Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM7KoxcRS1M

It's been a long ride, or in one case, swim, for our new arrivals to PokePark, the new attraction everyone's trying to visit. As you left the waters of Vermilion City, it felt like the water itself got more blue and crisp as you kept going further out to sea. By the time the island was in view on the horizon, it was as if the place was untouched up until now. A sunny day with nary a cloud in the sky, a soft, cool breeze, white sand, and a well-maintained pier are what you first find as you first step foot onto the island.

As if to answer your immediate callings, immediately off the pier are concessions stands, bathrooms, a lounge area, and a booth or hiring out staff to carry your luggage to the hotel. There's also fishing and diving equipment rentals, available for those who wish to explore the waters and the beach around the island. Right after that, is, of course, the entrance to the park itself. A massive double-archway, with solid stone walls, stands before you, with a trio of tiny ticket booths set up as gatekeepers. From beyond this booth you can see what must be Carbink plaza, notable for it's walkways resembling the titular pokemon's rock-and-crystal body. In the immediate view are souvenir stands in the theme of similar pokemon like Bronzor and Vanillite, park supply shops, a few restaurants and the all-important information hut.

Of course to get there, you need to sign in and show your ticket first. Your tickets tell you which line to take into the park, and each of you are to be taking the "C" line, the rightmost line, headed by a rather sleepy-looking blue-haired fellow who asks you for your name, age, and the name and species of any pokemon you're bringing into the park. Posted next to the booth is a little sign advertising the grand prize giveaway for collecting the 10 Park Medallions from around PokePark, as well as a map listing the various locales and whether or not they have a medallion to collect. After giving your information, he places a stamp on the back of your hand and returns your ticket stub. The island is now your oyster. The ticket lasts as long as you're willing to stay here (and can keep paying for your daily food/boarding/etc).

OOC: As a reminder, a list of destinations is here. Order you visit is a non-issue; scaling will work out no matter how you cut it. Heck, you could go 'splorin outside of the park as the first thing you do and it'll be fine.

• Kid Kingdom
• Safari Adventure Zone
• Rotom-morrowland
• Up-Grade Cafe (No Medallion)
• Pokevision Studio
• Great Gallopin' Gulpins!
• THE BATTLEDROME
• Fuji's Factory Tours
• Surf City
• PokeCade
• Mismagius Mansion
• Snorlax Sleepover Suites (No Medallion)
• Carbink Plaza (No Medallion)

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Jimmy Wigglet, Consul of Caterpies

Bracing. That was a word that gets used a lot on sea voyages, bracing, bracing air, bracing views, bracing. Jimmy reflected on this as he was bracing himself in an attempt to hold back losing his lunch, again. Now was not the time to mention that he really, really didn't do boat rides very well but he got his ticket to the island, and he was being trusted to go out by himself, an entirely new experience he hadn't yet thought could happen. It wouldn't have looked good if he turned around and told mum that he actually really didn't like boat rides. Scuttlebutt loved it though, maybe because Jimmy first caught him aboard a boat at sea, a nautical bug if you would.

It was almost a relief when he settled on port. "Oh thank Arceus, dry land!" He said to himself, as he gripped onto a nearby bollard until he felt better, whilst Scuttlebutt made himself comfortable on his head. This took a minute, and then he joined the line with the rest of the punters, vibrating with barely contained excitement, carrying his own luggage because he was being INDEPENDENT and stuff. And now, here was a very bored looking gentleman taking details. Jimmy reached up and waved his ticket at him, he looked at him, and then turned to a new page in his ledger.

"Name?" Said the boring man boringly."

"Err Jimmy Wigglet mister"

"Age" He droned

"Thirteen and a bit sir."

"Any Pokemon?"

Jimmy looked at the Venipede on his head, it gave a 'Veni?' In response to being referred to. "I think so sir." Jimmy said without a trace of irony what so ever. "Just the Venipede."

He shrugged, gave Jimmy his stamp and ushered in the next gentleman in line. And now the important things, where do I put my stuff for the night? Oh right that place that says Snorlax Sleepover Suites probably. And then we could go... Where could we go? The BATTLEDROME looked like a party, he always enjoyed watching other trainers do battle it gave him some helpful hints, but on the other hand from reading up on the visitors that had come here already the Mismagius Mansion was the best haunted house attraction in the entire world!

Choices, Jimmy was never any good with choosing for himself when given multiple choices. So, he pulled a 1 zenny coin out of his pocket.

18:24 TheNabster Heads is one, tails is two
18:24 TheNabster !r 1d2
18:24 Krysmbot TheNabster, 2 = 2

"Hmm, Haunted House it is... Right after I drop my luggage off." He made his way to the Snorlax Suites.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 24, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Martial Artist Abbie Peck

Anybody getting off the boat might notice a figure climbing up one of the supports of the pier and flipping onto the dock, shaking an impressive amount of water off herself.

"Hah! Nothin' like a good swim!"

She may have missed the boat, but she got a hell of a workout and quite a few stares as she came up. She slings her bag over her shoulder and heads to the line, still glistening with seawater.

