Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006

Tiberius Christ posted:

I sure do love reading so much text in comics, a visual medium. Seems like there's a better way to inform people than to just put a giant blog post in a bubble and draw a talking head looking angry. Maybe draw a scene showing the difficulties and injustice that workers face?

Let me introduce you to My Favorite Comic: Subnormality!

Somebody has a new favorite as of 05:08 on Oct 19, 2018

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006

grittyreboot posted:

I recognize this art style from old Mad Magazines. Does anyone know the name of the artist?

As posted, this is by the legendary Harvey Kurtzman, who ran the original comic book mad before it was converted to a "slick" magazine with issue #28. Here's some of Kurtzman's covers for MAD:

And to contribute, here's one of my favorite MAD articles, the Merely 99¢ flyer.

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

my first favorite webcomic is twenty-one years old today

My favorite webcomic is by one of the people who made this webcomic, but it is completely different in style. Most of the stories are narratives (heavily steeped in the 90s dot-com boom as a cultural foundation), all using a combination of photography and posed bendable figures. It is called Leisure Town. This story has 20 more pages, though there are others ranging from single-panel works to 90-100 page extended tales.