Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
"Aye, what can I get ya?" The barkeep grabs a bottle from behind the counter and pours a glass. "Here you are." He slides it over to the new guy. "...The gently caress do you mean 'Watered down poo poo'? Get the gently caress out of here. You think people like Dominic there would come here and drop their hard earned jingle if I served weak grog?" He nods to the corner where a large man sits quietly and drinks alone. The large man raises his head and stares death at the new guy.

Dominic Vega, the Gunlugger

The barkeep snorts loudly. " 'His loving problem', new guy, is that he doesn't like to talk much, but we've gotten him drunk enough to tell us a few things on occasion. S'posedly he lived the pirate's life until recently, roamin' the endless sea, killin' and lootin' and all that poo poo. Seems like some sort of disagreement went down between him and his cap'n though, cuz she had her crew of salty assholes keelhaul the poor sod. As he was dragged under the ship barnacles ripped his back to shreds but at the same time severed the rope and set him free, but he wasn't the only bloodthirsty beast in the ocean. The blood in the water attracted a big loving shark that tore into his shoulder and dragged him down deep below. He fought the predator up to the surface and got some air but the savage beast was relentless and dragged him down yet again. Eventually the loss of blood and oxygen claimed his consciousness and he was out, good night, dead for sure, requiescat in pieces, and so on. But then by one last twist of fate his luck changed. A boat from the Fishing Fleet was trawling the waters and gently caress me if he didn't get caught up in their net before the sea monsters began fighting over his fresh meat."

"A skeptic eh? Well, we've got two compelling reasons we believe his tall tale. One, Hammer still walks with a limp after calling him full of poo poo and we've decided that it's best to just accept whatever he says ever since. Two, the shark was still hard at work tearing into his leg when they were both fished out of the water! Luckily for him — again — the boat was equipped with a crate of meds and someone with a steady hand. They fixed him up good, pumped the salt out of his lungs and the blood back into his veins and sewed him shut. I reckon that he must've worked up quite the debt bleeding out on the deck like that, but he's been keeping his mouth shut about that."

"Now, are you gonna insult this fine establishment again or are you going to sit there and enjoy your drink? I'm sure Dom would enjoy flooring your rear end if I clear his tab for tonight in return."

quote:

Playbook: Gunlugger

Look: Man, scrounged mismatched armor, stern face, mad eyes, overbuilt body.

Stats: Cool+1 Hard+3 Hot-2 Sharp+2 Weird-1

Moves
  • Battle-hardened: when you act under fire, or when you stand overwatch, roll+hard
    instead of roll+cool.
  • Salty Sea Dog: you get +1hard (hard+3).
  • NOT TO BE hosed WITH: in battle, you count as a small gang, with harm and
    armor according to your gear
Gear
  • The Bulletbeast (3-harm close/far area messy) (Machine gun)
  • Magnum (3-harm close reload loud)
  • AP ammo (add ap to all your guns)
  • Sharktooth knuckleduster (2-harm hand)
  • Scrounged plates of metal (2-armor)
Hx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

PoultryGeist posted:

Dominic Vega, the Gunlugger
You seem to have a rep. Why didn’t the Taking King impound you into his service?

Impound me? Now where would our little budding dictator ever find the balls to press-gang someone of my caliber into his crew?

Heh, you're not buying it? Alright, I'll give it to you straight.

Politics.

See, you have to remember that it wasn't one of the Taking King's cutters that scooped me out of the sea, it was a Fisher Fleet trawler that was dragging the waters that day. Now I ain't fully up to speed with what kind of arrangement the the two had, but while the Taking King was definitely on top, it was the Fisher-King's people who stitched me back together. The powers that be clearly hadn't figured out what to do about me by the time the narcostabs wore off and I got back on my feet again, so I just walked. The storm rolled in none too much later, and the Taking King bit the salt.

With him dead I figure all bets are off. I wouldn't be surprised if the Fisher-King sends someone to give me a friendly reminder of what I owe, or maybe there'll be so much poo poo going down that no on will remember. You've got a power vacuum here, and they always get filled one way or the other. It's gonna get bloody, that's a guarantee.

Well, no matter how that goes I'm planning to stick around the Shoals for a while. It'll be nice to throw down anchor for once, and with the dark storm looming on the horizon there's one thing I know for sure. I'm not gonna get bored.

• Locked thread