Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Does anyone have the list of that haunting scream deck people were talking about? I ran into it after my placement matches and it was impressive, to say the least.

E: do echo cards get triggered by being drawn from the void?

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jan 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

lockdar posted:

3 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
4 Levitate (Set1 #190)
3 Permafrost (Set1 #193)
1 Suffocate (Set1 #251)
4 Annihilate (Set1 #269)
2 Backlash (Set1 #200)
4 Haunting Scream (Set1 #374)
4 Herald's Song (Set1 #196)
4 Lethrai Ranger (Set1 #270)
4 Direwood Beastcaller (Set1 #271)
4 Gorgon Fanatic (Set1 #375)
4 Recurring Nightmare (Set1 #382)
4 Wisdom of the Elders (Set1 #218)
2 Deathstrike (Set1 #290)
2 Feeding Time (Set1 #381)
5 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)
9 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Diplomatic Seal (Set1 #425)
4 Feln Banner (Set1 #417)
4 Seat of Cunning (Set0 #62)

Thanks. I managed to squeeze most of this out after mulching some crap and substituting stuff for recurring nightmares (couple of sporefolk and a desperado). Gonna tear up silver, then maybe work on a zombie clockroach deck.

This deck is loving clowntown holy poo poo

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 16, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Clockroach decks are kind of fun, once you stop putting the wrong stuff on the top of your deck and drawing the same card the entire game.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

ShaneB posted:

I copied a fun little Feln infiltrate list for this Feln 5 win gold chest weekly quest, and when it works it's a loving blast. Is there any kind of competitive infiltrate list?

There's a deck archetype based around the card 'haunting scream' that use cards like lethrai beastcaller and Gorgon Fanatic in a controlly draw-heavy deck to trigger powerful infiltrate effects multiple times.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Hauki posted:

New Jekk spoiler

I'm not good enough to not get owned by whatever hellish stonescar deck this goes into.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Cynic Jester posted:

I think 5 is just a tad too high for what you get, especially with all the silence effects running about.

If it was any cheaper Haunting Scream would work on it, which would be really cool in a way.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
If you're feeling tired, it's probably worth trying a new deck. I just chucked some rakano stuff into a stonescar deck and it's a nice change, and when I get sick of that I'll try clockroaches again or something.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
There's nothing more annoying than going up against someone's loving Whispers of the Void deck and losing because you drew 4 minions the entire time in a stonescar aggro deck.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

The only tier list I know of is at RNGeternal, and the last time I used it, the names were out of date, so there's nothing really like HearthArena. In general, you want to be drafting creatures that affect the board in a meaningful way, efficient weapons, and efficient spells. If you're coming in from Magic, there are signals to read, so don't get married to your first pick and think about when it's time to abandon a faction.

Disclaimer: I am bad at draft. I'm currently sitting at silver. I just joined this draft, and have no clue what to take. This seems like I should pick a common: Seek Power, Mithril Mac or Skysnapper

I'd probably grab the Combrei Healer and keep an eye out for good Green dudes. A lot of the time in Draft wins come from having a serious threat they can't deal with and those 3 hit points make a big difference compared to Hearthstone.

interrodactyl posted:

Starting to get into the groove of this game, and about ready to start my first draft - is there a good guide to how I should be drafting, or relative tier list / value ranking?

You'll probably want to grab 2 colors total, and keep an eye out for either stuff that's hard for the opponent to deal with, such as flying units, stuff with big stats things with good effects like Warcry, or Removal, like Torch, Lightning Storm, etc.

It's generally worth grabbing a couple extra sigils over the minimum, like 17-18.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Permafrost is actually an attachment, like a weapon or something. it's in the same category as Azindel's Gift and a bunch of stuff nobody uses.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Stangg posted:

I've been stuck in Gold 2 Ranked for a while trying out various decks and then I decided to put Aggro Combrei together as I'm working towards big combrei anywhere. It's a very good deck in the mid ranks meta, it has the punching power of the other aggro decks but with the added long game and defense against sweepers, took me into diamond in no time and I fully expect it to carry me to Masters before the reset tomorrow.

I'm just using the stock list from RngEternal:

4 Initiate of the Sands (Set1 #74)
4 Awakened Student (Set1 #331)
4 Desert Marshal (Set1 #332)
4 Temple Scribe (Set1 #502)
4 Vanquish (Set1 #143)
3 Amber Acolyte (Set1 #93)
4 Combrei Healer (Set1 #333)
4 Knight-Chancellor Siraf (Set1 #335)
3 Stand Together (Set1 #334)
4 Valkyrie Enforcer (Set1 #151)
3 Marisen’s Disciple (Set1 #104)
4 Sandstorm Titan (Set1 #99)
4 Xenan Obelisk (Set1 #103)
1 Predatory Carnosaur (Set1 #118)
8 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
8 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)
1 Amber Monument (Set1 #420)
4 Combrei Banner (Set1 #424)
4 Seat of Progress (Set0 #58)

I think this deck is cursed, I'm getting the worst mana screw in the world every time I run this.

