Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I just got 7 wins with Stonescar Sacrifice. Man, that's a fun deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

I did 5 runs. Went 7-2 with Stonescar, 2-3 with the Praxis weapons deck, 7-1 with Yetis, 1-3 with Xenan Lifeforce/nightfall, 3-3 with Knucklebones. I expect I'll land in the 500-1000 range. I definitely could have done better with Knucklebones, though. There was one game where I left myself dead to direct damage, and they drew that sacrifice Altar that deals 2. I had the win on board with Cloud of Ash in my hand, and could have played a Staff of Stories for some extra armor instead of extra, useless units. I'm not very good at evaluating the lifegain aspect of playing relic weapons.

I do think the Knucklebones deck is the most skill testing, and I think Stonescar and Yetis are probably the best two decks. I haven't gotten Elysian and Combrei yet, though, so I don't know about them. I'm out of gold, so I probably won't run it anymore. I did enjoy it overall. Better balance would be nice, but I found all of the decks to have fun gimmicks.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

After my previous two 2-3 runs, I went 3-3 with sacrifice due to either flooding or being overwhelmed by a perfectly curved out yeti deck, and 4-3 with phat asses with my losses coming from not drawing enough power or being overwhelmed by a perfectly curved out yeti deck. I aggressively redrew to try to make sure I had shard of the spire, which helped, but every time I ended up with 2x rhinarc hunt pack in my hand and only 4-5 power it just felt super bad.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Whoever posted that FJS Midrange deck a while back, I was very wrong and that deck is VERY good. I assume it will hit Tier 1 in RNG easily next month. It's like the perfect mix of card draw, removal, lifesteal, and then slamming an endless stream of threats until your opponent dies/concedes.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

LOL, 7-0 with the Sacrifice deck. Venomspine Hydra is the ultimate removal. The Mind Link deck felt strong when you could get the combos going but this deck just felt OP. Highlights include madnessing a Jekk swinging and then saccing to deal 2 extra.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

bamhand posted:

Whoever posted that FJS Midrange deck a while back, I was very wrong and that deck is VERY good. I assume it will hit Tier 1 in RNG easily next month. It's like the perfect mix of card draw, removal, lifesteal, and then slamming an endless stream of threats until your opponent dies/concedes.

The one with Icaria and Alchemist and Highwayman? Yeah that is absolutely my favorite deck to run on ladder right now, it's brutal. Sooooo many concedes when Icaria shows up (or when you play your second Icaria, or when you Dark Return your Icaria)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
No Dark Returns in the list I saw but yeah. Just slam Makto/Icaria/Highwayman until they die.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Here's the one I'm using although I'm afraid I can't remember who I stole it from. I've thought about making changes but there aren't really any I can justify (also, it is good to know that they fixed Wanted Poster/Statuary Maiden-- you used to not draw cards if the Postered unit died while you had her on the field, but now you do)

2 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
3 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Wanted Poster (Set3 #106)
1 Annihilate (Set1 #269)
4 Quarry (Set1001 #15)
2 Vanquish (Set1 #143)
3 Vara's Favor (Set0 #35)
4 Slay (Set2 #236)
4 Stonepowder Alchemist (Set2 #239)
3 Auric Runehammer (Set1 #166)
2 Statuary Maiden (Set1 #387)
3 Vicious Highwayman (Set3 #275)
4 Harsh Rule (Set1 #172)
3 Inquisitor Makto (Set2 #242)
4 Icaria, the Liberator (Set1 #329)
2 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
1 Granite Waystone (Set3 #1)
3 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
3 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
3 Rakano Banner (Set1 #427)
4 Seat of Glory (Set0 #56)
4 Crest of Vengeance (Set3 #264)
1 Seat of Vengeance (Set0 #55)
4 Crest of Chaos (Set3 #268)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
How important is Highwayman to the deck?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

important enough that manus runs 4 highwaymen and 3 icarias

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

goferchan posted:

Here's the one I'm using although I'm afraid I can't remember who I stole it from. I've thought about making changes but there aren't really any I can justify (also, it is good to know that they fixed Wanted Poster/Statuary Maiden-- you used to not draw cards if the Postered unit died while you had her on the field, but now you do)

2 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
3 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Wanted Poster (Set3 #106)
1 Annihilate (Set1 #269)
4 Quarry (Set1001 #15)
2 Vanquish (Set1 #143)
3 Vara's Favor (Set0 #35)
4 Slay (Set2 #236)
4 Stonepowder Alchemist (Set2 #239)
3 Auric Runehammer (Set1 #166)
2 Statuary Maiden (Set1 #387)
3 Vicious Highwayman (Set3 #275)
4 Harsh Rule (Set1 #172)
3 Inquisitor Makto (Set2 #242)
4 Icaria, the Liberator (Set1 #329)
2 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
1 Granite Waystone (Set3 #1)
3 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
3 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
3 Rakano Banner (Set1 #427)
4 Seat of Glory (Set0 #56)
4 Crest of Vengeance (Set3 #264)
1 Seat of Vengeance (Set0 #55)
4 Crest of Chaos (Set3 #268)

I've officially about had it with JPS variants, Makto, and Icaria. I'm gonna start running a variant of Stonescar Sacrifice soon with Shadowlands Feaster and various ways to get 5/5+ Flying units to nick that in the bud. Might even splurge for a few copies of Statuary Maiden.

