Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

He snuck "sugartits" into a comic about Mel Gibson way back when. He should know he was playing with fire, and newspapers are pussies terrified of offending their remaining customers(old fucks).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

white internet nerds doing black voice (edit: appropriating African-American Vernacular English) should be treated the same as senators doing blackface. i will not be responding to questions on this opinion. peace out y'all.

Sir, you forgot your straw.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Guess I'll post a comic.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

This is somehow offensive to all five senses.

I licked my phone and you're right. Not a fan.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Yeeeaaahhh. Billionaires have spent 50 years welding the rudder in place. This ship ain't turning. Practice birth control or start teaching your kids how to rebuild engines so Joe treats 'em good.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Johnny Aztec posted:

Aw shucks. I guess they billionaires really got one over on us. Guess we'll just suffer and die, since it's obvious we can't do anything about it!

This, but unironically. The plague is here. The smartest people in the world are telling us it's the rats. There's a tariff on rat poison, subsidies on rat food, and all reasonable restrictions on rat breeders are being dismantled. A large percentage of the population spend the day rubbing their faces in a pile of rats, and tossing them over the fence at their anti-plague carrying rat neighbors. They do this because a massive movement of political, industrial, and media actors have whipped them into a tribal fury and convinced them that licking rats is how they piss off the other tribe and win, and then they can rely on being impoverished, disease ridden rat farmers like their grand-daddies were, and bah gawd that's honest work! Also, a black guy said rats are bad.

Your only legal defense against the tide of rat feces lapping at your doorstep is a political apparatus that has been doggedly turned against you over decades, and the only remedy for that broken system is a judicial body that is being further stacked against you you by the day, or an armed rebellion that will never happen as long as the cable and WiFi still work.

In the meantime, the smart people from the first paragraph pipe up on occasion to let you know this out of control rat population is moving their estimate for the tipping point of an unstoppable global pandemic up by a matter years.

Every two years you get a chance to maybe make the rat boom slow down a teensy bit, but sooner or later the rat bubble is going to burst and destroy the economy. Too bad them heathens in the ratfucker tribe are mostly cops and active/ex-military and buy 10 guns to your one. If they're lucky, your kids can spend their prime years as concubines and slave labor before everyone collapses into puddles of their own internal organs.

LoL and aw shucks, right? If we had another hundred years maybe humanity turns it around, but not on our timeline. Inertia's a bitch.

Gimme the large Frosty. gently caress knows I don't want to live forever.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Push El Burrito posted:

Tell me more... about Rat World.

It's just like the 14th century, only there's 21st-century knowledge and technology and it still won't stop a preventable disaster from wiping out half of humanity.

Ariong posted:

When you realized that you needed to head off “sir, this is a Wendy’s” at the pass, that should have been your clue that this was a bad idea.

I denied you your stock goon response. I will turn off my monitor as an apology.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
ITT we're a bunch of nerds pretending we lived a Buchowski novel before we surrendered to the siren song of IT middle management.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Yup. Misspelled a thing. Thanks, dude. I almost googled it, but no I didn't.

I wish I was a boring IT middle manager. Way less stress than being a broke-brained retail manager. Can I still get a fastpass for Mr. Kalashnikov's Wild Ride? I'm totally bourgie. My second-hand Accord has leather seats.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

The Bloop posted:

gently caress this poo poo, even with good intentions, which is questionable for Pirraro

Said about the guy who got dropped from a bunch of papers for scribbling "Go gently caress yourself, Trump" in one of his comics? The dude is like Doonesbury subtle about hating him.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Hirayuki posted:

Nah, that was Wiley Miller with Non Sequitur.

eta: Although Dan Piraro seems pretty left-leaning, to say the least: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Piraro

gently caress. My newspaper comic cred is ruined.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

hockey jockey posted:

I'm the faint but unmistakable yellow stain spreading down from the pregnant woman's butthole.

Yes, I do realise it's poor form to sign my posts.

I kept scrolling, surprised that someone hadn't said this yet. I think it's an attempt at a shadow because it can only be that or a shart stain.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

sort of horrifying that that's a universally-recognized sign of intelligence

Humans are little more than anxious monkeys.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

If you're going to invoke Seuss, don't mangle the meter ffs.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Wendell posted:

I googled Andrew Dobson just now and found he has a patreon with 15 backers. I also found sites dedicated to hating him. I think directing that much time and loathing to someone so small-time is incredibly sad.

The group of Chris-chan haters became so big it spawned a dating site.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Made me think: how many folks out there have just been on antidepressants since puberty? Prozac definitely made me feel like an asexual for about three months.

"I'm so glad we found each other. This Lexapro shuts my dick off like a light switch."

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

edit: also looks like an excellent time to repost this bad boy

:nws: https://imgur.com/a/uZUME

Clicked. Saw first panel. Said "No No NO!" aloud. Closed tab.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The fun part of that comic is that there's a large number of things it could apply to, and counting.

Though I think Ronnie is specifically not a brony. Which doesn't necessarily make it much better.

Knowing his character, he's definitely talking about Pretty Derby.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Yoshi Wins posted:

A friend of mine had to do physical therapy for an injury, and his appointments were always scheduled at the same time as a flat-earther who would spend the entire time preaching flat-eartherism to the entire room. You don’t need that in your life when you already can’t walk right.

Your friend didn't let him know TBI therapy was one floor up?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I bet every one of you Oglaf haters is a terrible gently caress.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Who says Death is a guy? Certainly not Marvel.

Marvel would put tits on MODOK if it shifted units.

please God leave me in blissful ignorance if you're about to show me that exact thing.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Skwirl posted:

They're all terrible because the gif was already funny and the worst thing you can do to something that's funny is try and explain the joke.

Why is explaining a joke like dissecting a frog?

Nobody laughs and the frog dies.

They're just using the gifs as writing prompts, you humorless dink.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Turns out it was slurping Mountain Dew out of a Yeti.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

*Pikachu learned KILLSTEAL

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

By popular demand posted:

:siren:DO NOT ANSWER THAT QUESTION:siren:

Are you lost, little boy? This is the explaining away all humor in comics thread.

P.S. I thought it was a cuck thing at first, but the smooch sounds in panel four suggest Dad's gaying it up with Chad there. They make a cute couple.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Expecting someone to click through to Twitter and then deal with their awful image formatting is a form of violence.

Also LOL at the newspaper comic goons still being a bunch of catty dweebs.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

The rear end that rage built.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Scottish people exist outside of Glasgow.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

CPColin posted:

gently caress naps. I always wake up all disoriented and poo poo and my contacts are stuck to my corneas.

If you get yanked out of that first REM cycle, yeah, it pretty much ruins the rest of your day.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

By popular demand posted:

As the bastard child of Judaism, Christianity has definitely inherited that whole 'overanalise every single detail of minutia regarding your scriptures '

You make us proud:kiddo:

More like "We gotta make up some bullshit about this symbol from the pagan fertility celebration we hijacked!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Skwirl posted:

Jane Goodall wrote an introduction for a collection that includes a comic implying she hosed a gorilla.

In Pre-History of The Far Side, Larson recounts getting an angry letter from her people over that comic, then he met her in person, expecting to get an earful, and she was all, "What? That poo poo's hilarious!"