Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

General Dog posted:

What's the tiebreaker if Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State all end up 8-1 in the conference?

Probably playoff ranking. Anyway, PSU is gonna loose to Sparty or something and gently caress this all up

Why are Sparty so bad this year? Lost to Maryland, woof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Adun posted:

Lmao at anyone thinking Bama won't be #1

With Michigan's strength of schedule Washington honestly ought to jump them.

Because gently caress Michigan. :v:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Noctone posted:

is this the first time y'all have seen AsInHowe post or something

Wasn't he the A Michigan Man letter writing guy or something

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Alaois posted:

in which absurd loving pocket universe do you inhabit that makes you think Michigan will be ranked above Alabama

One or two (crazy) people had Michigan ranked #1 a week or two ago.

More will probably do so tomorrow but even as a Michigan fan I think they're wrong. The #1 spot is Bama's to lose.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I want Alabama to suffer but I know it just won't happen.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

General Dog posted:

What's the tiebreaker if Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State all end up 8-1 in the conference?

Russian Roulette for the head coaches

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Scionix posted:

alabama will never lose another football game inshallah

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Probably playoff ranking. Anyway, PSU is gonna loose to Sparty or something and gently caress this all up

If I'm reading it right Penn State would be eliminated because of their non-conference record and then OSU would win the division based on the head-to-head with Michigan. Like you said, probably not going to happen.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

AsInHowe posted:

Which of these things is the most bizarre:

- Michigan is 7-0, #2 in the country

- Michigan will be #1 or #2 tomorrow in the country

- Michigan's head coach is Jim Harbaugh

- Michigan's head coach, Jim Harbaugh, decided to start wearing glasses on the sidelines that are a tribute to Woody Hayes and Malcolm X, and everyone is cool with it

That last one is pretty drat special.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
A&M lost, but only an idiot (aka most of my Facebook feed right now) would have expected otherwise.

Still predicting a 9 win season, with 10 being likely as well.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
nick saban (peace be upon him) is ushering in utopia by first dismantling man's imperfect attempt at football, to be replaced by a version with no blemishes where RPOs don't exist and everyone tackles properly

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/RockMNation/status/789937747171614721

We are so loving bad at everything. Those Cougs tho. Go Cougs (bitch).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Michigan is #2. #1 won't happen unless Bama loses. I can't justify #1 until that happens.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Gonz posted:

Michigan is #2. #1 won't happen unless Bama loses. I can't justify #1 until that happens.

that and you have a schedule with one team with a pulse on it

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

General Dog posted:

Looked it up

The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:
(a) If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
(b) If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 6 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
1. The records of the three tied teams will be compared against each other.
2. The records of the three tied teams will be compared within their division.
3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5, 6, and 7).
4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.
5. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.
6. The representative will be chosen by random draw.

Does #5 mean record including non-conference? What's an exempted game?

Could be a couple of things, they might not count Div 2 games or FCS games (might be an old rule that was c/p'ed). They may also exclude games based on extenuating circumstances, like if a game is called in the 4th due to weather.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Meh. Can't be too disappointed with the loss - A&M had some bad offensive execution on open plays which, combined with dumb penalties, won't beat Bama. It felt like we were in for a good second half of close football up until that roughing the passer penalty, then suddenly everything went to poo poo and we couldn't get anything going again. Refs were pretty lovely the whole game (missed calls both ways) and I'm still mad about the uncalled targeting on Noil.

I still think we're a good team; Bama just happens to be much better. Hopefully there isn't a second half collapse against the last 3 SEC teams we play this season.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Benne posted:

Washington took care of business with Oregon State and will likely jump into the Top 4 thanks to tOSU making GBS threads the bed.

Feels good man.

Made a trip up from SoCal and caught this game in person. Saw a ton of friends I hadn't seen in ages, got a solid win, saw Dubs in the suite section lookin' happy. Exceptional day.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
So here's LSU's 4 major remaining games:

Bama, @Bert, Florida, @Aggy

Realizing LSU is serious about football and likely seriously examining all candidates and probably won't make a snap judgement, what record does Coach O need in those 4 games where you feel safe giving him the job and that he's not just going to lose all the momentum during the offseason and make LSU a shitshow?

