Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

WarEternal posted:

This game is cool and actually reasonably F2P unlike every other online TCG right now. Loving it.

Yeah, I'm quite enjoying it as well, and it has the complexity that I wish Hearthstone had. I'm just hoping it also lacks the typical Blizzard kneejerk "balance" that HS has. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy poo poo, just had someone go off on me with a Talir, Who Sees Beyond. That was hilarious as hell.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

JoshTheStampede posted:

Yeah, I have actually lost a game by decking myself out with Talir.

That did not happen for me, but I think I would've hurt myself laughing if it had.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Welp, 7-2'd a draft today and pulled a Deepforged Plate out of one of the packs; guess my red/green warcry deck just got real stupid.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Oh man, the Android release is really nice. Finished a "win 2 as Primal" quest while taking a poo poo. :c00l:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Gold Ranked, woo! Mostly off the back of Rakano Warcry and Combrei Fliers, but man it feels good.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

standard.deviant posted:

Combrei Fliers? Valkyrie Enforcer and...?

I think I saw the list on Numot's site, but it's a lot of fliers like Eager Owlet, Tinker Overseer, Valkyrie Overseer, Karmic Guardian, etc. backed up by anthems like Xenan Obelisk. It was one of their recommended "kinda budget but moving up past super budget stuff" decks at some point. Forget the actual article it's from though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I am convinced silencing a Shithead Titan is the best feeling in the game.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Someone posted this on Reddit and it sounds like my kind of sadistic brew garbage: http://www.eternaldecks.cards/deck/7jPxOPGu9Gyyi6UqGKiCIO

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Koirhor posted:

I know titan is legendary but 5/6 stats for 4 mana is gross

It either needs to be 4/5, be 5 (TT), or lose the endurance (I'd prefer it lose the endurance). Its presence basically makes flight school variants worthless, but I don't think the no-fly zone would ever be on the table for removing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Osmosisch posted:

I'd be happy if more colours had something that could deal with relics though.

Yeah, both Eternal Hourglass and Xenan Obelisk are ballbusters.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ladder reset makes poo poo weird, like me running into a Masters-ranked player. Still won though, even through multiple BSHs/Statuary Maidens. :woop:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

dead in real life posted:

Oh, also love love love that there are achievements. Hearthstone, take notes.

Achievements with rewards. It's nice to look at one and be "hey, I'm close to that!" and go work on it and get rewarded.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Anniversary posted:

This should probably be in the OP but always, always, always draft (if you're done ranking up in Forge).

Basically you can rare draft your way into so much shiftstone value that even if you go 0-3 its okay, and if you can manage to go 2/3-3 its the same gold value.

Yeah, this thread on the Eternal subreddit has great data about how basically even if you go 0-3 and only rare/legendary draft it's still better value than just buying packs: https://www.reddit.com/r/EternalCardGame/comments/5nne8o/why_you_should_draft_rather_than_buy_packs_from_a/

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Hauki posted:

In other news, I had no idea dire wolf was actually based in denver, gonna go knock on their door someday when a draft doesn't go my way~

One of their devs is in my WoW guild and I bitch at him when my drafts go south. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Holy poo poo, I crafted my first Soulfire Drake today and the number of people who just loving snap fold to it is unreal. :psyduck: This is awesome, I can't wait for number two.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Anniversary posted:

Oh yeah, its a huge beating. Though honestly if you're crafting for Rakano I'd do Deepforge Plates + Champion of Glory first. Those two will take you farther I think. (Soulfire Drake is amazing though, even if its Entomb effect is largely irrelevant because after landing it you usually either win or lose because its a 5-drop in aggro.)

Already got two plates and four champs. :) Been lucky as gently caress with Plates being available in drafts, so the Drakes are the last power card that I need for really tuned Rakano.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Koirhor posted:

Running Navani with the maul that has warcry 3 is hilarious

Christ, I bet.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, the Champions and Warcry hammers are way more pertinent than plates and drakes, imo.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Hauki posted:

First luck, then skill, now victory.

