Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

https://twitter.com/s_k_hanselmann/status/946859333572116480

hell yeah new MMO coming, in a POST OWL timeline.

guess when he got out he stayed out.

Owl gone, WWJ alive? this timeline makes no sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Please don’t doxx me.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Just the other day my mom called the PSVR (which she loves) the “Sega 3D”, so this is extra funny to me. :allears:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Heathcliff is a lot weirder than I remember it being.

Artist’s kid took over and decided being completely insane but maintaining the style was the best way to freshen things up. (He was right!)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Man that reminds me of the James Herriot series of books, which are almost entirely about sticking hands in the orifices of farm animals while looking at the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.

Bit of an aside but it also has a fantastic series of audiobook adaptations. Not usually my thing but they have a radio play kind of quality to it and it’s a great listen: https://soundcloud.com/macaudio-2/all-creatures-great-and-small-by-james-herriot-chapter-1

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

yes, and i pay them, like the garbage taking whores they are

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

"Oh this? It's just ice cream."

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Way to gently caress up making a gravity bong, the easiest thing in the world to make. That thing's gonna have like half an inch of pull before you hit the waterline. :colbert:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Karate Bastard posted:

I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now.

Thank god, I’m not the only one who thought that.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Paladinus posted:

What the gently caress

It wasn't even his character, was it? I vaguely recall that being a knockoff of some horrific but frequently recommended anime.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Jim Davis is a really funny guy and a great writer, he's just indescribably lazy most of the time.

And poo poo, good for him!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Skin tone's a bit off for Clapton, but I'll allow it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RFC2324 posted:

You can buy tubs of whipped cream. Not just the canned poo poo, which doesn't even pretend to be real whipped cream

Like, 95% of the time the “canned poo poo” is just heavy cream and an accelerant though.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Left Right Center by Hapajap, and gently caress both of you for reminding me that I have brain cells wasted for remembering that. :smith:

e: gaaaah and electronic tigers, nooooo

Dewgy has a new favorite as of 16:25 on Jul 8, 2019

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Who What Now posted:

The author was named Hapajap, I know that. He also compared evolution to YuGiOh cards, and was a all-around piece of poo poo bigot.

Isn't he also distinctly not Japanese looking, like at all? I vaguely remember hearing that somewhere.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Who What Now posted:

I'm not comfortable trying to determine his exact blood quantum and prefer to dunk on him for being a shithead conservative

normally i'd agree but he's a shithead conservative who draws himself as looking like this

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh cool, for some reason I thought she quit a while back. Yeah, some are great and the worse ones are usually more just "meh" than anything outright bad.

I love this if just because I can hear their voices in my head. :allears:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Selklubber posted:

Wasn't it Mogg's rear end in a top hat?

It's a sweet tasty treat!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It's Clayface disguised as his mother

The perfect ruse

:qq: my mother's name was clayface too :qq:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Wow, Dobson really is an unrelatable sad sac--

quote:

Aw, gently caress. Doxxed. :saddowns:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Grendels Dad posted:

I guess the joke is that there aren't two more panels with the kids going "???????" and "?".

The first joke is it's really sweet.

The second joke is: https://berserk.fandom.com/wiki/Beherit

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Hit the “next” button, it’s a two parter.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
QC isn’t entirely dreadful on its own merits but it definitely hits the “wait, this makes how much money a month on Patreon!?” nerve pretty hard, which gets it a lot of negative attention.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

wow i had no idea there was a new silent hill coming out too

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I can think of at least three, and one of them is Oh Baby!, which is probably wrong but gently caress you for making me think of it while trying to guess.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
fooft!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Zzulu posted:

Why would you ever want to be in touch with youth culture? It's the shittiest tier of culture

Youth culture killed my dog. :smith:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I can't seem to find it anywhere but what was the series of Viz/other off-kilter British comics about the chav and his dug?

I just got a puppy and I keep calling her "wee dug" and "wee manky dug" and I'd like to have that saved for future use, tia :3:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This is a page back but nobody told you it was Cheeky Wee Junkie and I wanted to help

Yes! Thank you! :neckbeard:

I totally thought this was a Viz comic, no wonder I couldn't find it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Randaconda posted:

why does the pc have bomb rear end titties

I hate that I know this, but it's a pretty common trope for anime lady representations of OSes and hardware have their boobs be representative of how much RAM they have.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Because she's a *-tan. The honkerinos on the various -tans that represent electronics (consoles, etc) or software or whatever are meant to represent some capability of some sort. I'm assuming PC's huge magonagahoogs are supposed to represent graphical capability, or RAM, or something. You can see it in the OS-tans too:

the more you know~*

e: beaten while I was coming up with fun names for boobs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fJ4WlCVhyk

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Trap, loving, sprung goddamn!

I know way too much internet poo poo, I know. :v:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Slimy Hog posted:

What's a `90's` kid anyway?

Only 90s kids know for sure.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Can't say I was a huge fan of this one, but apart from that I'm really enjoying this series so far

It’s a pretty direct spoof of how Adams decided Asok was gay:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
:eyepoop:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Letmebefrank posted:

Clearly some people are just thick, so someone needs to explain this.. :smuggo:

Voittaa = To win
Voita = (you) win (verb)

Näyttää = to show (verb)
Näyttävä = showy, flashy, imposing, i.e. nice looking (noun)

Kiuas = sauna stove

Voita näyttävä kiuas = Win a nice looking sauna stove!

OTO:

Voi = Butter
Voita = partitive of voi (i.e. a part of butter (bar) ) (noun)

Näyttää = to show (verb)
Näyttävä = 3rd person presens for "näyttää" - i.e. he shows

Kiuas = sauna stove

Voita näyttävä kiuas = Sauna stove showing a bar of butter

---

The play comes from a) dual meaning of "näyttävä" and "voita" depending on are they nouns/verbs and b) the free word order in Finnish.

The Swedish part is just for added confusion, as Finland is actually dual language country and all packaging must have Swedish labels (as well as Finnish). Usually much smaller though, unless the brand is Swedish (then the Finnish is the small print).

HTH

I got like halfway through figuring this out on Google Translate but it really had a hard time with it. How the gently caress do Finns get anything done with this language???

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CAROL posted:

I forget, is qc the comic that turned extremely transphobic or was that some other thing

You’re thinking Sinfest. QC is feelgood low tension soap opera drama for every flavor of sexuality, whether it’s gay, straight, trans, or people who want to gently caress robots.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Jeph Jacques makes a pretty solid amount of Patreon bucks (over 11k patrons at a minumum of a buck a month right now) for making the webcomic equal to instant coffee, so people tend to get pretty salty about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Arrhythmia posted:

Cyanide and Happiness has taken an odd turn.

Cyanide and Crappiness