Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Is this where I sign the petition for a "The Creeps" print edition? Why does the comic's only web presence seem to be that nearly featureless gocomics page? Does it appear in print somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Choco1980 posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but it's very weird the tone it takes whenever I see it posted here. Like, on the one hand, it seems to be very intimately inside the furry subculture, at the same time it seems to harbor no illusions against literally every thing that's wrong and terrible with that same culture. Like, I don't think I've ever seen anything else from furry fandom that self-aware.

The way it portrays the fur suit faces so lifelessly always makes me feel that there is an element of mockery to it.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Paladinus posted:

Why did he erase '5-4'?
Is that the artist's signature, or was he so surprised he accidently wrote on the table?

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

A trend I've noticed recently that I absolutely hate is when people criticize the morality of characters and whether the work rewards or punishes that morality. It has the implicit idea that art is only valuable as a tool of moral instruction.

That type of criticism seems like a weird result of insisting that absolutely everything in a story must have meaning. Since someone wrote that it rained that day the rain must be to add a touch of melancholy. Whether a bad dead is punished or not must make a point about the state of society. If it isn't obvious then it must be deep. That kind of analysis makes fiction seem so distant from reality where chance and circumstance are so important, and justice is imperfect and the result of tireless effort.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I'm not sure I've ever heard of the devil winning in these types of things, but he's a tricky gently caress so maybe he's throwing matches to fuel man's hubris and sweeten his ultimate downfall.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
You haven't lived until you've turned an ogre invis with a wand of random effects.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
The real insanity is the announcer who seems to expect something else even if experience should have taught him otherwise already.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I like that they are holding hands on the wisemen comic.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Hitmen for Destiny definitely feels like the artist spent too much time working a particular style to be able to develop beyond it, a much more extreme case of the rut a lot of webcomic artists get into. What stands out is that the action is actually very clear, even character emotion, so I really can't hate on it.

Also what is the name of the webcomic that starts off as a kind of vulgar highschool thing but then there is an incredibly long 100th comic where the apocolypse happens?

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Thanks, the rough style of Hitmen of Destiny kind of reminded me of it. I think we can appreciate the effort that is put into these kinds works, even if the style or technical skill isn't to our standards.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I think convincing me to read a newspaper comic is a pretty high bar that new nacy cleared handily.

Was The Creeps actually in newspapers or just a web comic? They should let that guy do family circus or Dilbert or something.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
This one?
https://www.mrlovenstein.com/comic/921

There are probably others that fit that description.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Tiggum posted:

Can anyone read that signature? I saw this posted on some random Facebook page and would like to find the source.

W. McPhail?

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I don't know if it is really a webcomic but The Creeps is great.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Was the Kickstarter printing of pictures for sad children that lead to the book burning the first run of the book? I don't remember the Kickstarter but I think I have a physical copy.

I thought I had lost all my scary go round books in a move but they turned up a decade later. I spent a lot of after school job money getting the first one with a personalized sketch.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Fister Roboto posted:

But it gets a million shares on social media so it will never end.

I saw a physical book in Barnes and Noble last week. The comic might last longer.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
This is the Twitter thread with the rest:
https://mobile.twitter.com/unfins/status/1203049681976283138

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Well here you go.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Ronnie's constant suffering in making comics is the real cry for help.

He should just turn it into a Garfield parody but with the possum.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
The pixel art in jerkcity is from a comic chat program that Jim Woodring did the art for, whose works I can't recommend enough.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Today's whomp is about making jokes about killing himself instead of just a joke about killing himself.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Krankenstyle posted:

reveal yourself, whompman

Did Ronnie inherit KC Green's throne?

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
LARPers need a lot of snacks.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
And socks and copper pot scrubbers.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I'd be much more willing to buy a caricature if it was drawn on a five foot sketch pad with a comically oversized pen.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

I don't know about the comic, but that website is a 12/10.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Early Marmaduke is great.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
There are a lot of well drawn comics that are unreadable garbage because the action is unintelligible. If the art is terrible but conveys what is happening in the story well it can still work.

Powerup/gamer dilbert are drawn poorly because that is the joke about gamer comics.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
"Gee, this these full of nedroid comics sure is great, I hope the rest of the forums are as good as this!"

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Charlie brown being shadow with a circle tool bald head is too perfect.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I clicked the random comic button on the nedroid site. Random nedroid is my favorite comic.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
In his trials Gamer Dilbert has been given stigmata, truly a masterpiece of our time.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I hope the self contained arc is about gamer version of the normal powerup characters.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Sarge's hands lol

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

The Maestro posted:

It could be normie Bill, no proof that it’s Gamer Bill. Normie Bobby was in the background of the restaurant scene a week ago

Then how do you explain the crossed arms???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I think you can draw a lot of parallels between garfield and whomp, and so like the internet has done to garfield, ronny should just branch out into insane self parody.