Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
There are so many variations of it too! Even ones, dragon ones, aggro, combo. They're somehow all bullshit.

Also I came up against unitless Hooru with Svetya's Sanctum. I have a feeling Turn to Seed is going to bring that back in force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

bamhand posted:

There are so many variations of it too! Even ones, dragon ones, aggro, combo. They're somehow all bullshit.

Also I came up against unitless Hooru with Svetya's Sanctum. I have a feeling Turn to Seed is going to bring that back in force.

Love my 95% Mardu Carver metagame.

Edit: With Stonescar, Praxis and Xenan making up the other 5%.

Tubgoat fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 10, 2020

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I just want to play some cool-rear end dragons, goddamnit!

e: In full agreement with the "Blightmoth needs to die a death of a thousand nerfs" stance.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

and here I am getting salty because I ran into discard seems like 4 times in a row. I'd much rather play against some interesting Corrupted shenanigans than the inevitable whittling down with Tome and Felrauk

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

I just want to play some cool-rear end dragons, goddamnit!

e: In full agreement with the "Blightmoth needs to die a death of a thousand nerfs" stance.

Expedition has 3 perfectly good dragon decks, Stonescar, Skycrag, and FPS are all still quite good.

Nosre posted:

and here I am getting salty because I ran into discard seems like 4 times in a row. I'd much rather play against some interesting Corrupted shenanigans than the inevitable whittling down with Tome and Felrauk

They don't even mill your entire deck now! Just need to do 20 cards to activate that summon 3 6/4's thing. Also the new 4 mana 3/3 flyer that deals damage equal to spells in the enemy void can seal the deal too.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

If I silence Dizo they keep my guy right?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Haven't tried it but I want to say you get it back. Silencing the 7/7 Queensguard guy will unstun your unit. Also if you're both playing Dizo and steal them from each other things get bonkers real quick.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

https://www.direwolfdigital.com/news/5-11-live-balance-update/

New balance changes, and a changed draft format.

Nerfs to Evenhanded, Distillation, Kato, Interloper, Rectifier, Machinations, Salvo, and Ark of Sol. Buffs to Purgedriver, Two-Face, Kira, Heriloom Blade, Aerial Battle, Staff of Stories, Statuary Maiden, and Midnight Gale.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Machinations is actually a buff since it's now playable in Even decks.

E: Also, Slay, and the previous Displays, are now expedition-legal.

Jabor fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 12, 2020

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
glad I already played my sealed games for the week, I have two rectifiers and them becoming 1/1s is making me question running both. See what next weeks packs give me.

Edit: see you next patch after when Even-Handed Golem becomes an 0/1.

Huzzah! fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 12, 2020

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Hooru control looking scarier and scarier.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Huzzah! posted:

Evenhanded Golem (0/0): +2 attack if you have no odd attack units in your deck. +2 health if you have no odd health units in your deck.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Huzzah! posted:

Even handed Golem, 0/1. Summon draw two cards. Entomb, discard two cards

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Oof better finish my current draft with two interlopers before they are nerfed

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I like most of it but don't really get their reasoning behind the Blazing Salvo nerf - yeah, it was the most efficient of its circle but it's still the only way Fire can access the market in Expedition. And while this doesn't necessarily hit the aggro decks, as is their reason, it fucks with controls who arguably need market access the most. Can't say I'm happy about that particular restriction.

Blightmoth still unaffected, too.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Jeez, they hit like 40% of the Keelo/Vox deck all at once. Which, it wasn't that powerful...

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Drunk Theory posted:

Even handed Golem, 0/1. Summon draw two cards. Entomb, discard two cards

Nice buff.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Sacrifice decks were getting silly, these are good changes.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

What's the Hooru control deck these days?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Probably something like this.

https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/tnuLJA30ivQ/sots-hooru-control

I don't think there's a solid single deck yet but that one looks good. Archmagister's Portal might be a fun thing that pops up in the new meta too.

