Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Is there a list of Goon Eternal accounts to friend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Serperoth posted:

No list, but I could set up a google doc or something so we can post our names.

There's a few names posted around the thread too. And mine's in the OP
A google doc would be convenient

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

victrix posted:

I can't decide what deck I want to invest my shiftstone in for this season to go for Master again :ohdear:

Heart of the Vault, Gorgon Armory, or some variant of those nasty Hooru decks I ran into...

Guess I'll go steamroll with Praxis tokens for awhile until I make up my mind :v:
I'm trying to make a Praxis Tokens deck myself and not having nearly as much luck. As a matter of fact, "having bad luck" has been a running theme for me in Eternal the last few weeks.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

got some chores tonight posted:

rakano doesnt feel that good in the format rn

imo skycrag is the premiere aggro deck and the argenport deck is the better pants deck leaving rakano in kind of a weird spot

rough that both of the replacements (and stonescar) all require significant more legendaries
You can build a decent Rakano deck that you can get to, like, silver in ladder for *dirt* cheap though. Meanwhile, you need a decent amount of tech to get Skycrag going. 4 Champions of Fury are pretty mandatory and 4 Vadiusii are Highly Recommended.

I've been playing a good bit of the praxis tokens ever since complaining about my luck the other day and have been doing pretty dang well actually.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

There's really nothing more satisfying than an opponent having you down to 6 health, having a couple 5 or 6-damage win conditions on the board against just a few lovely little tokens, they're one turn from lethal, and then bam you pop Talir's Choice or a double-Rally and they're dead and they don't know how it happened

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Jekk is a goddamn cheater and that game was not fair at all.
I mean, it told you up front he wasn't gonna play fair.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I got 19 packs, 5,400 gold and 5000 shiftstone from this new patch

Neat

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm playing around with a really silly Bandit Queen variant.

code:
4 Grenadin Drone (Set1 #5)
4 Oni Ronin (Set1 #13)
4 Pyroknight (Set1 #16)
4 Ruthless Stranger (Set1 #11)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Frontier Jito (Set1 #9)
4 Quarry (Set1001 #15)
3 Rapid Shot (Set1 #259)
4 Assembly Line (Set1 #29)
4 Rally (Set1 #33)
4 Shadowlands Guide (Set1 #280)
4 Bandit Queen (Set1 #389)
3 Lurking Sanguar (Set1 #293)
8 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
5 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Seat of Chaos (Set0 #60)
4 Stonescar Banner (Set1 #419)
4 Diplomatic Seal (Set1 #425)
Lots of one drops (including tokens) combined with Frontier Jito and Shadowlands Guide, as well as Lurking Sanguar whose cost can become zero easily. Jito makes it so your one drops can all charge, and Sanguar can be pulled from the void even though it's a 5-cost card. Quarry allows you to discard units into the void so that Shadowlands Guide can target them, making the void effectively an extra part of your hand if you have Guide on hand. Bandit Queen and Rally are the win conditions.

It's not a great deck but it sure is super fun when you are attacking with 5 units on turn 3

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Edly posted:

Jito Queen used to be a Tier 1 meta deck until they nerfed Jito to cost 2 instead of 1.
Oh. I wasn't around when that was a thing, I guess.

Seems I've stumbled upon a broken, nerfed deck of the past. Having fun with it tho

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

goferchan posted:

I really need to craft those loving Sandstorm Titans huh? Also in other news Scarlatch teased on Discord that there are gonna be some balance changes coming with the patch. No nerfs this time, only buffs. Definitely curious.
Like Praxis Midrange needed to be stronger, christ

And I'm like 4 full sets of legendaries away from being able to craft it, too

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Stranger's Mark could probably see some use in a mono or bi-color stranger deck like https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/details/wOXT3ifNCSA/stranger-danger

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Drunk Theory posted:

Ha, though doesn't Vision of Austerity absolutely ruin Chalice. So yah, this is the Chalice expansion.
Yeah, but only Chalice (and Hooru control I guess?) will run Vision of Austerity

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

I beat the Horus Traver campaign. I'm still a bit fuzzy on some of the lore here. Did Azindel create the Strangers by making a bunch of copies of Horus, or did he just integrate him into a pre-existing Stranger hivemind? Also, if the Rebellion already existed before Rolant took over, then what were their grievances, exactly?

I copied a Minotaurs deck from RNGEternal, and I'm doing pretty well with it.
Campaign lore speculation: Considering the nature of the Stranger's Mark card and how strangers work in general, I suspect that Azindel gave Horus the first Mark, and then proceeded to mark various people who had different, unique skills that he didn't. Their memories and personality were overwritten by Horus', but they kept their skills from their previous life. Skills that are unique to them, until they encounter other Strangers.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Count Bleck posted:

Also today I learned Strangers function just like MTG Old Slivers.

