Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Very sad I missed the beta wave by two days. Game looks exactly what I am looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Really enjoying this so far. Is there much point in leveling up my forge ranking or am I better just saving gold for Draft?

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Elblanco posted:

I've only been playing a day, but I've realized that ranked is completely unforgiving. Build a tier deck from RNG before you head in. I went 0-5 on placement matches, so I'm bronze 3. Hoping to build either big combrei or ranako warcry though.

Yeah I am finding ranked really tough as well, I am playing from Australia and when there isn't a lot of people online you get matched up, I am playing a lot of silver and gold players while I am in bronze three and it can be a little disheartening. Having success with Rakano Warcry, even my babby version can outspeed some decks when I get a good draw.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Whats a good way to deal with warcry? If you don't kill their one and two drops then their creatures get very big very quickly. Shadow seems to be the only colour with lots of unconditional removal.

Are there any other Wrath effects apart from Harsh Rule?

I also so a really interesting tooltip that said that if you have a relic weapon with a keyword, then ALL your damage gets that keyword applied. That seems to be a very interesting mechanic.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Megasabin posted:

I decided to give this a go despite my reservations. So I have to do 20 tutorial quests before other quests will unlock? Holy poo poo, what a slog.

Completing all the tutorials is intended to introduce you to each of the colour archetypes which are familiar but different if you are coming from mtg. The reward is a legendary for each colour. I believe most people dust them straight away to craft decks

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Serperoth posted:

Oh wow that seems awesome. And it makes sense, by giving YOU the ability.

I think the only keywords that apply to spell damage would be: Overrun, Deadly and Lifesteal. The only thing I can thing of being very strong is Deadly + Lightning Storm as a board clear but I don't think it is really a particularly cheap solution to a problem that Harsh Rule already fixes. The other option is maybe massive life gain with Lightning Storm.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Megasabin posted:

Anyone have links to guides for drafting specifically Forge decks? Thanks

I am no expert but my successful forge runs have all revolved around low cost decks with lots of cheap creatures. Red always factors into a good run with Red/Green and Red/Yellow always doing well. Unless you get a bomb as your first pick from another colour I would suggest looking at draft lists for Rhakano and Combrei to get an idea of good picks in Red/Green and Red/Yellow respectively.

I did do very well last night after first picking a Rogue Dinomancer which won me every game that I played it in easily so there are good cards that aren't in those colours that can do well as well.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

JoshTheStampede posted:

Yeah, totem is purely cosmetic. Rakano Warcry is the easiest top tier deck to build, 10k dust is more than enough. The rares you're looking for are Crownwatch Paladin, Shogun's Scepter, Valkyrie Enforcer, and maybe Hammer of Might.

I noticed there is a nasty version of Rakano Warcry that lures you into thinking it is the original deck, and then drops Harsh Rule once you have flooded the board with blockers, following that up with big creatures you wouldn't normally see.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

has there ever been any world on a mobile/tablet version of the game? The fact that it has a battery indicator while you are playing a game eludes to that kind of port in the future.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Elyv posted:

I know it has a tablet port and I believe it also has a phone port.

Oh really? Are the only available to a limited group of people at the moment?

Ah, I see it now, if you log into the website and scroll down the profile page you can request access to the tablet beta.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I don't think Hex has any android presence? The big thing for me is being able to play a game on the go. I travel a lot for work and being able to play a cardgame on my phone or tablet in an airport or hotel bar in the evening is a godsend. It's why I have played a lot of hearthstone up till now, despite really starting to hate the limitations of the game.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

The android tablet client works perfectly on android phone as well. Great replacement for luckstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

frajaq posted:

So how generous is this game with packs to new players? This coming from someone who plays Shadowverse where they give you like 40+ packs at the start, no questions asked and around 10 arena tickets.

They have like a focused draft called the forge against the AI that gives prizes, including big prizes for 'ranking up' as well letting you keep all the cards you draft. Since it forces you to draft two colours (or one if you go out of your way to force that) then it really helps you start building a deck to use in the other mode against the AI that also gives out prizes for 'ranking up'. You get quite a bit this way. You also keep everything you draft in the draft mode as well as getting prizes there.