Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Brave Fencer Musashi was one of my favorites for the PS1, and I rented it a whole bunch of times. It was great and I enjoyed it a lot, but then I got to the final boss and....I never finished it.

There's certainly some annoying bits in this game, but boy howdy, it's a fun and charming game overall. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Oh boy. I forgot how early Steamwood happened in this game. Granted, I was a dumb kid who wasn't very good at video games when I played this game last, but gently caress Steamwood.

I love the toys though. It's like, they wanted to do a model viewer for the game, adding a little bit more detail in some places, but decided to have an in-game justification for it, and it owns.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Looking at it now, Steamwood honestly isn't that bad here. It is, however, a stressful annoyance, especially for new players. Like, the overall time limit is one thing, but the valve timer that resets the entire sequence if you mess up is aggravating if you really suck at this sequence.

...which definitely was the case for me as a kid. :(

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Ahhh, the crest guardian. While I think some of the later bosses are better than Skullpion here, the visual design for all of them are extremely good.

And wow, I remember there being a silly naming scheme for the Thirstquencher Empire, but I did not remember Fuher Flatski. That's...quite a name and title alright.

• Locked thread