E: Mad props to the xenan/stonescar Scraptank deck going around though.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Been playing some Xenan Killer, which is fun but really shows how nuts the silence effects in this game are. Valkyrie Enforcer is in every single green deck and Steward of the Past shuts down entire archetypes on a really solid body. It's really over the top, especially when most of the top decks are either really aggressive ones that go kinda wide and get immediate value, Armory decks that don't get affected by silence, or ones that play the cards with the biggest numbers. Dunno why they're so worried about Haunting Scream or whatever.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Meta's pretty good, you've got rakano, some Jito stuff, the Praxis/Stonescar, big and vodakan Combrei, a bunch of armory stuff, a bit of nictoraxian control and 2 different Feln decks. Aside from elysian decks struggling it's a pretty good meta, at least coming from hearthstone.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I'm not sure. I've only seen people use most of the cards in it but I can't think of anything being super necessary.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

FractalSandwich posted:

What's a deck I can play to counter Armoury? My Combrei decks have lost every single match against it and it's starting to piss me off.

You can tech hard against them with anti-attachment stuff or ways to block harsh rule (Stand Together is perfect for that in combrei) just go really aggressive with Jito, or hit them with a bunch of dudes at once so they can't swing face, like shimmerpack.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I snagged a couple of Augmented Forms. Has anyone ever used these or should I just dump them somewhere?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Not really. Stonescar decks and dips into shadow with control need to be way more careful about getting influence. Stonescar Burn is going to struggle a bit, I guess, but I don't think the meta will shift.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Got to masters with Combrei Flight School. Still a really strong deck, Not sure why it isn't being run.

delfin posted:

CAN you get demoted in Ranked? Because I finally made Gold III and, judging by who I'm fighting now, I'd like to be demoted please.

yeah, just lose a bunch in a row when you don't have anything in the progress bar.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

FractalSandwich posted:

Did you beat someone with a Rakano Armoury deck in Diamond 1 yesterday? If so that might have been me.

I think so but there's 5 billion armory decks around nowadays.

lazerwolf posted:

Do you have a list?

I got this from http://www.numotgaming.com/getting-started-in-eternal-combrei-edition/ . It's pretty flexible, I cut the paladins for an extra Silverwing and 4th-tree elder since they got nerfed.

Units
2 Crownwatch Paladin
4 Desert Marshal
4 Eager Owlet
4 Tinker Overseer
2 Scorpion Wasp
4 Silverwing Familiar
4 Valkyrie Enforcer
4 Karmic Guardian
1 Silverwing Commander
1 Fourth-Tree Elder

Weapons
4 Vodakhan’s Staff
4 Divining Rod

Spells
3 Seek Power
2 Vanquish
2 Stand Together

Relics
3 Xenan Obelisk

Power
8 Justice Sigil
6 Time Sigil
3 Diplomatic Seal
2 Emerald Monument
4 Combrei Banner
4 Seat of Progress

The idea's to go wide and aggressive with fliers. You'll either just damage race aggressive decks that can't get past your lifesteal or remove your dudes, or flood the board hard with the divining rod and hard to remove dudes. Always save a silence for Sandstorm Titans and you'll handle Combrei ok. It really struggles against Rakano aggro/plate since they want to be attacking and you can't really stop them building a warcry dude, but stonescar midrange stuff wasn't an issue. People were still figuring out elysian stuff but it outpaced shimmerpack then, since you win around turn 7.

I once saw an insane rakano version of this that ran soulfire drakes and Icarias, if anyone sees that list I'd love to see it. There's probably an elysian twist as well but I suck at deckbuilding, especially managing mana.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

ShaneB posted:

double vanquish off the top baby

Wasp is more efficient imo

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Somehow mixing a few topics, I'm running 2 whispers of the Void and a couple of enabling void grabbing cards in Xenan Control instead of the Last Words, and it fucks with Armory pretty well. They can't keep up with the tokens and consistent pressure now that the best anti-void guy isn't something you can splash in.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I feel like if that deck works once, it'll work every time.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
This Hooru Control deck is hilarious, you either grind enemies to a standstill with absurd card advantage or blast them with giant Channel the Tempests.

https://www.eternalnexus.com/deck/8ef0fd8a-e610-4e52-a231-50a5b5737fad

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Scraptank Praxis is back baby.

E: Lost a great draft with 1 win because I got hit by a loving Carpet Shuffle deck and got mana-screwed.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Mar 28, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
There's a Praxis, Hooru and Xenan dude coming, not sure what their actual card text is though.

It's kind of disappointing since there's decks for those combos that already kind of work, I want to see if we can get something for Argenport or Skycrag.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
These promo cards are pretty bad, Azindel's hella fiddly for a benefit he can't really cash in on yet and the Hooru guy synergises with weapons, exactly what you go green or blue for. Praxis robot is fine I guess. Ask me again when the new set comes out or someone invents a solid 3 color aggro deck.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 31, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
As a suggestion, if you deal face damage with Overwhelm, it triggers infiltrates, so try out that synergy.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
the Argenport card might be alright with more support, but the skycrag one is going to eat poo poo pretty hard.

