Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Having a really good run in the monthly sealed (well, good by my standards - 22/8) with what is basically the Stonescar deck I opened. Turns out not having a mana curve as much as a 3 mana spike is less of an obstacle when you've got a Mysterious Waystone and a bunch of low cost Corrupt units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Got the win in draft quest and got 7-0 on my run. Only 3rd time I've managed it. Got to surprise someone with 24 lifesteal damage when they didnt block mightweaver and impending doom attacking.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new promo, in case you need another card to kill a Sling.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You can also meme a bit with sacrificing your own relics. Ancestral Oasis lets you pay 6 every turn to invoke Time.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Why is justice getting relic removal. The relic vs removal one upsmanship in this game is starting to feel as bad as the unit vs removal meta from Throne.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
New set in two weeks, finish out your gauntlets and forges before then if you care.

Community spoilers starting on the 3rd, a draft preview event starting on the 7th which will spoil a bunch of commons and uncommons, and a preview event on the 11th.

newershadow
May 18, 2014
We’re getting another 4 weeks of promos this month too, starting with this cursed relic later today.

There’s also this spoiler for the new set revealed on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/eternalcardgame/status/1334210726114721793?s=21

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

https://www.direwolfdigital.com/news/empire-of-glass-regen/

First of the new mechanics revealed.

Regen: "This first time this would be dealt damage, prevent all of it."

Turns off overwhelm when it's on a defender, prevents things like deadly/decay. Other prevention effects take precedence, so Invulnerable to Damage prevents damage first and aegis stops torch and leave regen intact. It's like aegis too in that it's an effect that pops once, not is always active or restored every turn or whatever. Can also trigger other effects when it happens, i.e.

I kind of don't like it but I think it's mostly the name more than anything. "Regen" implies taking damage and recovering from it, not preventing damage, IMO. Also it obviously has a lot of overlap with aegis and invuln as effects.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new spoiler

looks like a card with potential, like most cards that grab cards from the market. Im sure theres dumb combos you can do with this somewhere.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Being fast should make it very strong.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The obvious gimmick is to play a big Bond unit then market-switch it into like, Scourge.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Bond is already like too meh to even play. Maybe there will be some niche good ones, but seems doubtful.

Having to stick a unit, bond a unit next turn, then swap it out ANOTHER turn later is going to be way too clunky.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 3, 2020

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

5 cost removal doesnt cut it in constructed, but looks like a fine limited card. Cut Ties did work and that was 6 cost. This being Justice is a touch odd but whatev.

also :ohdear: that geni-cat.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

What happens if the opponent doesn't have a market?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

I assume it still goes to their empty market. If it doesnt this card is ultra trash.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Similar question if they still have a 5-card market. I guess perhaps this is one way to get >5 cards in there.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

More spoilers

Speaking of putting cards into your market. I wonder if they'll be a card that gets some bonus or something for having over 5 cards in your market. Otherwise, putting random cards in there is pretty meh.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I wonder if there are gonna be common/uncommon ways to access the market - a slow Sear with Overwhelm looks like a solid draft card, and it'd be a shame if the amplify was just trinket text 99% of the time.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I really want to like the grenadin pig but it seems to be in the wrong colors. Still, maybe there's going to be something else to synergize; I'd love to see grenadin back in expedition without having to rely on boring cards like shrine.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
There's a Skycrag Edge of Uprising token deck. But 3 mana 2/2 is REAL slow.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Laser blast is a janky otk meme if you can make a huge overwhelm thing with enough health on it :v:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

and a rules clarification from reddit, if you give the slime killer and use it, the new slime will have a "spent" killer skill. I suppose if you attack regular, the new slime will have a useable killer.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Game is buggy as gently caress at the moment. Don't play.

Had cases where face aegis wouldn't break. And a guy playing 5 units from his deck for free while killing my board with no cards or power spent.

e: Also can't import Expedition decks. They only go to Throne no matter which tab you choose.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 7, 2020

newershadow
May 18, 2014
The draft preview is up. Major note: non-Cylix factions are getting a new uncommon dual this set called Paintings.

Also: market mechanic article: https://www.direwolfdigital.com/news/empire-of-glass-market-madness/
One cycle in there: Grafters:

Time gets Charge/Soldier type, Primal Overwhelm/Grenadin, Justice Endurance/Sentinel, and Shadow gets Regen/Mandrake

There are a bunch of other cards that either go into the market or affect it in some form within the draft preview too.

———

bamhand posted:

e: Also can't import Expedition decks. They only go to Throne no matter which tab you choose.

So this isn’t intuitive, but you can tap/click the Expedition/Throne logo in the deckbuilder to convert the deck to the opposite format (and remove any cards that aren’t in the format). I guess importing everything into throne means that nothing will be automatically deleted?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Fastlands? (Well, not quite, mtg fastlands are still untapped on turn 3, but close. These trigger lifeforce too.)

This is a big boon for aggro decks and decks that need to interact in the first couple of turns.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Made masters in expedition off mono shadow. Really impressed with Dichro's Ruin. It's good but not oppressive. Both as the person playing and the person receiving. A well designed card. Unlike Sling where you kill it or lose.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Looks like it's just Feartracker not doing any damage (still heals), and therefore not breaking aegis. Not sure what was going on with the other game where he was just making GBS threads out units though. At end of my turn all my units would die and he played like 3-4 from his deck for free. No spells cast, no power spent.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

bamhand posted:

Game is buggy as gently caress at the moment. Don't play.