"Abbie Peck, 19, one Machop named Bicep! I'm gonna be the first one who wins the island challenge, so don't you forget it!"

"....Did you swim here?"

"Yes!"

"....Whatever."

She got her stamp and headed inside, looking over her map.

"Should probably get dried off first at the hotel, then.....BATTLEDROME YES! How about it, Bicep?"

The little Fighting Pokemon pops out of its ball and pipes in with a hearty "Chop!"

"Haha, that's right!"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Channeler Yuri Scanate

/

Yuri drums his fingers on the ticket counter as the Very Bored Man reads his ticket and attached letter, trying to focus on Droopy happily splashing around in the nearby fountain with someone else's Mudkip and Surskit with an impromptu synchronized Water Gun show. The feeling of cool water in his hair definitely helps, even though it's bone-dry under his hat.

"Sir, this ticket is for use by Pokemon Nurse Program approved personnel only."

"And it s-says in the letter," he says, trying to look the other in the eye, "that the person whose n-name is on the ticket sent me as her r-representative."

"And you have experience in this field?"

"J-junior nurse at the Slowpoke Valley Pokemon Center."

The boring ticket man turns to the videophone in the booth, presumably to call and confirm this, but grumbling from behind Yuri makes him think again, and he shrugs. "Full name and list of Pokemon?"

"Yuri Scanate, and..."

Droopy, having finished playing in the fountain, rushes over and jumps on Yuri's shoulder, still dripping wet, with an enthusiastic "Woopah!" "A Wooper, yes," he finishes.

"Alright, here's your stamp, enjoy your stay."

"T-thank you," Yuri nods as he grabs a map and unclenches a fist he didn't know he was making.

"Woopah...?" "Yeah, I'm alright, Droopy, don't worry." He takes another deep breath before opening up the map. "Let's see...after we check in, how about we look at the Safari Adventure Zone?" "Woopah-pah-pah!"

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Riley Vincent, Spirited Child

Wooow! Wow, wow, wow! It's so nice, and sunny, and look at that funny looking walkway over there, and the fancy stands, and this line-

Wait, lines were boring. But I had to go through the line to go into the park. Did that make this line not boring? ...Nope, definitely did not. Not at all. Impatient, I idly dance in place while occasionally taking peeks around the line towards the way more fun looking part of the park. Eventually, my turn comes to talk to the sleepy man. Poor guy! Had to sit out here instead of having fun inside the park. He looks down at me and asks,

"Name-"

"Hi, I'm Riley! Riley Vincent, and I'm really, really excited to be here! There were all these kids in my class who-"

"-age-"

"-wanted to come here but couldn't 'cause the ticket cost too much-" I continue on while raising all ten fingers on my hands.

"-and any Pokemon?"

"-but my parents bought one for me and Minzy, say hi Minzy-" I lean my shoulder in towards the sleepy looking man to show off my Minzy.

"Min~"

"-and so yeah! Now I'm here!"

"Mhm. Have fun, and don't cause any trouble."

He puts a stamp on my hand, then stops me and hands me a map with a slightly worried look as I start to walk right past the booth. Whoops! My eyes look over the map for a little bit, trying to figure out where exactly I wanted to go, but it was so hard! There were so many options!

"Kid Kingdom? I am a kid... but an Adventure Zone sounds cool too! Tours are boring... and battles are kinda scary... what do you think, Minzy?"

"Min~!" Her tail slapped right onto a spot on the map that I had completely ignored up until this point.

"Oh yeah, the Sweet Snorlax! Mama and Papa said to go there first for... some reason!"

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 24, 2016

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Lisa Alcemene

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!" Lisa ran off the boat at full sprint, before picking up her pokeball and chucking it as far down the beach as she could throw it.

"BRONCO, COME ON OVER HERE AND SEE ALL THIS THING"

"ONN!" Bronco roared, rolling in the sand and charging toward the small girl jumping up and down in front of him. Lisa hugged the onix and swung up onto it's back, holding her luggage.

Man, Dad deserves the biggest freaking high five ever, this place looks amazing!

"Look at all the little booths Bronco!"

"ONN!"

"I know buddy, lets get ourselves signed in." She climbed the mass of rocks to sit overtop it's head as it slithered into the line, which parted for her (or maybe for the onix... just saying).

There was a screeching as Bronco's horn scraped the top of the gate, but he just barely fit. A boring man sat waiting boringly to take her boring information.

"Name?"

"Lisa Alcemene, my dad digs for a -"

"Age?"

"R-rude, I'm 12, old enough t-"

"Any pok้mon?"

With a frown, she gave Bronco a light kick and he opened his mouth wide to roar, lifting her up a few feet and bending the gateway slightly.

"ONNNIX!"

The boring man gave her a stamp on her calf, where he could reach, and Lisa rode out into the plaza.

"Sweet Snorlax first, then the Kids Park, or maybe the BATTLEDROME. I bet they'd all love to see how cute you are." She pressed her head against the pok้mon's and let out a sigh.

