Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
titan should be a 4/5 or cost 5 imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

it is rather unlikely a masters player last season is a silver player now especially since you reset to gold iii

i was annoyed by it too but i went from brand new player to masters in like two weeks so

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

from what i can recall, the overwhelm doesnt trigger when targetting allied units

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Tin Tim posted:

Or flash freeze/frost kin. It's a huge threat and probably wins if you can push it through. I would only be swayed by like a deathstrike/annihilate and even then I'd probably still take ringmaster P1P1 but I like feln so I may be biased

Also I was called a poo poo noob who is better at drawing than playing today. Sry duder but your 2/2 kalis is a poo poo play in the mirror and whoops now you die to my 8/8 kalis and my spells

how did ppl message you

also the mirror kalis match seems insufferable

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

netcat posted:

Is it just mer or is there a weird delay for every action after the patch

yea

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

we need ancient grudge

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

rapid shot bumped to 2

:\

i wonder when any card in combrei will get nerfed

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

protip to all: icebreaker is unplayable in draft

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

youre already insanely ahead if you have eye of winter on board or multiple permafrosts and ice sprites resolved and youre probably in a great spot if you play two frostkins you dont want to be playing a card that's only good when youre crushing and does literally nothing if youre not

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

its worst matchups are roaches and maybe feln? oathbook rakano isnt a good matchup if they overtech for the feln matchup

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

you can turn your shiny legendary into shiftstone and craft any other legendary in the world so

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i think id cut scorpion wasp the defensive tool the deck needs (if it needs any) is something to deal with quickdraw against rakano or izzet (fire/primal, can't remember name) since it wants to be the aggro in most other matchups

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Tin Tim posted:

I'm unresonably mad about "versus" quests not triggering in draft. Not sure if it's for all of them but yesterday I had "win 5 versus games with a time deck" and it didn't complete despite my deck having time cards in it. Same with the first win of the day btw :argh:

Also speaking of draft, it seems to have found back to the old speed. People smorc you down more than they did in the first weeks and going greedy isn't the best choice anymore

splashes dont count as an "faction" deck iunno where the exact cutoff is but your deck will show a more transparent power logo for splashes e.g. shadow in armory

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

funmanguy posted:

Nice, I was feeling confident after doing well in forge so i tried a draft. It ended poorly.

honestly forge is a lot more fun id definitely just do forge until you hit master rank in it (and stop getting rank up chests)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

funmanguy posted:

I'm trying to get there but I've lost back to back games on the last AI 3 times now. I wish I could do something about land density in the decks. I know they're not lands, what do you call them? They aren't all relics.

yeah thats actually the big downside of forge i forgot about there is a really disproportionate amount of power in those decks that you cant adjust

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

rakano 5 life

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

buckwheats monoG deck

4 District Infantry (Set1 #134)
4 Finest Hour (Set1 #130)
4 Inspire (Set1 #129)
4 Protect (Set1 #132)
4 Crownwatch Paladin (Set1 #139)
4 Eager Owlet (Set1 #144)
4 Paladin Oathbook (Set1 #140)
4 Tinker Overseer (Set1 #138)
3 Vanquish (Set1 #143)
4 Silverwing Familiar (Set1 #152)
4 Valkyrie Enforcer (Set1 #151)
2 Auric Runehammer (Set1 #166)
4 Mantle of Justice (Set0 #21)
26 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)

mantle of justice is the main reason you want to play monoG so you probably want to get a playset of those

everything else is just good green aggro stuff

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

yea praxis needs buffs cuz icaria is too oppressive

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

good to see they nerfed the only two t1-2 decks that dont play time they were a bit too strong imo

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

rakano doesnt feel that good in the format rn

imo skycrag is the premiere aggro deck and the argenport deck is the better pants deck leaving rakano in kind of a weird spot

rough that both of the replacements (and stonescar) all require significant more legendaries

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

what's skycrag typically run besides 3/2 aegis quickdraw chakram guy? that's the only legendary in my deck

youre right!! everyone should play skycrag now if youre a newbie aggro player

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Is there a good resource for a new player with a history of competitive mtg to learn the deck archetypes for ranked? I think I'm done with the beginning campaign stuff and want to jump right into some real games and learn the cards and archetypes.

id play forge until master cuz you get packs every time you rank up in forge and unlike gauntlet its actually fun (although iirc they made masters forge really lovely with one patch or another but they allegedly rebalanced it)

then hopefully you have enough to start putting together a first deck

i hit masters in ranked with stonescar (r/b) within two weeks of starting eternal so its not particularly hard if you can string together some wins

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

gauntlet really sucks though

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

how to win gauntlet: pick the time card asap

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

time has a 1/4 flying silencer at common!!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

chalice is a deck with crystalline chalice (Once per turn, you may pay 2 and exhaust one of your units with 2 Attack or less. It gets +2/+2 and you draw a card.) and plays a bunch of 2 for 1 dorks, efficient removal, and board wipes to stall and reach inevitability

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

both of those decks play sst despite having no synergy

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

no one knows how withering witch works is actually the moral of the story

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

time's little dudes are all all mtg elves

llanowar, visionary, wayfinder

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i just ran into an armory deck that cast rise for the challenge for warhelm to play on his tavrod next turn the technology is real

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

xenan initiation on a dawnwalker is pretty good (in other metas than this one)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i want bitterblossom

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

draft tip: play 4-5 colour control and take influence strangers over everything that isnt removal/huge fliers

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Speaking of rerolling quests, is it possible to get a gold chest quest if you reroll a 2x silver one? If so I'll probably just reroll my daily every day.

yes

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

no one plays combrei on the ladder; tournament meta has nothing to do with the balance of the game because less than 100 people actually care about tournament eternal

plus an invitational is an even worse way of gauging a meta since testing groups will just play the same thing. 1/4 of that list is just the exact same combrei party deck so its going to look like theres a huge meta shift but really its just 7 guys who tested together and decided to play 1 list

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

sst feels incredibly medium right now

it doesnt impact the board significantly in the tavrod matchup, its pretty bad in the chalice matchup. its fine in the armory matchup (although ppl were just complaining about how good runehammer is in this thread). its pretty good in the fire/x matchups as a cost-pushed large dude. its just a guy in the xenan matchup. the alleged hooru fliers deck that supposedly exists (everyone brews it but no one plays it) probably wishes it didnt exist.

i mean its not bad but its just a dude in most peoples decks right now. using removal on sst feels so bad in a lot of the tier 1 matchups rn; ppl probably have a terrible record if they have to slay sst.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

annihilate vanquish quickdraw praxis displacer are all pretty good its all the 2 for 1s you have to go through prior to 4 mana that really frustrate most aggro decks

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i mean honestly in the stonescar matchup the 2/5 gain 3 is probably just better than sst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

youre right sst is probably a little better than combrei healer