Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
I just played a deck in ladder that got out a turn five Vara that snowballed into more varas and other crap. It was crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
I've got 13k stone to burn. I need two drakes to finish my stonescar deck. But I'm torn. I want a playset of the worldbeater, though I don't have a home for it. I also want to build Spellcrag because it sounds interesting to me. So does temporal distortion. Help.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

goferchan posted:

Icaria is basically why Sandstorm Titan is what it is

If you can keep it alive to be in play when they drop her. But why would they play her in that situation?

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Had a game against a black Icaria as feln. I hit four power and cast rain of frogs. Icaria was chosen.

He conceded immediately afterwards. It felt so good.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Got 55k stone burning a hole in my digital pocket. Thinking about building Big Combrei. Those of you who have it, do you like it?

The other one I was thinking of was Spell/Skycrag.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

goferchan posted:

Big Combrei is cool. What cards do you have left to craft? I've been having a lot of fun the past few days with big Xenan which basically just runs the Time legendaries from Big Combrei and Ayan so you might be able to play that too with a lot of the same cards

I've got about 54k in legendaries to craft if I want Combrei.

I've got three Vodhas though that aren't in the accepted Combrei lists. If I substituted him for another card it would be less.

What's Xenan do that Combrei doesn't?

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
I've been tooling the Argenport deck to make it more effective. I've added some cards to give it a more aggressive early game. I've found I win more now early than later. I'm struggling to decide what to fill the 4 spot with. I started with the Minotaur that gets buffed as you add weapons. But the lack of silence and evasion really held me back.

2 Sabotage (Set1 #252)
4 Dreamsnatcher (Set3 #212)
4 Piercing Grief (Set2 #143)
3 Protect (Set1 #132)
1 Vanquish (Set1 #143)
4 Vara's Favor (Set0 #35)
4 Ashara, Ruthless Assassin (Set3 #220)
4 Bloodletter (Set2 #235)
4 Slay (Set2 #236)
4 Stonepowder Alchemist (Set2 #239)
4 Unseen Commando (Set3 #122)
3 Auric Runehammer (Set1 #166)
2 Bartholo, the Seducer (Set2 #234)
1 Crownwatch Traitor (Set3 #265)
2 Hammer of Might (Set1 #170)
4 Tavrod, Auric Broker (Set1002 #18)
6 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
7 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Argenport Banner (Set2 #231)
4 Crest of Vengeance (Set3 #264)
4 Seat of Vengeance (Set0 #55)

Any thoughts?

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Valk Enforcer, definitely. It's silence on a good body. I'd find room for a full set.

Maybe I'll try dumping the alchemist.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
So far this expansion appears to be more of a Jekk than a Traver.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

Roluth posted:

I could see the Hooru anti-Armory owl seeing play. Dodges a good bit of conditional removal as well.

That card is pretty decent.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
I went up against one that had the gunslinger who makes all your units deal damage. It milled like twelve cards at the time.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
I did forge a lot when I first started to get those sweet rank up rewards. Then I drafted as much as possible. I built a deck around the legendaries I got.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
I tanked in Masters league playing suboptimal fun decks and was feeling really bad. Then I realized that I can play suboptimal decks all I want there and it doesn't matter.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

deftest posted:

Welcome to 1500+ masters, where the players are competent, and the decks are all silly!

I've been mostly playing tier decks in my shameful descent. I've stubbornly stuck to Spellcrag variants. It's so hard to win with it.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
20/20 with 7 tiebreakers got me around 4500. I wonder where I would've been without them.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
The real real question is what game do you enjoy more? I stuck with eternal because it is so much more flexible and feels like there are more options than I ever had with hearthstone.

If you play eternal enough you'll get what you need to be competitive.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

No Wave posted:

They seem fun. For the purpose of finding something to complain about, I think these experimental cards (like barrel and the time one) would be much more fun at rare. Like sunken tower was a cool card that got much less play than it would at rare imo.

I agree. I really wanted to play around with sunken tower but didn't want to spend stone on it.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
The curse has to be applied before the draw is triggered. The channel draw is independent of damage because the draw happens first.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

number one pta fan posted:

Say I don't want to earn every card for free and I'm happy to throw money at Eternal to have access to a lot of cards, brew stuff and play meta decks. What kind of :10bux: am I looking at to have a pay-to-not-grind experience?

My recommendation is to do the following:

Buy the Traver campaign first. It is the only campaign with a card that is undisputedly strong. The other campaigns have useful cards but they are not necessary to have a competitive deck.

Then I would max out my forge rank.

After that I would rare draft. Select every rare you get.

If you want to spend more than that, I would recommend buying a box of the set you have the most rares from to maximize your shiftstone gain. Rare drafting is almost always a better investment when you are trying to build a collection.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

I mean. ICB is a good rare. As is Travod.

And they're from the jekk campaign iirc.

Tavrod is from Traver.

That's true about In Cold Blood, but that's from the latest campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

Wrestlepig posted:

Turn 4 motherfuckers

19 unread messages homie?