

That's my size too! Which looks weird on a guy whose 4' 20" tall.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
drat, it even has naturally sugary hips, just like the perfect woman.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
This is 100% the most compelling story I have ever read. Get the gently caress out of here War and Peace, Gamer Dilbert is where it's at.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Now I'm just remembering being way too young to watch the Music Video for "Don't Come Around Here No More", and being mortified when Alice is suddenly a cake (though with a human head) being sliced and served to everyone.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
gently caress, Venture Bros and now this in the same day? Fuckin 2020.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
To be fair, he's been working with K.C. Green on a long, serialized comic for the past few years. Probably has taken up most of his time.

Unfortunately not too many stand alone pages to share, here's a truncated sampler platter of a few pages from it. Please don't make fun of me by saying it's worse than achewood.

(Btw, it's called Back, and it's not about the king. He's the bad guy. It's about a cowgirl who may or may not cause the apocalypse.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Oh god, the least I could do guy. The most memorable strip he ever did, to me, was in his spinoff comic about commenting on Comic Books. Specifically, the one he did about pissing on the legacy of Jack Kirby, specifically using the characters he created.

If you need a reason to be pissed off about this, Jack Kirby was the son of Austrian-Jewish immigrants, a WWII veteran, and a dude who loved punching Nazis. Before he was drafted, he drew Captain America punching Hitler. And when the publisher was confronted by some American Nazis, he was the one to go meet them down in the lobby just so he could punch them himself. It's not confirmed if he ever did, but everyone agreed, he hated the fuckers and loved telling war stories where he killed 4 Nazis. He practically invented and drew all of the Billion Dollar characters Marvel has, and did it while drawing about 15-20 books a month. Never felt he got his fair share compared the notoriety and money Stan Lee got, while also never having a say or control in the work that he invented, and he's commonly used as an icon for those who fight in favor of creator's rights. And when he quit Marvel to work for DC in his mid 50's, just as Hippies were a common cultural target, he dedicated his work to psychedelic, cosmic level comics that argued that the next generation who were rebelling to make a better world were valid and righteous. Feelings about what hippies actually stood for, and what they became and did aside, it's super cool that a guy in the tail-end of his career was still so open minded and forward thinking, rather becoming a regressive reactionary.

Point being, Jack Kirby was a cool as hell, righteous dude that was always on the right side of history. He rightfully felt he never got his fair share, and his story was used to create better circumstances to the people that followed in his shadow. But, y'know, gently caress him, he signed a contract, he knew what he was in for.

Anyways, asshat also had the gaul to ask his fans to request Marvel to have him write some comics, after Christopher Hastings (Dr. McNinja) and Ryan North (Dinosaur Comics) were hired to do so. It went so far as a fan asking at a comi-con panel of Marvel execs why he hadn't been hired yet, and the only response was "Who?"

He did eventually write comics for an indie publisher, whose most notorious legacy was crashing and burning after it was revealed that they were super chud-y.