Didn't find any good portal lists on Eternal Warcry but a grave yard recursion, revenge, and killer based Xenan list is infinite value.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 12, 2020

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

bamhand posted:

Probably something like this.

https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/tnuLJA30ivQ/sots-hooru-control

I don't think there's a solid single deck yet but that one looks good. Archmagister's Portal might be a fun thing that pops up in the new meta too.

Didn't find any good portal lists on Eternal Warcry but a grave yard recursion, revenge, and killer based Xenan list is infinite value.

This seems like a cool list but I honestly have no idea how to play it. I guess that's what happens when you play nothing but aggro decks!

E. I mean I get using removal and stuff but I'm not sure how it wins. Draw down to Svetya's Sanctum? I just ground out a win with Svetya herself and pinging with Transfusion. I might just need to adjust my mindset.

apophenium fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 13, 2020

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

apophenium posted:

This seems like a cool list but I honestly have no idea how to play it. I guess that's what happens when you play nothing but aggro decks!

E. I mean I get using removal and stuff but I'm not sure how it wins. Draw down to Svetya's Sanctum? I just ground out a win with Svetya herself and pinging with Transfusion. I might just need to adjust my mindset.

Play Sanctum, play palace win game

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

anilEhilated posted:

I like most of it but don't really get their reasoning behind the Blazing Salvo nerf - yeah, it was the most efficient of its circle but it's still the only way Fire can access the market in Expedition. And while this doesn't necessarily hit the aggro decks, as is their reason, it fucks with controls who arguably need market access the most. Can't say I'm happy about that particular restriction.

Blightmoth still unaffected, too.

i was briefly terrified but yeti.dek doesn't particularly care about taking two face damage

if you care about face damage you probably already lost anyway

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

if you care about face damage you probably already lost anyway
Or you're playing dragons. I've had games where I managed to take control on four or six health. If anything, it's also an indirect (albeit small) nerf to Karvet, Redeemed.

Shaking up the meta is not a bad thing, I just don't think nerfing one color's only means of accessing the board is the way to go about it.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
My FPJ control opponent sees me (Feln control) Ice Bolt my own unit at the end of his turn to get to 10 power. Just auto concedes. Dude knew what was coming.

Scourge

bamhand fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 15, 2020

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

bamhand posted:

My FPJ control opponent sees me (Feln control) Ice Bolt my own unit at the end of his turn to get to 10 power. Just auto concedes. Dude knew what was coming.

Scourge
Decklist? I like playing different stuff.

I gave direwolf some money because I've been playing this just about every day for like over 2 years.

It lets me play that new shadow ikara deck listed a dozen or 2 posts above, also been playing keelo curse decks.

I kinda got real sick of stranger decks for awhile but I've been seeing dragon decks to make up for it lately.

I'd like to try some dragon action but i don't seem to have any of the highest cost good ones.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
This is my list currently. I've posted a bunch of variations of it in the past. I've used it for the last 3 months at least to get master. Scourge of Frostholme is in there for mirror and vs Hooru but honestly it's pretty bad outside of those cases. Also the current popular Feln deck has Midnight Gale and that 1/4 flyer that makes 1/2 flyers. Also not feeling Rost right now with how common Turn to Seed and Annihilate is. Feastcaller or something is probably better.

2 Suffocate (Set1 #251)
4 Annihilate (Set1 #269)
2 Eilyn's Favor (Set0 #24)
2 Eremot's Designs (Set1007 #9)
3 Ice Bolt (Set6 #151)
4 Strategize (Set3 #165)
4 Blight Pass Smuggler (Set6 #235)
4 Jennev Merchant (Set4 #169)
4 Turn to Seed (Set1087 #8)
4 Wisdom of the Elders (Set1 #218)
4 Champion of Cunning (Set1 #371)
4 Jotun Hurler (Set1 #227)
4 Rost, the Walking Glacier (Set6 #175)
3 Dizo's Office (Set5 #182)
3 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)
2 Clan Standard (Set4 #145)
4 Cobalt Waystone (Set3 #151)
2 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Crest of Cunning (Set3 #267)
4 Feln Banner (Set1 #417)
4 Feln Insignia (Set6 #234)
4 Seat of Cunning (Set0 #62)
--------------MARKET---------------
1 Royal Decree (Set6 #154)
1 Hailstorm (Set1003 #11)
1 Honor of Claws (Set1005 #15)
1 Black-Sky Harbinger (Set1 #385)
1 Scourge of Frosthome (Set1 #248)