E: There might be a TJS deck that works alright, there's just not enough payoff for lifesteal synergy.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 4, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
They see use in Stonescar Burn decks, which is a kind of aggro that uses big spells as a finisher.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I constantly get annoyed at not having enough mana, although most of the time it's when I've got exactly the amount I should have, statistically, and if I want consistency I should stop playing clockroaches or tri-colour divining rod decks.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

No Safe Word posted:

More spoilers from Omens of the Past:

https://twitter.com/EternalCardGame/status/881945950230650880

Of note, a spell with Revenge!

Tock Tick is a clockroach, that's going to be interesting.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

lokipunk posted:

Praxis Roaches makes me super excited.

Nah, xenan roaches all the way

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

bamhand posted:

"When you transform an enemy card not in their deck, draw a copy of the new card."

I don't understand what that means. At all.

If you transform an enemy guy on the board, you get a copy of the card that has just appeared. So if you polymorph a guy into a frog, you add a frog to your hand.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Stranger decks have always been unreliable, but if it works it works.

I've started trying the Argenport Hero of the people deck from Reddit and it's pretty fun. Revenge is an excellent thing to give people, and there's a bunch of nasty keywords like Unblockable that you can grab easier. There's probably a more weapon-y version that works better but I suck at deckbuilding.

"Reddit dude posted:

3 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
2 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
4 Annihilate (Set1 #269)
2 Piercing Grief (Set2 #143)
4 Tranquil Scholar (Set2 #76)
3 Vara's Favor (Set0 #35)
4 Bartholo, the Seducer (Set2 #234)
4 Hero of the People (Set1 #156)
4 Slay (Set2 #236)
4 Steward of the Past (Set1 #287)
4 Stonepowder Alchemist (Set2 #239)
4 Inquisitor Makto (Set2 #242)
2 Oathbreaker (Set1 #521)
6 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
2 Emerald Monument (Set1 #422)
7 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Argenport Banner (Set2 #231)
4 Seat of Vengeance (Set0 #55)

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That's going to get nerfed, I bet. It's a little too nuts even if it gets shut down by relic/void hate.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Edly posted:

I'm trying a variant called Haunted Hero:

4 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
4 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
4 Borderlands Waykeeper (Set1 #517)
4 Crownwatch Paladin (Set1 #139)
4 Haunting Scream (Set1 #374)
4 Piercing Grief (Set2 #143)
4 Tranquil Scholar (Set2 #76)
4 Hero of the People (Set1 #156)
2 Recurring Nightmare (Set1 #382)
4 Silverwing Familiar (Set1 #152)
4 Slay (Set2 #236)
7 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
7 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)
3 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Seat of Order (Set0 #51)
4 Seat of Vengeance (Set0 #55)
4 Seat of Cunning (Set0 #62)

Playing a Haunting Scream gives your Hero flying and charge at least, and adding Primal gives you access to some more aegis units. Every unit is 3 cost or less to be compatible with Haunting Scream, and also because you often want to cast Hero + unit in the same turn. I forget exactly what was in the original decklist, but I took out 4x of the Hooru 2-drop legendary because I don't have it, some Oathbooks, and made room for extra power because you really want to hit 5 or 6 power for the aforementioned combo.

Tranquil Scholar is probably my favorite card in this set so far, it always feels like a ton of value, plus you see some crazy keyword combos. I put killer on a Recurring Nightmare, and found out that it refreshed my Hero's killer ability every time I cast Nightmare.

It's a cool concept but I really don't trust 3 faction decks that aren't crazy control stuff, I've had bad experiences.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Cirso and Icaria are pretty good, everything else is tempting but clunky.

E: Anyone have a list of the new achievements? I got one for playing knucklebones as the last card in my hand

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Some guy on reddit was running a FTP Overwhelm deck and I realised that was a better idea than the combrei/praxis white whale I've been chasing

quote:

4 Initiate of the Sands (Set1 #74)
4 Pyroknight (Set1 #16)
3 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Champion of Fury (Set2 #187)
2 Find the Way (Set1 #513)
4 Dawnwalker (Set1 #86)
4 False Prince (Set1 #356)
2 Purify (Set2 #176)
4 Shepherd's Horn (Set2 #49)
3 Jotun Cyclops (Set2 #122)
2 Cirso, the Great Glutton (Set1 #362)
4 Shatterglass Mage (Set2 #181)
3 Divining Rod (Set1 #109)
2 Sandglass Sentinel (Set2 #184)
3 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
5 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)
2 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)
4 Seat of Impulse (Set0 #54)
4 Seat of Wisdom (Set0 #63)
4 Seat of Fury (Set0 #53)

Just plays like a midrange deck, get some heavy guys out early on then push through tokens or race control (or not). Still poking it a bit. The ramp stuff is mostly gone, I can't really squeeze in the obelisks, and I'm not sure about the influence base. Any suggestions?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It also lets you dump your hand quickly, which can be useful with the high influence requirements. I've tried some bigger stuff like Talir but it's a bit greedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I don't have him, unfortunately, and he'd just get discarded by divining rod. If you've got him chuck out the jotuns or something.

E: soulfire drake would do a pretty similar thing, might play around with it.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jul 20, 2017