Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Comptroll The Forums posted:

:siren: MYSTERY SOLVED :siren:

I'm sure everybody's been waiting for the riveting conclusion to this utter waste of time. Hauled my old computer out of storage and booted it up so I could open my old bookmarks. The mystery comic is: The Bad Chemicals.

I seriously covet that trophy.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

LookieLoo posted:

Will I regret asking what a 'plugger' is?

Downwardly mobile obese middle American animal person.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

does anyone understand what this one means

It peeps on what you're copying and sends a report back to Applesoft? I have no idea.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Can't believe no-one is posting Goblins at this point, to be honest...

Here I think this is it.

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Apr 7, 2017

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

Turns out the real fountain of youth is a retirement community gated community.

The real secret to looking and feeling young is all of the fun you'll on an all inclusive cruise!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I found the broken snake but accidentally killed Jughaid instead of Jughead what's going to happen now?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Whooo!! Peanizzles!!!!

This comic has been coming out regularly since 2009 and in all that time it has never shown a single spark of originality or artistic improvement or competence of any sort. I don't loving know why it existed in the first place and I sure as hell have no loving clue why it has continued to exist at all, let alone for eight continuous years. Reading a handful of these strips have made me question the point of my own life, I have no idea how the comic creator lives with himself.

What is "peanizzle"? Is it circa 2003 "gangsta" for penis?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Only 1 atom being split wouldn't create an explosion of that size though? It doesn't make sense. Maybe the explosion in the last panel is a metaphor that represents the effect of the divorce on their loved ones.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Blind Sally posted:

:rip: pepe :rip:

here's a couple of new Archimes to cheer the thread up:

So is a swirly some sort of sex act or did he really hold that boob-lady's head in the toilet for 3 hours? Because that is pretty brutal.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

This my new favorite comic, thanks.

Blind Sally posted:

menage a 3 starting sticking giant ads on all their comics and i don't want to do the work to cut them out, so i'm not gonna post them anymore.

I thought the yellow guy in the first panel was a fantasy damsel in distress with huge boobs and her head thrown back but instead it's just the bald guy who has huge pecs on the back of his armor for some reason?

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 21:44 on Jun 20, 2017

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Man, it's almost like "Asking a dog 'who's a good boy?'" has replaced "2-3 nerds doing nerd stuff" as the default webcomic premise. I didn't think it was possible for something so innocuous to get so played out but here we are.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I'm seriously PBFing out on this one. Is the joke just that he's crying because Mario acknowledged him? Are those blue splotches even tear drops? What was the point of this comic?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Tiggum posted:

The modern ones are just a bland, unfunny version of the Lockhorns.

So, like, The Lockhorns?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

lol@ living in Manhattan and never seeing the ocean. Mikey's world was so small.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

I don't know about the original reason but the more recent comics have kind of retconned the backstory. So now the reason they're called the "Decepticons" is because they're trying to tell people that the leaders of Cybertron were deceiving the public. Megatron was a political writing railing against the evils of a corrupt system (and it was totally super corrupt.) Once the war actually starts they're still the bad guys though.

So it's kind of like if I think the government is a bunch of evildoers so I start a resistance group named "The Evildoers".

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I believe he felt owed a justice of the peace job, specifically. Imagine killing the president for that.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

marshmallow creep posted:

As I recall, he wanted to be the ambassador to Vienna, but would have settled for France.

Huh, I've had multiple teachers say it was justice of the peace but all the info I can find online does indeed say ambassador.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

MNIMWA posted:

The new cartoonist for Nancy is getting some heat, but she and the new iteration are actually very good. Check the comments on everything from April 9th onward, the Nancy superfans loving HATE it

http://www.gocomics.com/nancy/2018/4/9

but they are wrong

On the one hand the new Nancys are objectively better but on the other maybe we should just let octogenarians have the funny pages at this point.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Squidster posted:

I think it's important that people understand this isn't just a throwaway gag. This is REAL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-pXKoPpppI

And here I thought it was just a brony joke :psyduck:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

What the heck. Next is he going to go to Walmart and buy a bunch of gift cards then rip them up to help them break $whatever billion on their next quarter?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I was trying to read from the beginning of the new run and forgot she only started part way through May so I accidently read some stuff from the previous artist/writer and jesus christ it's dire.

I dunno man seems pretty funny to me

https://www.gocomics.com/nancy/2014/01/11

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

This is great because I had no idea what shape of woman R. Crumb liked before seeing this particular image.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

Oh hey, a bunch of new posts in the comic thread, I'm ready for the hilarity!

...Oh.

Like local politics? Like 90s era web design? I gotchoo covered.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

The dickwolves thing was so weird because the rape part was completely incidental to the premise of the comic and if they had changed it to remove that part it still would have worked but for some godforsaken reason they decided to double down on everything.

They had to stand up to the bullies!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Where does the Hair Bear Bunch come into all of this?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

You guys know Stuffit Expander is the name of a file compression program for old Macs right? The joke makes perfect sense it just isn't very good.

He's looking at Turkey.com because he wants to buy a holiday turkey. His boss sees him slacking off, he employs a reference to computing, an act he is savvy at and knowledgeable of, and tells the boss to "stuff it".

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 22:49 on Sep 17, 2018

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

How is the problem solved here he's about to climb over the wall.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Salmon are also famous for jumping, I guess?

As for the second one .... is that a stone? Did the dog throw a stone at Heathcliff but it just bounced off his gut??

I'm pretty sure it's a kidney stone.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Who What Now posted:

If you don't want to see someone draw something funny then why are you reading comics and not a joke book?

This works for movies too. For example: I don't see how anyone can call the Star Wars prequel trilogy bad with all that awesome CGI.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ignite Memories posted:

A good joke saves lazy writing better than a good drawing saves a lazy joke but they are both acceptable content.
That's bill watterson's stance on it and I feel like he's the fuckin guy who'd know

The problem is when none of the things are good. Or one aspect is bad enough that it overwhelms the others.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I'll have you know, thegentlemansarmchair.com, that I enjoy the outdoor sports of hunting, fishing, and sailing, and the indoor sports of poker, chess, pool, and pipe collecting.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I've heard "if global warming why it snow?" before but rain is a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Santa has creepy feet.