Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Getting back into this after a year or so. Been having fun piddling around in gauntlet. Made a dinky red/yellow deck and won a couple games in casual. Only won twice in my five ranked placements.

Anyways, I was wondering if y'all had any good decks to shoot for just starting off. And also some guidance about which cards I'm free to turn into shiftstones. I only have about 1300 right now but don't want to destroy anything useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Wezlar posted:

If you post a list of all your rares/legendaries I'll let you know what's safe to dust (or someone else will beat me to it)

Here you go! Thanks for the decklist. I've enjoyed playing aggro in this game, so it seems like something I'll have fun with.

apophenium fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 15, 2019

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I'm a total newbie to this game so I've been struggling to get that FJP deck to work. But it's awesome when it works.

Just got a win that made me feel like a genius, landing lethal damage with a Censari Brute with overwhelm.

I appreciate the tips posted. If anyone's got some VoDs of them or someone else playing or some more tips... It seems like a really fun deck but I'm just not smart enough to get it running right.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

bamhand posted:

Probably something like this.

https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/tnuLJA30ivQ/sots-hooru-control

I don't think there's a solid single deck yet but that one looks good. Archmagister's Portal might be a fun thing that pops up in the new meta too.

Didn't find any good portal lists on Eternal Warcry but a grave yard recursion, revenge, and killer based Xenan list is infinite value.

This seems like a cool list but I honestly have no idea how to play it. I guess that's what happens when you play nothing but aggro decks!

E. I mean I get using removal and stuff but I'm not sure how it wins. Draw down to Svetya's Sanctum? I just ground out a win with Svetya herself and pinging with Transfusion. I might just need to adjust my mindset.

apophenium fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 13, 2020

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Trip report from 5 straight wins in the Argent Depths preview event: Buhton is very good.

E. Ok I lost the next 3 but still

apophenium fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 20, 2020

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
So when do these things usually drop? I've got a handful of packs burning a hole in my pocket from the preview event.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
bamhand thank you for sharing that list. I hate playing against Burden decks but playing with one gives me so much joy. Just when I was getting bored with Eternal you brought the gift of attacking with twelve giant beetles while I have north of 200 health. Thank you, sincerely.

Now if only there was a way to work in my other favorite card, Crown of Possibilities...

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Just had opponent slam the concede button because I drew their destiny'd Makto with a Makkar's Stranger. Funniest victory I've ever had.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
That power is cool. Makes me wanna play that new factionless deck on EWC.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
The Sewer Kudzu is a bit of a bomb in a Grodov's Burden deck. Give it killer and then go to town. Even better if you can get it destiny somehow.

I think all of the Ascending units are pretty solid. I'm brewing something around Acantha in an Argenport sacrifice kinda thing.

But yeah it's somewhat underwhelming. Campaign was decent fun though.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Similar to how I rage crafted a set of Grodov's Burdens after a frustrating loss to it I just made a mill deck and I feel like a villain. I thought it might be fun but it's not. Maybe it will be when I get up to diamond, but climbing through silver has been like squeezing the life out of helpless little creatures.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
drat the game is all sorts a broke right now. Been playing a beautiful 5-faction expedition deck centering around Beacon of the Reach, Archmagister's Portal, and Crown of Possibilities and none of my wins have been counting towards the "win two games with a 3 faction or more deck."

Also when dealing damage with blockers all the attackers hit the blockers twice, appearing to deal zero damage. The right amount of damage happens but it looks janky as hell. Maybe something to do with that new Regen mechanic.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
There's a glitch with the Align the Tesseract legendary where you can play it for free as long as you don't have any grenadins in play

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I love Crown of Possibilities but am horrible at deck building so if anyone has or comes across a fun/good list post it here! There aren't any super recent ones on EWC.

e. Here's what I've been trying to get to work in Throne. A variant of that Khodosh Armor, Grodov's burden life gain deck, now including Moldermuck and Counsel of Heroes. Again, I'm bad at deck building so if y'all have any tips it would be appreciated.

FORMAT:Throne
4 Calibrate (Set8 #31)
4 Just Desserts (Set9 #332)
3 Lethrai Courtier (Set5 #220)
2 Makkar's Quiver (Set8 #123)
4 Porcelain Mask (Set5 #47)
4 Send an Agent (Set1097 #17)
3 Auralian Merchant (Set4 #70)
1 Cast into Shadow (Set7 #198)
2 Equalize (Set9 #89)
3 Hidden Road Smuggler (Set5 #210)
2 Kodosh's Armor (Set8 #72)
4 Moldermuck (Set10 #344)
4 Perilous Research (Set6 #68)
4 Shepherd's Horn (Set2 #49)
3 Tarra, Ever Loyal (Set1107 #5)
1 Winchest Merchant (Set4 #126)
1 Lumen Reclaimer (Set3 #80)
1 Rhum, First Constructor (Set10 #401)
2 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)
2 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
2 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
2 Crest of Progress (Set4 #247)
2 Seat of Progress (Set0 #58)
1 Crest of Mystery (Set4 #266)
2 Seat of Mystery (Set0 #61)
4 Xenan Cylix (Set9 #199)
4 Argenport Cylix (Set9 #205)
1 Crest of Vengeance (Set3 #264)
3 Seat of Vengeance (Set0 #55)
---------------MARKET---------------
1 Counsel of Heroes (Set1085 #8)
1 Grodov's Burden (Set8 #53)
1 Harsh Rule (Set1 #172)
1 Unspeakable Torment (Set6 #218)
1 Martyr's Chains (Set5 #110)

apophenium fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I hate when i win an impressive comeback against someone who taunted me all game and they don't add me back so i can say tough break partner!