Had cases where face aegis wouldn't break. And a guy playing 5 units from his deck for free while killing my board with no cards or power spent.

My client has been crashing on load a fair bit more than usual, and I come back to a lovely hand I can't mull (because game automulled) with a fuse ticking.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

bamhand posted:

Looks like it's just Feartracker not doing any damage (still heals), and therefore not breaking aegis. Not sure what was going on with the other game where he was just making GBS threads out units though. At end of my turn all my units would die and he played like 3-4 from his deck for free. No spells cast, no power spent.

According to Reddit some of the amplify spells were broken - you could click up more than you were allowed to, it wouldn't take your power, and your opponent wouldn't see you playing the card.

Not sure how that sort of thing slips through qa.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Jabor posted:

According to Reddit some of the amplify spells were broken - you could click up more than you were allowed to, it wouldn't take your power, and your opponent wouldn't see you playing the card.

Not sure how that sort of thing slips through qa.

'Cause suckers like me don't try to click it past my mana allotment. :v:

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Can we get your mono shadow list bam? I did expid masters last month eventually with shrine/mother, which was ok but a bit inconsistent

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
drat the game is all sorts a broke right now. Been playing a beautiful 5-faction expedition deck centering around Beacon of the Reach, Archmagister's Portal, and Crown of Possibilities and none of my wins have been counting towards the "win two games with a 3 faction or more deck."

Also when dealing damage with blockers all the attackers hit the blockers twice, appearing to deal zero damage. The right amount of damage happens but it looks janky as hell. Maybe something to do with that new Regen mechanic.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Nosre posted:

Can we get your mono shadow list bam?
Seconded. I finally made a set of At Any Cost and don't really have anything to jam them in. Stupid loving card, though.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

apophenium posted:

drat the game is all sorts a broke right now. Been playing a beautiful 5-faction expedition deck centering around Beacon of the Reach, Archmagister's Portal, and Crown of Possibilities and none of my wins have been counting towards the "win two games with a 3 faction or more deck."

Are you deep enough into 3 factions? For example, if you have 74 fire cards and 1 shadow card. The deck colors will show up with a solid red circle and a shaded purple one and the deck won't count as a shadow deck.

Here's the mono shadow deck, it's just the top one from Eternal Warcry. Very good against aggro and decent vs control. The mirror match is a SLOG. Last one I played had my opponent going up to 120 life before I killed him. I hate running Broker in a deck with no card draw but that's kind of your out vs control.

Also this deck is old news and Merriest Mandrake is all the rage now.

FORMAT:Expedition
4 Prize Sow (Set9 #148)
4 Shadow Etchings (Set9 #149)
3 Suffocate (Set1 #251)
3 Acantha Ascending (Set1095 #17)
3 Annihilate (Set1 #269)
4 Dichro's Ruin (Set9 #338)
2 Makkar's Quiver (Set8 #123)
4 Spiritweaver (Set9 #153)
2 Vara's Favor (Set0 #35)
4 Blightmoth (Set1085 #14)
2 Marionette Cross (Set4 #218)
4 Prism Golem (Set9 #213)
4 Eremot, Mindsplinter (Set8 #327)
3 Wasteland Broker (Set9 #214)
4 Icaria, First Reaper (Set1087 #11)
12 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Amethyst Waystone (Set3 #201)
4 Shadow Symbol (Set9 #145)
4 Stonescar Vow (Set9 #190)
1 Feln Vow (Set9 #208)
---------------MARKET---------------
1 At Any Cost (Set9 #155)
1 Deathstrike (Set1 #290)
1 Malediction (Set6 #208)
1 Silverblade Menace (Set1087 #10)
1 Severin of the Dark (Set9 #178)

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

bamhand posted:

The mirror match is a SLOG. Last one I played had my opponent going up to 120 life before I killed him.

Good lord! :psyduck:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Makkar's Quiver lets you double up on power each turn and Spiritweaver gives you lifesteal. So it was still only like 1-2 swings for lethal. But it comes down to whoever has one more threat than the other player has removal. No real skill involved.

newershadow
May 18, 2014
So I think this is the maybe the best card that I’ve seen from this set?

https://twitter.com/lsv/status/1336458194059550722?s=21

Power that breaks face aegis and works well with factionless stuff petition and troves. It has its costs, but in a set that looks like it has a fairly decent chunk of factionless cards, i feel like it could be powerful.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Legendary power cards make me go ehhhhhhh

Even magic tends to keep its lands at rare.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Osmosisch posted:

Legendary power cards make me go ehhhhhhh

Even magic tends to keep its lands at rare.

The most recent magic set had a 5-card cycle of Mythic (legendary-equivalent) lands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new-ish mechanic, more of a twist, its Valkyrie warp. If you have a valkyrie in play, then you can play valk-warp cards off the top of your deck and get a bonus effect as well.

Valkyrie Nighthawk I mean Deathwing looks pretty good at base. Certainly that one will be an all star in limited and maybe make it in expedition.