Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Hot Fries are actually pretty grand. When I was in Kindergarten, sometimes my mom would give me a quarter so I could get a little bag of them with my lunch and some days that was the only happy thing that happened.

That’s how I know they’re great. I liked them when I was five.

The other ones flavors aren't too great but those hot fries are pretty addicting, they're terrible in every way but its a comfort food and theyre cheaper than flaming hot cheetos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Is it still super misogynistic? Because that's all I remember from it and why I never could get into it.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

BioEnchanted posted:

I like to think the hunter-king Nimrod would find humour in the fact that a talking rabbit using his name sarcastically has resulted in it becoming shorthand for incompetent buffoon.

I read tons of comics growing up and I never realized there was a biblical Nimrod, so the X-Men villain was unintentionally hilarious to me.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Did he pay for the drink with his bowtie?

He did say he hosed up

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Kit Walker posted:

I don't think anyone who hasn't worked in retail or food service should have an opinion on those jobs. They're often absolutely miserable experiences, especially if your boss is one of those "the customer is always right" types, which they usually are

One of the many jobs I've had in the past was delivery driver and the best day of that job was when the frycook walked out and I just took over his job. It was way hotter and I didn't get to sit down anymore but never having to deal with poo poo customers again made it a straight upgrade.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Tetracube posted:

anyway it's getting four (4) sequels for some reason only god knows

It made over 2.7 billion dollars so they're hoping each sequel also makes that much.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Big Grunty Secret posted:

A 70% tax rate?

A 90% estate tax, retroactively applicable to when his parents died.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Slippery posted:

Good call. Would explain a lot...

For one thing I want one of those shirts, and for another that's a pretty lame sharpshooter if he can't even get a headshot

Charles Guiteau didn't even need a rifle to kill a president, but the comic book failassassin needed a scope when he was close enough that a regular person could see him. Sad!

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Beachcomber posted:

Can you explain the one with sharpening the giant screw or the one with the tattered umbrellas? I think I get the heart collage but I'm not sure.

The caption for the umbrella one translates to "Growing up", and the screw caption translates to "healing myself", so the former is just a visual representation of what it feels like growing up and the latter is hopeful as far as I can tell. Heart collage caption says "help", as in people helping out.

If anyone cares I can translate all of them later but I'm about to go to sleep now.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

lofi posted:

It's often harder for the mummy.

I hate you so much right now

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
The French invested in guillotines and they mostly ended up being used on common people in the departments, Robespierre's attempts to build a republic of virtue in Paris notwithstanding. IMO we should invest in politicians who will conduct real change.

Like Robespierre :thermidor:

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

None of the kids in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory died. They just all got horribly disfigured, except Veruca who just got a bit dirty.

Now Great Glass Elevator, tons of people died in that one.

Is that the one where almost an entire space station is eaten by aliens? Its been ages since I read a Dahl book but man, some of the went places.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Nothing else has even 10% the cultural cachet. Even the other stuff thats been around about as long have nowhere near the overall penetration.

Grandmas have heard of DnD, even if its only from Sheldon on BBT. Even most nerds probably arent familiar with L5R or dungeon world or HERO system.

Shut up, one day I will find someone else who actually played Wraith: The Oblivion!

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Scaramouche posted:

There's a paranoia crpg that just launched yesterday on epic Games store if anyone wants to experience that old school friend computer atmosphere.

Make sure to have fun, not having fun is treason.

Treason is punishable by death.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Kennel posted:

Just play FATAL, you cowards.

Fatal isn't even the worst one I've played outside of how offensive it is. There's a weird Russian RPG I tried that involved specific rules for exactly how and where to roll your dice, and explicitly banned you from doing anything not written in the rules. And the rules only let you buy a thing in a town (only one though), fight (in specific areas and specific times) and travel (across a 100% randomly generated world with no landmarks or way to go to a specific location).

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

Dare we peek inside?

Go back in time and prevent RPGs from ever being invented.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

thehoodie posted:

These are great, are there more?

About 2 live action shows, 2 animated shows, 2 TV specials, 3 movies and a few decades worth of comics written for the New Yorker.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

4 movies. :ssh:

Anyone see the recent CGI film? It apparently did well so there's a sequel in the works.

It was OK? I saw it and had fun, I liked the animation style being very close to the original panels but yeah, I miss hot Gomez.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

How can you be both am archduke and an emperor???

Ain't no rule that says you can have only one title, Europeans used to collect titles the way I collected Pokemon cards.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

The very first contacts were made of glass and their inventor could only wear them for about half an hour after putting drops of liquid cocaine in his eyeballs.

If part of the process of wearing contacts involved literally eyeballing coke you bet your loving rear end I'd never take the contacts out. Who cares about the pain when you're soaring higher than a spy satellite.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Though the movies took the different tack of just making him really sexy.

I feel no shame admitting that's why I watched the live action movie.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, that Hades was a real stand-up guy.

By ancient Athenian standards he really is a stand up guy, Zeus would have turned into a goose or something and then done unspeakable things and Hera would have turned her into a spider for a perceived insult.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Groke posted:

Pretty sure the first penis drawing was made on some cave wall about 20 minutes after the invention of representative art as a concept. It's what we do.

Please there's no way that's true.

A penis is probably the first thing mankind drew and is what allowed man to realize you could have a drawing that also represented something in the real world. Dick pics are our eternal heritage.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Knormal posted:

Does the Sea Monk count? Although it's not recorded if anyone tried to gently caress that.

If it exists someone either tried to gently caress it or drew themselves loving it, no exceptions.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

If only we had superior Asian genetics :smith:

As someone who is Asian, marmite and Vegemite taste like loving rear end and people should stop defending it because that isn't how umami flavor should taste.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

:chloe:

Can we cancel the internet already?

It's currently too cringe to cancel, sorry. Should have made more effort to kill it back during the early 2000s.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Also instead of a photographer, his day job is being a motorcycle daredevil/stunt man.

Also at one point he just shoots a bunch of bad guys with a submachine gun.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Byzantine posted:

...did they mix him up with Ghost Rider?

I mean, I could also see Nicholas Cage as this version of Spider-Man.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

My grandpa was hilariously into Wishbone even if he refused to admit it. When it came on he'd grumble about having to watch a kids show, then sit absolutely entranced for the entire time. According to my grandma he did this even when I wasn't there to provide a convenient excuse to watch it.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

What's that? A wittle baby can't handle a longer comic for real men? Thought so. Drink your milk, kid.

But I'm lactose intolerant, drinking milk makes me fart uncontrollably

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

And that worked out great for you, didn't it? :newlol:

e: Also we won.

That's not what the Koreans say, you should have a hyper war to clear this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Back in the day you could say anything in your comic ads, it's what makes old comics amazing to look through.