Roluth fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 17, 2018

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
This is the list I'm running

https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/details/uwdozFNz9yQ/jund-midrange-rank-2-masters-february-2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Roluth posted:

I've officially about had it with JPS variants, Makto, and Icaria. I'm gonna start running a variant of Stonescar Sacrifice soon with Shadowlands Feaster and various ways to get 5/5+ Flying units to nick that in the bud. Might even splurge for a few copes of Statuary Maiden.

Do it. I kind of hate Makto too, to the point where I'm a little reluctant to play him -- he's not broken or OP he's just loving annoying. Statuary Maiden is definitely a good answer. I kinda want to try that gimmick Fallen Oni recursion deck too, anyone got a link for that?

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

lazerwolf posted:

LOL, 7-0 with the Sacrifice deck. Venomspine Hydra is the ultimate removal. The Mind Link deck felt strong when you could get the combos going but this deck just felt OP. Highlights include madnessing a Jekk swinging and then saccing to deal 2 extra.

I have yet to play the Sacrifice deck but several people I've played against tonight have failed to understand that when you madness a Jekk (or almost any other unit) you swing before saccing.

(I lost a couple of those games anyways :negative:)

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Icaria and how few lines of interaction there are against that card, like literally nothing can stop them from getting the warcry 5, and shy of having a giant flyer already in place, you need to spend a minimum of 2 cards, or hope that a red deck does not run torch when you drop a scorpion wasp.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ash Rose posted:

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Icaria and how few lines of interaction there are against that card, like literally nothing can stop them from getting the warcry 5, and shy of having a giant flyer already in place, you need to spend a minimum of 2 cards, or hope that a red deck does not run torch when you drop a scorpion wasp.

Icaria is basically why Sandstorm Titan is what it is

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Would Icaria still be good without aegis? She seems to be a card that you either have an answer to or not. Would she be more fair if you didn't require TWO answers for her.

I think the problem occurs when you face two Icarias it's pretty much impossible to handle both

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

goferchan posted:

Icaria is basically why Sandstorm Titan is what it is

If you can keep it alive to be in play when they drop her. But why would they play her in that situation?

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
Just built the Jund list posted above and i dig it. Though it feels like the meta has already shifted from earlier today and i misread a few decks which lead to a few losses while getting the hang of it.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

lazerwolf posted:

Would Icaria still be good without aegis? She seems to be a card that you either have an answer to or not. Would she be more fair if you didn't require TWO answers for her.

I think the problem occurs when you face two Icarias it's pretty much impossible to handle both
She also costs 7FFFJJJ. It’s fair to have card advantage built in to a card that costs that much—and it’s not even guaranteed that it costs two cards to kill her. She dies to a buffed Runehammer and gets eaten by a killer dinosaur to name a couple. Without Aegis she would be stone unplayable without dropping her cost.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She'd probably be bad without aegis but she's much stronger in 3F decks with the scoutpowers in the game imo because the influence requirements aren't an issue as often.

That said I don't mind expensive cards that do things and don't die to harsh rule immediately.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 17, 2018

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent
Even if you ignore the influence costs, the other commonly played cards in the 6-8 power range are Daisho, Vara, Heart of the Vault and Channel the Tempest. Almost all of those include immediate card advantage or leave value behind if removed. Daisho is the only one that doesn’t have the guarantee, but it still has the potential to.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Sup bamhand. Man, Vara decks are so busted when they get going.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think you had a chance to win if you just all out attacked with everything. Not sure though.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Opponent milled themself 50+ cards in a single turn by playing Kaleb on a board with 3 Quartermasters and a bunch of trash then attacking all out with a Jekk. I chump blocked their three biggest dudes.

Event owns.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Opponent milled themself 50+ cards in a single turn by playing Kaleb on a board with 3 Quartermasters and a bunch of trash then attacking all out with a Jekk. I chump blocked their three biggest dudes.

Event owns.

