Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

whiteyfats posted:

I think Megg, Mogg and Owl is funny. :smith: Am I dumb? :smithicide:

No, sometimes it tells a joke but much like WHOMP! the punchline is crippling depression and self-loathing. The big difference is Ronnie actually has some form of talent and Owl is just a reprehensible jerk with multiple addictions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Das Boo posted:

MMO is infuriating because I know people like that.
You should post more so I can mad read and be mad.

It's like a train wreck really. Can't just look away. It also hits way too close to home as I'm from a place that and grew up around people like that.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

HPanda posted:

It's called Second Life.

No, Megg, Mogg, and Owl doesn't have anywhere near enough, or variety in, its dicks to be Second Life.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

I think "perplexingly awful sex" might be my new favorite phrase.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

You know in your heart which it is.

Both obviously.

So what was it that Werewolf Jones did that made everybody finally hate him?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

whiteyfats posted:

Holy poo poo, Marmaduke used to be basically Cujo, apparently. :staredog:

Yeah originally Marmaduke wasn't a lovable goof of a family dog in a bland comic for old people.

He was a horrible bastard of a dog in a bland comic for old people.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Is this what crazy conspiracy people refer to when they speak about "the homosexual agenda" ?

The assumption is that the two dudes will force the kid to be gay when growing up. The crazies also assume that every gay person is a pedophile as well pretty much by default so you'd have lots of people reading that assuming that they aren't just a couple gay guys involved in raising a kid but a couple of gay guys abusing said kid and forcing them to be gay. That's the homosexual agenda they scream about.

There are people who seriously believe that gayness is caused by the devil so every awful thing you can imagine is attached to gayness in some way or another. These are the same people that believe that God hates the gays so obviously America's problems right now exist because we're becoming increasingly tolerant and less homophobic. Any time something bad happens it's God punishing us for falling further to the influences of Satan because the devil is the only possible reason that gay people exist, right? Thus they believe that the homosexual agenda is actually Satan's agenda so we have to get rid of homosexuality for our own good.

But if you actually talk to a gay person the "homosexual agenda" is best summed up as "hey we'd like to be treated like people and not be hated for being gay, tia." Personally I'd say that's pretty reasonable. I was expecting that to turn out to be some awful homophobic thing too but by the end was all like :3:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I dunno what the situation is like where you live, I live in Israel and I vaguely remember some awfully stupid stuff on a noticeboard claim that the gay agenda is to somehow waste citizen tax money.

I'm from rural Pennsylvania. I got told some unbelievably dreadful things growing up. Incidentally that's part of why I both left that area and avoid going back and quit being Christian as a teenager.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Len posted:

DON'T POST FAR SIDE!

Still don't understand why Goons took that to heart.

Because instead of going on a horrible meltdown over it Gary Larson asked nicely for people to stop because it made him unhappy. He said "yeah well I can't really stop you but I don't like it so it'd make me happy if you stop, tia."

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Come on guys, this is getting unbearable.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

MichiganCubbie posted:

Bear is coming? How can this be??

When a daddy bear and a mommy bear love each other very much...

they gently caress.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Das Boo posted:

Holy poo poo, that's actually published by Marvel? I didn't even question it being animu webcomic #4332.

The guy that did Dr. McNinja also works on it. The main thing is that gwenpool isn't from a comic book but read them in the universe she's from. Now she's in a comic and uses her knowledge of their workings to her advantage. She isn't super at all but knows so much about comics she just owns every situation. Like Deadpool she's aware that she's a character in a comic. I haven't read a lot of it but like Dr McNinja it seems to delight in knowing what it is while light heartedly making fun of its own genre.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Anime is wood.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Rangpur posted:

We derail the thread arguing about Dickwolves for the next 3 pages.

Only three pages?

drat guys, we're slipping in our old age.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

starkebn posted:

it's mostly Mogg who sucks rear end, though I think Werewolf Jones does it sometimes too right?

Beyond "be a decent person in any way at all" what is there that Werewolf Jones didn't do at some point? I mean he took a cheese grater to his dick just to prove he would. All bets are off at that point.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

starkebn posted:

atoms don't touch

No wonder they're so unhappy.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

I have a vague memory of WWJ drunkenly rolling into a space heater and burning to death. Was that a different character?

He didn't burn to death. He just got sad about herpes and everybody hating him for spreading it, went to sleep on the floor, and his rear end caught fire. Didn't kill him.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Beachcomber posted:

The face expression in the last (second last?) panel seems really familiar, but I can't place it.

Edit: the Phoenix Wright one

Somebody here had it as an avatar for a while. Or maybe still has it?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Guys I'm talking about the suspension bridge I legit can't wrap my head around how they work.

Magic.

