Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Loving this game played all day and had a blast however does anyone else think though maybe add in some minions with Reach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Scarabrae+1605 in game feel free to add me

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So the ladder reset kicks you all the way down to bronze 3 everytime? Is this to ensure faster varied matchmaking?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lockdar posted:

The key is recognizing which deck you are playing against, as soon as I see Time cards I start sandbagging both Annihilate, Deathstrike and the transform into a Pig card to counter the Titans and Wasps coming in. If they aren't playing Shimmerpack then only the obelisks can really get you, usually Haunting Screaming back the Gorgon Fanatic giving you life and cards should give you enough gas to finish the game.
When I'm playing my Rakano deck the titans are alot harder to kill since I only run 2x Vanquish and 2x Oblitirate, I should be able to push enough damage after killing one but the Titan feels like a bigger roadblock on Rakanon then on Haunting Nightmare.

I know titan is legendary but 5/6 stats for 4 mana is gross

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Love watching Kibler stream this game he just seems so much more engaged.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Kyrosiris posted:

One of their devs is in my WoW guild and I bitch at him when my drafts go south. :v:

You should be pestering for spectate mode and a better challenge friend "lobby" instead of being kicked back to the main menu after a game.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Running Navani with the maul that has warcry 3 is hilarious

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hey this thread got more replies than the HS general thread today. Also hit diamond 2 with navani plate rakano deck.

I know it sucks to get mana screw or flooded but from years of playing mtg it just never tilted me because you accepted that was part of the game. Laddering in hearthstone has always infuriated me and this game may or may not have the staying power but goddamn is it refreshing change of pace

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Amaz streamed draft today for 4 hours with 3000 viewers. Hopefully he starts doing it more often since its obvious he enjoys it more than HS these days.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

No Safe Word posted:

He shows up in Jonah's chat pretty regularly it seems as well, and he's been in the top 20 on the Draft leaderboard for quite some time. I'm pretty glad he's streaming it, the only other HS streamer I knew of to stream it was Kibler (who is how I learned of the game to start with).

Lol i just noticed he has 605 unopened packs thats a fuckton of draft play holy poo poo

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Also why its nice to have super good commons like crownwatch paladin.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Its because of that combo deck with copperhall blessing

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I know, that's why it's dumb. That deck was fun (for me (fun is a zero sum game and I want all of it)).

lol I get that but hey a nerf without waiting six months and they buffed a card! Amazing.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Haven't gotten 7 wins yet but lots of 6-3. Funny how much fun draft is and I avoided arena in HS like the plague.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Aegis is not divine shield it doesnt absorb combat damage

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Locopojo is a much more chill stream to watch. Jonah could be good but he goes full tilt too often.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Feln control feels good right now, running the new 2 mana 1/3 aegis really helps in the early game. hopefully more control orientated cards next week.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ShaneB posted:

Also kibler playing eternal is lol to me.

Kibler is consulting on the game along with LSV and other mtg pros

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

Muh tokens :cry:

Don't love that it's such a rakano card but adding a second card into the game that's good against a wide early board is something I support

Well could turn into a good combrei answer for jito decks perhaps?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Probably just luck but I've been rolling over people in gold with Icaria Blue added bonus is that its really fun to play.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Huxley posted:

The best time to play Forge after you hit master is when you are a little drunk and don't want to be done playing but also don't want to play ladder but ALSO don't have 5k gold.

I can confirm this is true

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Grozz Nuy posted:

I'm kind of surprised there haven't been more balance changes to the game since it's been out of beta. Every time I see a Sandstorm Titan played I think 'who the gently caress thought this was acceptably balanced 4-drop?'

Technically still open beta

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well they are taking the mtg route of mythic rares being super impactful and powerful. Doesn't bother me that much since the game is so f2p friendly.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That MTG Arena looked alot like Eternal to me, makes me wonder with LSV working for both companies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Solid Feln control still feels pretty darn good. I had splashed justice for harsh rules and enforcers but I think it clunks up the deck.