Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i started today and drafting against the ai i got a perfect forge and one of my packs had a legendary but it seemed bad, it was a u/g mentor flyer bird dude. i drafted u/w fliers in forge and it was easy. hooray keeping your cards tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah sorry i have zero idea what this games lingo is i've been playing for like four hours

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

maybe i shouldn't just keep drafting blue white flyers because i've gone up three levels in the forge and presumably this is going to start getting difficult and i am not playing anything different. well, one time i played blue green flyers.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

No Wave posted:

I saw a clip of a game involving someone equipping sword of icaria and oh my god the voice work in this game is atrocious. I urge everyone to turn it off.

a lot of the voice work is cringe worthy but i had a good laugh at "who needs magic when you have bear?"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

is it more efficient to get cards from doing forge or draft

edit: for the record i tend to prefer control or combo and would prefer to build towards control for constructed ideally

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

presumably the white box is covering text and it's not a vanilla 5/3 for 6

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so while i definitely prefer combo and control and plan to build chalice i do have one very important question about this game

in hearthstone playing control is fundamentally incorrect because of the amount of times games take meaning that you're literally always better off playing a deck that wins faster even if it has a vastly lower winrate. since there's no sideboarding here and ranked is just a bunch of match made best of ones it seems like that might be true here too? midrange is always going to be more efficient i assume?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i really wish there was an "unlucky" emote to use after making a massive misplay

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lone Goat posted:

I use "Oops"

oops implies personal responsibility, unlucky suggests that despite my best efforts something outside of my control happened. doing something dumb as gently caress and then typing "unlucky" is literally my favorite thing to do in league of legends

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i absolutely crushed a draft that i thought the deck was only average, going 7-0 with this justice time deck that curved out a little but mostly just went bananas with that 3 mana justice unit that gains combat abilities and buffs itself. when you curve that into the 3 cost 1/1 flying lifelink aegis its jackpot. the 1/5 endurance rally is good to drop afterward too but gaining +3/+3 flying lifelink is pretty nuts.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, Hero of the People is really good if it survives and you can curve out after it.

in my seventh win the guy played some weapon to smash a 2/2 stranger i had for...reasons? i don't know precisely why he did it but then dropping a hero of the people into the flying/lifelink/aegis/endurance/warcry in the next two turns meant that was a mistake he couldn't recover from.

the game before that a mono fire guy used a warp shot to kill another one of my 2/2 doofuses, although to be fair this one may have been flying. again, hero of the people comes down next turn to severely punish that line. i somewhat appreciate that between spark and just whatever other nonsense that it's not always right to just take board control and swing with a power advantage.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I wish I had an MTG translator.

"i hope they print a bunch of busted cards that let you combo off super hard"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so what is the cheapest constructed deck i can throw together to get some value from playing ranked

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont have any super strong opinions about Tavrod because i dont see it down in the dregs of silver ranked and havent played much lately (maybe it has infested the ladder but i play like once a week and may never know) but i do have a pretty strong opinion on the Runehammer chat

if you nerf Runehammer Tavrod still exists exactly in the same conditions that made the other card busted, and nerfing one other card isn't going to do anything about the circumstances around Tavrod. maybe they will nerf him and maybe they don't but if they don't touch him he's going to gently caress up the design around so much stuff and that's a lot harder to fix. it would be neat to see Necropotence 2 Electric Boogaloo in the age of easy access to internet posting though so fuckin do whatever i say

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think its a bit silly to suggest something isnt meta warping/defining because its not literally the best thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i havent played in forever, how is chalice doing these days