That's how. Magic.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I think "shitpurse" might be my new favorite word.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

If you want to get really scared for this country, most Americans don't even USE checkbooks anymore.

Why would we? Electronic banking eliminated the need to reconcile your records with the bank. Log in to the bank site, make sure no erroneous transactions are there, and if you're feeling ambitious check the math. With fancy things like phone apps you can just check your balance any time you want instead of having to track that on paper.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

morallyobjected posted:

my apartment complex lets me pay rent online but I still walk the check over every month because there's like a 2% charge if you pay it online and that is not worth the lack of a two-minute walk

My complex just recently allowed pay by card. It is of course more expensive so of course I just leave a check in the office's mail slot every month.

That and my electric bill are the only checks I write, ever. It seriously feels like some companies are stuck in the stone age for whatever reason. Literally everything else I can use a debit card for. The only reason I carry cash at all is because I like to have $20 to $50 on hand in case I need gas or something and my card doesn't work.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

There were butt that pooped. And butt into slippery poop tiles when butt. And butt could get your brain butt into one of these poop bots, against your will, so that you butt then in control of a useless pooping butt bot

butt butt butt butt butt honk butt butt butt honk butt honk

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

That is disgustingly funny.
:barf::roflolmao:

It's funny the first time but quits being funny pretty quickly. It also got in the way of literally anything else happening because you'd seriously have a half dozen or more people every...single...game...that actively disrupted everything else going on with poo poo-related shenanigans.

That being said the robutticists is one of the funniest drat things to ever happen.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Krinkle posted:

Okay so women want puppies no matter what that's the take away I'm getting

Everybody likes puppies.

People who don't like puppies are wrong and bad. I'll make an exception for allergies but that's it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

marshmallow creep posted:

My friend, may I introduce you to the works of Hugo Award nominated author Chuck Tingle?

Chuck Tingle's next release: Fisted In The Butt By The Truck That Delivered My Copy Of This Book.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Do remember that this is the internet.

There is always more.

It is always worse.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Mind-reading is probably the most deeply overrated superpower. I mean hell, 90% of the time you'd be hearing poorly remembered disjointed loops of songs.

I also imagine you'd end up learning about a whole pile of horrifying fetishes you'd rather never have known existed.

...or learning about them then participating if that's your thing. I won't judge.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
What's wrong with you people? That very, very clearly is pronounced David Mitchell.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I read it mostly as "in case you forgot celebrities are people too and are just as hosed up as the rest of us."

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Then you have people who say they're pansexual. They don't discriminate. They're totally equal and are sexually attracted to everybody!

I take it one step further; I'm omnisexual. I am have sex with everybody and everything all the time. Equality!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Zil posted:

This was done in highschool too.

I'm reasonably certain that's just something people do to each other and have always done to each other.

...we're more like dogs than we think.

OR ARE THE DOGS LIKE US?!? :tinfoil:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It's rampant consumerism for its own sake which Huxley took issue with. There are people so utterly consumed with their favorite collectibles that they ignore what is going on in the world and even shirk some or all of their responsibilities. There isn't any need to censor anything to them because they aren't even paying attention in the first place.

Huxley was worried that all of society would get to that point. Consume, collect, and distract yourself from the real world because reality sucks. Those with power wouldn't need to worry about being tyrants as nobody would even look at what they were up to.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Comptroll The Forums posted:

This, but I'm actually referring to 1984.

Is there a dystopian novel that preaches about the dangers of popular dystopian novels being used by morons to draw meaningless and shallow parallels to real life events so they can feel smug satisfaction at being "woke" despite not having actually read the popular dystopian novels since highschool? Because that would be my poo poo

It's called real life.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Schlock got very good eventually even though the oldest stuff is of...questionable quality. Even the it was at least frequently funny.

Sluggy, well...I read a pile of it one day when bored. It amazes me that not only is it still completely awful but it never improved. Ever. It's what, like 20 years old?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
After reading most of it here I bought a hard copy of Ant Colony. You can get it on Amazon for not a lot of money.

I don't regret buying it but came out the other end...different...somehow.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Samovar posted:

Evidently those two are members of the Georgian Orthodox Church.

You mean they take you on rad water slides starting from birth?

Excuse me, I think I have a new religion.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Isn't kinda the thing with prostitution is that abolishing it historically doesn't do poo poo for actually stopping it?

Sex work in general is one of those things that will never, ever go away. One of the snags with it is that it tends to be pretty tightly tied to exploitation and human trafficking which are...bad things.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Basically any issue where self-proclaimed feminists actually agree with the religious right probably isn't actually feminist.

Sex work is a very complex issue overall because sex is just freaking complicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Heath posted:

Alligators wouldn't read books, they would use a complex system of bite marks in fallen logs to record knowledge

They'd figure out some way to encode knowledge that would let you learn by eating it.