Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Eh, people are different and do things for different reasons. I'm bi but I rarely ever sleep with dudes because I tend not to be that into them on a personal level a lot of the time.

Here's an old Gunshow.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm pretty tired of hearing that I just don't "get it". That I haven't had those friends, that I haven't been in those situations. I have, and I understand the humor in lovely people like that, but it's a bad comic. It just is. I can excuse lovely art, lovely writing, lovely jokes, I'm ready, bring it the gently caress on. I can't excuse MM&O. It's just not good.

That said, the one where Megg woke up and decided she'd have a fashion day and then got street hassled into hating life did make me feel something.
Thanks for this objective and factual post. Now that you've pointed out that MM&O is objectively bad we can all just stop enjoying it. Boy, I'm glad to know how wrong I was to think it was good, when it turns out it's actually bad!

Here's an Achewood that came up when I clicked random comic a few times. If not for Ray's mother you could've had a different president.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Oh, we're doing old and bad comics now?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Okay fine, I'll post a good comic.

More here.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Was Boxer Hockey the one where the author turned up on SA, got mocked a bunch and actually took the provided critique to heart and improved a lot? Or was it some other generic-looking gamer comic?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Gonna get a WWWWJD? bracelet.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Stephen Collins is great.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

That poor piss gnome is going to be so disappointed when it realizes the physics of that machine won't lead any of it to its eagerly waiting mouth. :(

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Don't sign your posts.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

mrfart posted:

Brecht Vandenbrouckes' Shady Bitch is nice. A lot of it is a bit nws.
Don't embed NWS images, spoiler tags won't stop them from loading so you can still cause trouble for people at work.

Also, images behind spoiler tags are annoying as gently caress.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Stephen Collins is great. Even his political stuff is pretty okay (this may be because I am not British so it's never expressly stupid to me) but he also does stuff like this:
Hotlinking is a lovely thing to do. Also, the image doesn't show up for those sensible enough to browse using HTTPS.

E: Stephen Collins owns though.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YI9ahUgnk&t=48s

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Tiggum posted:

There is no comic (or anything else) good enough to make me deal with Tumblr's user interface. It's like someone tried to make a website that's as inconvenient to use as humanly possible.
It's not impossible to put in some basic navigation on a Tumblr page that works like any other website. The pretty rad queer revenge comic Bash Back has the standard First / Previous / Next / Latest navigation link setup, for example.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

shelley posted:

the big problem with tumblr there is that users can pick the style of their own blogs... and a lot of those styles are completely loving unreadable
Oh, so like regular websites then?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

cubicle gangster posted:

There is not. There's a button to start at the beginning and one for archive where you can manually scroll all the way down past every post they ever made to find page 2, and then do it again for page 3 etc. Tumblr is a bag of poo poo.
Not trying to defend Tumblr or anything but there's definitely standard navigation in this example, right below each page. See:

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Len posted:

How are you looking at it because I don't see those options on the mobile page
On a computer, like a civilized person. Mobile Tumblr isn't customizable in the same way I think, so you just get the standard (bad) layout.

Anyway, to keep on the topic of comics, Meredith Gran is reposting Octopus Pie from the first page on, with commentary! The rerun is only 11 pages in so it's a good time to either reread it or read it for the first time! I know posting images is customary but both Octopus Pie and Bash Back are more storyline-type things so I don't think posting parts out of context works great.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Thick McRunfast.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Swan Boy reminds me of Achewood in a good way.

Man, I miss Achewood.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Confessing their love after a bukkake session, how romantic.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Probably apocryphal, but I was told at some point by someone who usually knew what they were talking about that pinkies out basically originated as a side effect of syphilis.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Jan Romare is a Swedish national treasure IMO.
E: gently caress, was. He passed away last year :(

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

KennyMan666 posted:

Aw, I didn't know about that. I always liked his comics. But then it also feels appropriate to post another one of his comics.

It's called "Himlens Änglar", meaning just "Heaven's Angels". A reoccuring theme in it is that when you die, you just turn into an angel on the spot and carry on whatever you were doing, with angels often hanging around on Earth, but not visible to humans. God and the Devil are also reoccuring characters, as well as an angel with glasses serving as God's secretary. Though, God isn't quite as common a character as these following strips might imply, it's just that most of the strips I could find included Him.

"Is that him?"

"Wake up, Lord, it's time to become omnipresent again"

"...and now if you click on that one the Red Sea will part"

"Go see what he wants"

"Oh my Lord!"
"How about playing now and talking less"

"No, it's called clearcutting"

"He was so full of antics"
"And now he just lies there"

"We'll have to bring that one down to earth"

Oh yeah, I translated a couple of Himlens Änglar strips and posted them in the Comic Strip Megathread a few years ago, but it didn't seem as well liked as Pyton (and I agree, Pyton is the better comic) so I never got terribly far. I can check if I've still got the strips I did scan and translate lying around somewhere though.

It was just never as visually clever as Pyton, and way more reliant on dialog.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Doing things you enjoy is cool and good, but all kinds of fan culture (be it gamers, sports fans, anime nerds or what have you) are bad and toxic. hth

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

burexas.irom posted:

Yeah, turns out trans rights are human rights.
All reet then.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

The idea that something can't be entertaining and also emotionally true is the biggest boon to lazy creators ever. it's an excuse to say nothing for those who have nothing to say.

obviously not everyone can be miyazaki, but why should we give our attention to the people who don't even try?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Former DILF posted:

Actually that’s called Pinko Leninade

It's not bad.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Brewmaster posted:

Same.

Anyone have any recommendations for completed webcomics that are worth reading?
Ache... wood? Everyone in this thread loves Achewood, right?

For a less controversial suggestion, Octopus Pie is good! It's currently being re-updated in reruns with new author commentary, but you can absolutely just read the whole thing as it is.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Why is that outfit considered inherently subby though?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

LAUGH

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I'd ask you to stop, but I don't really have skin in this game.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Kennel posted:

Only in media created my multinational corporations!
Bram Stoker Inc

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

mysterious frankie posted:

Nah, the show isn’t pro qanon. The hosts are progressives that cover news related to the conspiracy/movement and often do profiles on prominent members or figures on the periphery of qanon/trumpism.

You very well could find it awful; I’m mainly clarifying for my own sake, because now I’m worried other people that didn’t click through might be thinking “oh, that Frankie guy that shows up once every two weeks to post off topic? I guess he’s a qanon guy. So now there’s officially a worse thing that he does.”
I totally understand the need to avoid being misunderstood, but this is making you way less mysterious.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

vyelkin posted:

What the joke-writer doesn't tell you is that the patient knew exactly who the nurse was :3:
Moral of the Story: Love is love... even if you love a MAN! with a 'HOOK'

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I don't post much ITT, and I don't have a strong opinion on comedy sixers, but AA definitely came across as a hyperbolic, whiny pissbaby about the whole thing. Is Moon Slayer abusing their (sorry I dunno their gender) power? I guess, maybe? Is that tantamount to fascism? Nope!

Also just off the top of my head I have the impression that most probations have been for worthless "thing sucks" posts, which doesn't seem to be so much about killing or disliking the wrong things as it seems to be about contributing nothing and being a downer. What do I know, though!

Anyway here's an Achewood that came up after clicking random a few times. It's not my favourite, strictly speaking - I hardly even remember it from previous readings - but it's fine. It's a fine comic.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

I could care less about that.
You are literally murdering the English language and pissing on it's grave. Is that what you're trying too do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh no won't someone think of the literally useless garbage language :qq:
Its okay, it'll rise from the ashes like a pheonix.