People who don't use this one are loving up.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Nosre posted:

rules interaction I just lost a draft game on: if you're facing a lethal attack including that legendary that does Entomb: set your life at 7, letting the other stuff go through and killing it will not result in your life going UP to 7 :v:

Makes sense to me from a Magic background; state-based effects (you are at 0 or less life) would take effect before the "when ~ hits the void, set life" trigger.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, Fast Spells can only act in response to other spells/fast spells, combat, or end of turn.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Deofuta posted:

I consistently manage to blow myself out by blocking with creatures that have quickdraw as if they had first strike, but eventually I'll get it!

Man, that still blows me out too. It's a struggle to remember.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

"Excavate - Excavate can no longer leave the void."

Everything is dumb and stupid. :saddowns:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Koirhor posted:

Its because of that combo deck with copperhall blessing

Yeah, I know, that's why it's dumb. That deck was fun (for me (fun is a zero sum game and I want all of it)).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Jesus christ, finished up Jito with the exception of a second Queen, and this train has no brakes whatsoever, does it? Already blasted into Diamond 3 today alone. :catstare:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Edly posted:

This was my experience this week struggling to finish a "win 5 times with a Primal deck" quest after blowing all my dust on Rakano. Turns out there is a limit to how budget you can make a netdeck and still hope to win - taking out all the legendaries is probably okay; taking out all the rares is not.

Yeah, that was me trying to accomplish Jito without all the Pyroknights, the 3/1 that pulls something out of the void, etc.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

ShaneB posted:

I mean they will have to have set 1 and set 2, etc, packs, right?

Almost assuredly, given the existence of the "buy gems, get 3 packs per set free forever" offer.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Two Charchain Flails and three Smuggler's Stashes is a goddamned laugh riot in Draft. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Deofuta posted:

Marshal has been my favorite for end of turn silencing one of my permafrosted units, or for huge blowouts against the 5/2 dragon. Lots of cool interactions.

Marshal and Valk Enforcer on permafrosted units is so radical, and it tilts people like none other. Had some dude rage-add me to bitch me out about how much I was "cheating" for silencing a Rakano Outlaw for lethal. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Nosre posted:

Does silence work for all iterations of stun? Permafrost, for instance, I assumed the rules text stayed on the Attachment and thus silencing the unit wouldn't hit it.

Same question for Ice Sprite. Do you want to silence it or the frozen unit?

For Ice Sprite you want to hit the Sprite, to remove the text from the Sprite. For Permafrost, you hit the frosted unit to strip the "Stun the cursed unit for as long as it is cursed" text off of Permafrost (since Silence hits both the unit and all its attachments).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Oh man. It probably won't enable a deck but lord do I want it to.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

bamhand posted:

Pretty sure if you rare draft and go 1-3 you still end up ahead vs just buying packs. This game has a pretty generous reward system.

Hell, you're effectively break even if you 0-3 and out.

Plus, the "see a few cards of the same rarity" thing already exists, it's Forge and you keep those cards too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Just lost to some insane red/purple/blue combo deck? It used a bunch of the haunting scream/infiltrate cards but added cabal spymaster and that red card that makes all your units deal 1 damage. It triggers infiltrate so he'd use it to trigger like 4 infiltrates multiple times in the same turn. Looked pretty bananas

Was it the Mirror Image/Gunsmith/West-Wind Herald/Spymaster one? Because yeah, it's inconsistent but holy gently caress is it hilarious if you get it done.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Obfuscation posted:

I guess this means that Big Combrei is the most balanced deck in the game since it didn't get hit with any nerfs.

How convenient that it's also the most expensive! :tinfoil:

yes I'm being sarcastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

delfin posted:

The opponent plays Protect, which grants Aegis... on my bird, which already has Aegis. This has the effect of removing Aegis from it.

Correct. Aegis protects the creature from one enemy spell effect - even if it's a good effect. Levitate is a great Aegis cracker because it cantrips too.

delfin posted:

Also, I'm trying out Diplomatic Seal and I'm confused. If you have 2 influence of ANY color, it has no effect on influence?

If your total influence is more than 2, it gives no influence. If you have TJ or TT, then you can use it and choose an influence, but if you have TTJ, it just increases max power.