I did something like that to myself when playing that deck last night, but fortunately made sure my swing was going to be for lethal. I think the QM deck may sometimes want to hold back QMs past the first because of how hard Jekk and Kaleb can deck you with QMs out. It's a balancing act, though, since sticking multiple QMs in the early game will usually enable you to snowball out of control.

In general, I've seen lots of misplays, including some of my own! Goofy things happen when people misunderstand the card text of weird cards they've never played. I just ran the Stonescar Sac deck to a 6-3 record and one of the victories was against someone who wasn't just afraid of killing my Baits, they seemed to be in mortal fear of getting hit by them for some reason. Eventually they went so far as to cast Permafrost on a Bait (which, naturally, I had a Devour in hand for).

Overall I'm liking the event. It's real good for your card collection if you have shitloads of gold saved up and can tolerate sometimes getting stuck with a lovely deck that doesn't earn an extra pack. Spent about 20K gold so far, am up at least 12K shiftstone, and have had good luck with the packs (didn't count but I'm pretty sure I'm above the expected ~10% legendary rate, and the rares have mostly been ones I didn't already have 4-of).

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

15-5 with rakano in masters. Deck is still fairly busted.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

So it turns out that taking two extra turns in a row with two Talir Unbounds is pretty devastating, who knew

(had a third in hand to play and take another turn, if that was necessary, but swinging with two 14/14 overwhelm Talirs was extremely lethal)

Hauki
May 11, 2010

jesus christ conley's deck sucks rear end

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Hauki posted:

jesus christ conley's deck sucks rear end

Mulligan anything without Spire, Amilli or Impact. Impact is actually what will win you most of your games, since playing a bunch of X/3, X/4 and X/6 fliers and basically overrunning your opponent is the cleanest way to win.

It is the worst deck. At least the Xenan Nightfall deck gets to play a few good cards in addition to its huge amount of power.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Mulligan anything without Spire, Amilli or Impact. Impact is actually what will win you most of your games, since playing a bunch of X/3, X/4 and X/6 fliers and basically overrunning your opponent is the cleanest way to win.

It is the worst deck. At least the Xenan Nightfall deck gets to play a few good cards in addition to its huge amount of power.

Conley's is the shimmerpack one. So many games I just sat there durdling forever and not actually getting any kind of win con or board presence, or real removal.

Pat Chapin's is the spire thing.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Hauki posted:

Conley's is the shimmerpack one. So many games I just sat there durdling forever and not actually getting any kind of win con or board presence, or real removal.

Pat Chapin's is the spire thing.

Oh the Mind Link deck is bad but it has a huge number of good cards and if you ever do land a Mind Link you will win against everything that isn't Yetis or Sacrifice since the other decks just cannot deal with their crappy synergy creatures getting Unstable Formed and Polymorphed.

Plus Xenan Obelisk is a messed up card.

chapin what the gently caress dude

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Oh the Mind Link deck is bad but it has a huge number of good cards and if you ever do land a Mind Link you will win against everything that isn't Yetis or Sacrifice since the other decks just cannot deal with their crappy synergy creatures getting Unstable Formed and Polymorphed.

Plus Xenan Obelisk is a messed up card.

chapin what the gently caress dude

Yeah, for real though Chapin's is awful too. With two vanquish as the entirety of the removal package, it just can't deal with like any of the big poo poo from literally every other deck.
I miss the grenadin deck badly.

Also what gives, literally like 90% of my matches have been vs. the praxis one.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Feb 18, 2018

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I wanna know what meta y'all played where that jund deck was good. Cause right now in D3 it's bad :(

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Play the 40 unit rakano deck. It's insane. I'm at like 32-8 with it in masters.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

what's your list? i need to make that grind

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

goferchan posted:

what's your list? i need to make that grind

https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/details/ap7fvYmW7f4/40-unit-rakano

I just keep winning with it. Went from like 1050 to 490 in masters with it over 45ish games.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind
Went 0-3 with the trashfire praxis deck.

Event loving sucks.

e: the deck might be passable if it ran any ways of interacting with the board besides two purifies and nothing else, and if you trim out the garbage units like the ember and wolves.

The ember in particular is extra infuriating because I'd see it unplayable on top of my deck, knowing I'd still be poo poo out of luck drawing any power next turn.

Odysseus S. Grant fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 18, 2018

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Went 0-3 with the trashfire praxis deck.

Event loving sucks.

Despite my earlier bitching, my worst run by far was actually the yeti deck.

Chapin's and Conley's I still managed to go 6-3 and 5-3 respectively, the grenadin one was an easy 7-1 and yetis was like, 1-3 or something miserable, just drew hot garbage and couldn't deal with all four jekks plus general or all the hydras, etc.

I think I've still literally only played against praxis and stonescar in every game with the exception of one versus yeti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind
That's funny, I went 7-1 with the Yeti.