In that they apply their buffs to your opponent's Strangers as well.
5-color Stranger mirror matches are real unpleasant for everyone involved

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Nibble posted:

If you're trying to convince me to NOT throw away all my shiftstone into this janky deck, that description is not helping :v:
But for every game where you beat the poo poo out of someone with hulk-sized Crown-strengthened roaches, there's another one where your draw is too slow and you get nuked by aggro, because Crownroach is a very slow deck without a ton of natural removal and if you don't get the right draw the game can be over before it starts

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

uninverted posted:

What's the thread's opinion on the best way to build Feln Control at the moment? I feel pretty confident that Varas are better than omen/gift currently, but I'm not totally sure what the mix of removal should look like. I'm happy with most of this list, but I think annihilate is ten times better than permafrost right now.

I'm interested in the deck because I think it can go a little bit over Tavrod while beating up on the people trying to go way under it.
Honestly, considering the absurd number of multi-color threats in the meta right now, I'm not liking annihilate that much either currently.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

uninverted posted:

Kothonless Chalice is probably the best shiftstone to power ratio in the game, but it takes a very particular sort of person to enjoy it, especially in the mirror.
There are several other decks that are better at laddering at a relatively low power level too, because while Chalice is efficient, it's slow. You can build a decent Burn Queen or Skycraggro deck and play three games in the span of a single Chalice game.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Nibble posted:

So this is my Elysian jank pile:

4 Initiate of the Sands (Set1 #74)
3 Permafrost (Set1 #193)
4 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
2 Friendly Wisp (Set1 #82)
3 Sauropod Wrangler (Set1 #83)
4 Second Sight (Set1 #207)
3 Twinning Ritual (Set1 #79)
4 Ageless Mentor (Set1 #90)
4 Amber Acolyte (Set1 #93)
3 Wisdom of the Elders (Set1 #218)
1 Champion of Wisdom (Set1 #358)
3 Nesting Avisaur (Set1 #225)
1 Sandstorm Titan (Set1 #99)
2 Reliquary Raider (Set1 #110)
2 Twinbrood Sauropod (Set1 #113)
4 Predatory Carnosaur (Set1 #118)
2 Thunderstrike Dragon (Set1 #243)
9 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)
1 Amber Monument (Set1 #420)
7 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)
1 Cobalt Monument (Set1 #418)
4 Elysian Banner (Set1 #421)
4 Seat of Wisdom (Set0 #63)

I think the most obvious upgrades would be Dawnwalkers and more Wisps. At the low rank I'm at I'm not seeing Tavrods and SSTs regularly, but if they become a problem I'll probably want a couple Polymorphs. Not sure how I feel about Sauropod Wranglers yet, they seem like a good fit but I'm often unimpressed by them in game.
Before you start crafting more legendaries I'd advise you acquire two Crystallizes and yeah, full sets of Dawnwalker and Wisp. Xenan Obelisk is a real good card too, going forward.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

goferchan posted:

A draft deck
Swindle is Extremely Good in draft

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The primary rules I follow are "slam-pick removal in-color", "those dudes who give flying to other creatures are game winners if you're playing blue", and "don't play more than two colors if you can avoid it, JT, you're bad at this game"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

teddust posted:

This event is super boring. Choose a control deck, hope you don't go up against your counters.
I dunno, I've been doing pretty good with Praxis Midrange

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

I made a casual attempt at building it, but ended up with 70 cards before power. Gonna have take a more serious look at it later, and maybe have to cut one of the gimmicks.
I’m pretty sure that’s less a “cut one gimmick” situation and more “choose two of these gimmicks” thing.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

victrix posted:

Speaking of Primal, anyone have any cool echo decks that aren't clownroaches? I think echo is a super cool mechanic, but trying to force it seems like a good way to die to anything aggressive.
Makto Echo is an echo deck that doesn't even run primal

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Cowardice is definitely gonna find a home in many sidedecks

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Biggest Praxis Sentinel Tribal is gonna own

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

bamhand posted:

You're giving up 4 damage from your Champion of Fury attack though. When you're racing to get damage in by turn 5 before the Harsh Rule.

Though with cards like Yetipult, Scouting Party, Wump maybe you just want to blaze through your deck for crazy combo pieces and this could be awesome there.
I think the Yeti's shtick coming out of this expansion will be "gently caress removal, there's always more yetis, infinite yetis forever" and proper midrange decks that get established will be their real bane

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

Pretty impressive you've played this long and not had an opponent on an Armory deck. Enjoy it while it lasts, it's a strong deck.
Crazy that you've never encountered an Auric Runehammer, tbh

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

DrManiac posted:

whoever predicted the primal cycle would be card draw with a super lovely body was right.
The Aegis makes this card, imo

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

I found you can with with Chalice just fine without it.
Temporal Distortion ramp basically *is* Chalice without the Chalice (and Chalice-related units)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Chalice is an alright deck that is pretty cheap to construct

It's pretty bad in the post-set 3 meta though