I say any 3-1 does it but 2-2 is possible if one of the two is Bama. I like Coach O but this situation just reeks of a team cutting loose because they've got nothing to lose and also don't forget Fournette is gone in a couple months. It's really easy to see him finish this season well, get the job, and proceed to poop out 5-7 wins for 3 years until he's canned again.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 23, 2016

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Crotch Bat posted:

So here's LSU's 4 major remaining games:

Bama, @Bert, Florida, @Aggy

Realizing LSU is serious about football and likely seriously examining all candidates and probably won't make a snap judgement, what record does Coach O need in those 4 games where you feel safe giving him the job and that he's not just going to lose all the momentum during the offseason and make LSU a shitshow?

I say any 3-1 does it but 2-2 is possible if one of the two is Bama. I like Coach O but this situation just reeks of a team cutting loose because they've got nothing to lose and also don't forget Fournette is gone in a couple months. It's really easy to see him finish this season well, get the job, and proceed to poop out 5-7 wins for 3 years until he's canned again.

You don't want LSU to turn into an Al Golden style shitshow. He's probably got to win 3-1 with Bama as a win to really convince the boosters.

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago
The team that played 8 home games should be eliminated first if there's a three way tie in the Big Ten East.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
For the second week in a row Rutgers actually showed signs of life, and not being as much turnover machines, they barely lost to Minnesota.

Part of this is indeed genuine progress. Their roster is comically thin, but the young players are getting comfortable in the new offense and improving on both sides of the ball. They actually have a QB who can run the offense now, which helps.

Part of it is that Lovie Smith and Tracy Claeys are comically bad. Lovie will last three years, while Claeys could be out at the end of 2017. Congrats on hiring your own Kyle Flood, Gophers.

God drat do I want a do-over of the Iowa, Illinois, and Minnesota games. All eminently winnable.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
Colorado's 6-2.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
OU won but it wasn't good

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

Qwijib0 posted:

V. Good luck
Much upset

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp
i am floating serenely in a riptide of tOSU tears

God Is Real

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I expected Mizzou to be bad this year, but Jesus gently caress. I had zero expectations for Barry Odom and he's still somehow been underwhelming.

No way do they have the cash to do anything, but have to wonder if there are regrets in Columbia about this hire.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
i loving puked BIG TIME in my kitchen sink gently caress OHIO STATE PENN STATE OWNS

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
theres a great jok ein here about pedophiles re: ohio state and penns tate but gently caress if im gonna figure it out

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

News: Texas Tech gave up more points in one game tonight than CU has given up in 6 TOTAL games this season

Views: Please don't leave us after this season, Jim Leavitt :ohdear:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska's gonna struggle to break 10 points this weekend in Madison. Ah well, we've surpassed our win total from last year! :unsmith:

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Lol no one is losing to this dumpster fire of a team the rest of the year

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal
The state of Washington is 8-0 in conference play, and the state of Oregon is 1-7.

The Apple cup might mean something significant this year!

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Zifnab posted:

The state of Washington is 8-0 in conference play, and the state of Oregon is 1-7.

The Apple cup might mean something significant this year!

That game's on Black Friday, otherwise, poo poo, Gameday may have actually gone to Pullman.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hell yeah Blue Raiders :w00t:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Trast posted:

You don't want LSU to turn into an Al Golden style shitshow. He's probably got to win 3-1 with Bama as a win to really convince the boosters.

Probably this. Although a Bama win with any combination of record will get him serious consideration.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Trast posted:

With Michigan's strength of schedule Washington honestly ought to jump them.

Because gently caress Michigan. :v:

Washington's signature win over...unranked Stanford

Scionix posted:

that and you have a schedule with one team with a pulse on it

This is literally true of every team every year because almost every team sucks. Everyone knows Alabama is the best team in the country, but it's not because of their rousing non conference wins over Western Kentucky, Kent State, and a lovely USC team.

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Oct 23, 2016

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Colorado is 6-2
Colorado just beat Stanford 10-5
Colorado is going to win the Pac-12 South

the gently caress is going on

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The good thing about losing to Penn State is that all I had to do when my dad called this morning to gloat was say "Oh, so did Franklin get an extension?" Then suddenly he didn't want to talk about football and we could discuss our shared joy at a Cubs-Indians World Series.

Watching OSU fall in the rankings might be fun in a perverse masochistic way too, I guess. So that's two things.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

always cheer against Penn State even if it's against Ohio state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
We joke about Saban's black magic but I think he might actually have sacrificed an animal or something last night at the start of the 3rd quarter.

20-14 with Texas A&M driving... 2 minutes later 33-14 with Texas A&M looking for the exits.

• Locked thread