Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Mierenneuker posted:

I am glad that it's just comics now, instead of funny comics. The thread needed that bit of transparency.

I'm disabled. That's downright inspiring tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Selklubber posted:

Yeah, and in Nazi Germany you could have won the race to the showers! :haw:

I'm disabled, remember? I'm sure there are much faster minorities than me!

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS MESSAGE

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Not going to lie, this is the funniest MMO posted so far.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The Winnie the Pooh newspaper strips are amazingly misanthropic. It's great.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

starkebn posted:

apart from the font, I liked it

Seriously, I gave myself a headache just straining to read those four panels posted.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Lasagna Cat is a treasure

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

How many of these faces are from sex scenes?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

I thought the gay agenda was some kind of pink registry of grindr hookups?

No no, that's the gay directory.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Now where could my pipe be?

RONNIE!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I recently found on aliexpress that one shock game WWJ sticks up his rear end at the party. I was surprised it was real.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Paladinus posted:

This is good!

devil-ducklops would make good avatar material for someone

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I really want to hate when Foxdad gets posted, but more often than not the strips itt feature characters that are embarrassed and enraged by the furry culture, and that level of self awareness that they are, indeed, terrible miscreants softens my views to mere unhappy tolerance.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

ashnjack posted:

Battle Cats fan fiction? How do you make a story out of weird cats walking right?

seriously. The only story is "cats are taking over the world!" Then it becomes a standard 2D tower defense/offense game to play while taking a dump. And that's it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Anime is bad. Blood.

ftfy

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Randaconda posted:

don't doxx me

In the comic it's big enough to be visible.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Lol at the sailor who doesn't know anything about bird law.

https://youtu.be/mHzegeEKux8

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Why list BDSM and masochism?

He could have been a sadist instead?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Now explain the other cartoon where there's a slice of pie on the road, a tiny UFO hovering over the cop motorcycle and there's a giant pink rabbit driving a car (and doing a road rage???)

Edit: And then explain the link between the two cartoons with the car in the second one being a K2 model and the car in the first one having a K2 licence plate

The author likes to throw in these things in all his strips (You can see the alien up by the word balloon in the second comic). I'm surprised there's no pie in the second one, and no lit dynamite in either.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

According to the author's own website (Warning: Lolrandommonkeycheese within) there are apparently thirteen possible symbols he hides in his strips. Also, if you look just above his signature, there will be a number, this is how many of his regular symbols appear in that particular strip.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Rolo posted:

In the cop comic: eyeball headlight, alien to the right, pie under car, k2 and weird thing driving car in background I guess?

The weird thing is a pink bunny, and yes.

Besides pictures of Olive Oyl, and "O2", he seems to make a lot of references to her as well throughout without counting them as symbols. Reading the webpage, I think he does it as a nod to his wife (casting himself as Popeye I suppose). K2 apparently stands for his daughters, both of whom have "K" names :3:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I have new ghost goals post-mortem.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

BJPaskoff posted:

It's an okay joke, probably funnier if you're a gamer who has a kid that's going to school and old enough to play games with you, which is definitely a tiny demographic. I do like that they stopped doing the drunk red noses though! It makes the art much more bearable to look at.

I fit that demographic, and meh, it's still pretty so-so.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

My son and I are both huge Godzilla fans, and always have been, it's one of our big bonding subjects. Every father's day I have at least 3 friends post this comic on my wall, and I love it every time. :kimchi:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

I must admit I don't like MM&A. I think it is for the same reason I can't get into things like Peep Show. Just everyone is such a poo poo I have difficulty even laughing about it.

For me, it's like I only have so much of that kind of media I can ever take in one sitting before I just get too thoroughly disgusted by the repetition that I'm supposed to dislike everyone. Rick & Morty is like that too, where the narcissistic nihilism gets on my nerves after a while.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

starkebn posted:

Is newspaper Spiderman as good as the engineer in the transporter room one?

There's a whole thread in BSS devoted to it and I swear it's the best thing on this dead gay forum.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Horace posted:

Despite mountains of evidence to the contrary I still cling to the belief foxdad is ironic.

Beachcomber posted:

I read through the whole thing and it seems to be clearly poking fun at furries.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but it's very weird the tone it takes whenever I see it posted here. Like, on the one hand, it seems to be very intimately inside the furry subculture, at the same time it seems to harbor no illusions against literally every thing that's wrong and terrible with that same culture. Like, I don't think I've ever seen anything else from furry fandom that self-aware.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Agent355 posted:

My favorite is the college age furry dad being in a sparkledog outfit. 'oh those crazy college days'.

to add to that, I love the ridiculous fake abs on the sparkledog outfit when it shows up.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

:biotruths:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Scaramouche posted:

I've actually never seen an entire episode of the show, just picked up bits of it osmotically. I tried watching the last episode but kind of gave up on it, thinking "these people are jerks and I have no real interest in their doings". I have the same problem with that sunny Philadelphia show so it might be on me.

As for my quoted hot take, I was being hyperbolic for comedic reasons ;) I really don't like anything he's done but acknowledge lots of other people do.

Yeah I find shows where the whole cast are terrible people funny, but at the same time extremely quick to wear out their welcome.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

sitcoms kind of need the stars to be terrible people though, otherwise the need for episodal conflict will make them the target of a cruel universe and people dont like that

theres a handful of good ones, but theyre rare

top 3 in no specific order
- arrested development
- seinfeld + curb your enthusiasm
- its always sunny in philadelphia

Rick and Morty is somewhere in there too, at least when it's not using its time to preach to the viewer about nihilism. Which it does a lot.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Simon Hanselmann started drawing comics way back in the pre-internet days and I get the impression that he's a dyed-in-the-wool small press publisher who is way more invested in "zine culture" than establishing an online fanbase. Also the whole endeavour really feels more like a form of psychological catharsis rather than a business model.

Well let's hope then that he doesn't discover this thread full of goons talking poo poo about his zine comic, as he's already shown what he's willing to do in those circumstances...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

more like old bukakeless

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Pastry of the Year posted:

the guy in the wheelchair is IRONSIDE

Oh crap, I just realized the title is a handicapped joke. (his "sides" are iron, ie the metal on the wheelchair)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Randaconda posted:

Sick burn on Owl.

Honestly, I think this is the best MMO strip.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Answering the door with "Speak." kinda tells you right off what kinda person is behind this strip.

I did get a sensible chuckle out of sending the baby off in a balloon though.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Phanatic posted:

A mailbox is mounted on a post. An art deco mailbox is post modern architecture. You see.

:golfclap:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

...has the artist ever seen a cat?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Len posted:

Americanhealthcare.jpg?

can confirm.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The Wurst Poster posted:

Does he have a boner in that last panel?

Compared to the original, I can safely say yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I've known of this strip for years and had no idea the red button panel was even a thing.