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I got to master last month with feln too, but this month I've tried it twice for a while and gotten destroyed both times. No defense whatsoever for Tome, and I just ran into it 4 out of 5 of my last matches. Two discard, and 2 of some new relic build

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
For Mill you just gotta kill them. And hope you Decree an important card. Champion of Cunning is a big boy and their removal is generally very light. Sometimes yeah you'll get steamrolled but I think it's actually in your favor.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I feel like I'm 1-7 against mill but maybe it's because I'm tilted right now.

I mean seriously I just played some other deck for five games, no mill, switch back to feln; turn two tome

[edit] went on a 6-1 run after that, so luck finally changed

Nosre fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 19, 2020

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Tome of Horrors turned mill from meme to loving obnoxious format gatekeeper.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I got masters so I can return to my sweet spot, tier 2 - 1.5ish jank. Like this probably could get to masters if you ground the poo poo out of it, but it's not consistent enough to do so easily.

Super fun though

4 Cliffside Porter (Set1001 #7)
4 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
4 Fearless Crescendo (Set8 #61)
1 Gustrider (Set6 #141)
2 Purpose Chant (Set8 #192)
3 Savagery (Set5 #117)
1 Street Urchin (Set6 #187)
1 Xenan Lifespeaker (Set4 #198)
4 Devour (Set1 #261)
1 Immortalize (Set7 #126)
4 Makkar's Quiver (Set8 #123)
4 Strategize (Set3 #165)
4 Touch of Resilience (Set8 #125)
4 Pristine Light (Set6 #111)
2 Stonepowder Alchemist (Set2 #239)
3 Triumphant Return (Set8 #133)
4 Crownwatch Press-Gang (Set2 #92)
2 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
1 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)
4 Cobalt Waystone (Set3 #151)
2 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
1 Crest of Order (Set4 #253)
2 Hooru Banner (Set2 #216)
2 Argenport Banner (Set2 #231)
3 Crest of Vengeance (Set3 #264)
4 Crest of Cunning (Set3 #267)
4 Feln Banner (Set1 #417)
--------------MARKET---------------
1 Cast into Shadow (Set7 #198)
1 Display of Purpose (Set8 #193)
1 Hailstorm (Set1003 #11)
1 Spellshield Architect (Set2 #221)
1 Unfinished Business (Set4 #256)

Nosre fucked around with this message at 12:41 on May 22, 2020

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Why does Jekk exist. Jesus gently caress.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

bamhand posted:

Why does Jekk exist. Jesus gently caress.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
What's the problem with Jekk?
Also please post your best expedition decks, I'm trying to get out of Gold and failing.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

tripwood posted:

What's the problem with Jekk?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/215979455?t=7h29m54s

Udenpah
Mar 26, 2007
To see the mote that I preferred to all the lists of clay

That was a fun rant! Also, they cited a Patrick Chapin article critiquing this style of design and, lol and behold, he's one of the Eternal designers.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Just using that rant as a comparison, there's a lot more interest going on with Jekk than the 2/2 black kill-anything they mention.

I find Milos to be way more annoying

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Jekk is a really cool card. No single thing it does is overtly strong but it's just too much in one package. Make it cost 5 but with the discard effect be free, have it only hit one thing, have it only target units, have it not give you troves, have it be a 1/3. Implementing any one of those changes would be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Nosre posted:

I find Milos to be way more annoying
Milos does something cool that no one else can do, though. I gotta build that firebomb deck some time.

Jekk, on the other hand, is a one-card toolbox. Removal, draw, reasonably powerful creature, finisher of players... He's too versatile.