"Love ya buddy."

"Onn onnnnnn."

"LETS GO GET SOME MEDALLIONS!"

"ONNNNNNIX!"

And with that the pair was sent down the 'vehicle' path towards the Sweet Snorlax.

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 25, 2016

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
You all, at varying rates, find your way to the west exit of the park, down the paved roads towards a high-rise hotel in the distance. True to it's name, the sign for it has a billboard-sized sign on it with a snorlax enjoying a nap on a gigantic bed. Several minutes later, you actually reach the place, and entering, the first thing that you get hit with is the rather chill lobby music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRDLnG_3tMY

The entire place is decked out like a five-star hotel, with posh stylings, bellboys going back and forth with baggage carts, and a concierge that has a sincere smile upon seeing more customers. When you show your ticket stub to the concierge, each of you are handed a key to a room on the third of twelve floors. It seems the top three floors are penthouse suites, with the first floor also housing the hotel's cooking staff and dining hall. The rules of the hotel are as follows: no pokemon over 8'5" in height or length are to be allowed to roam the halls, be respectful to your fellow hotel guests, breakfast is between 7 AM to 9 AM, dinner between 6 PM and 8 PM, any room services will be deducted from the same account used for all other park services, and, most importantly, please no battles inside the hotel. With that set, you five will, in sequence...wait for the elevators to come down from the tenth floor to the first, after which you may reach your rooms, which will contain a single bedroom, bathroom, walk-in closet, kitchen area with refrigerator and stocked mini-fridge (with notes stating the prices of the items within said mini-fridge), and a view of the road back to the park. Of course, that's for when you get there.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 26, 2016

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Lisa Alcemene

"UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH" Lisa groaned melodramatically, toting her backpack and waving her pokeball containing her best rock buddy. "These rules for size suck, Bronco's a big cutie!" She loudly complains to anyone willing to listen that the rules are cruddy and biased against bigger pokemon. By the time she enters the elevator, the entire staff of the ground floor, the maintenance crew, and a large chunk of the guests passing through have listened to her voice her disdain towards the size restriction. She jumps in the first elevator and mashes the button for the third floor over and over, venting her frustration on the poor machine.

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 26, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Wait, hold the elevator!"

Abbie rushes into the elevator, still dripping with seawater and leaning against the side, breathing heavily.

"Much as I'd love to have to climb from the outside, I don't got it in me right now."

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 26, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Jimmy Wigglet, Majordomo of Metapods

The elevator wasn't nearly big enough, thought Jimmy as he pressed himself into the corner.

He had got his key and his things and was ready to go up to his room with no problems what so ever, and then very loud shouting came down the corridor, and entered into the lift with him. It was a girl around his age, she had no indoor voice.

And then even more loud shouting happened and an older lady, who looked like she had just swam a marathon entered the lift, and the space felt even smaller then before. There was a smell of sweat and sea water and it was making Jimmy feel very awkward.

Scuttlebutt resting on Jimmy's head opened one eye, lazily reared it's head a bit. And then seeing that it wasn't anything worth paying attention to curled back up to sleep.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Channeler Yuri Scanate

"Your Pokemon must be this size in their longest dimension to run in the halls," Yuri reads off a sign by the restroom door while Droopy manages to simultaneously play with the sink and a hot air drier shaped like a droopy eared Fennekin. "Looks like you'll fit right in, Droopy!" "Woo~!"

Yuri picks up Droopy and slides him into the hood of his jacket, chuckles a bit at the muffled sound of a Cyndaquil upstairs frantically explaining why the bed has a shiny new black polka-dot scheme, and walks back into the lobby. Ordinarily he'd take the stairs in a place like this, but considering the movement of crowds, having to manhandle a carry on, and Droopy...

"Hey, wait up!"

It's going to be a tight fit, but it's clear the Venipede doesn't mind, and the Machop seems to think of it like some kind of training. And Droopy just gives an enigmatic, but friendly, "Woopah~!" as he enters the elevator.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

The funny dressed man gives me a key, and then starts talking about rules or something? I dunno, I heard about breakfast and dinner, so that's all I care about! I'm not really tired yet, but since I'm here, might as well drop off all the stuff Mama packed me! Oh hey, there's an elevator over there with a whole buncha people!

"Excuse me! Squeezin' in!"

Wow, it's cramped in here! Like, ow, really cramped. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Oh, wait, the door's closing. Whoops, too late to get off! Still doing my best to dance in place despite not really having enough room to do so, I look around at the other people on the elevator. There's this blonde girl with a hat, this tall man with a hat, this short boy with a hat, and this huge girl with no hat! Like, hugeee. Also, she smelled kinda funny. Also, like, hugeee.

"Wow! You're big, miss!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Abbie, Big Buff Pokepuff

"Haha, you're darn right I'm big, kid!"

Abbie uses the limited space she has to flex her arm.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Lisa Alcemene

"RIGHT!" Lisa jumps. "I forgot what daddy always says."

She turns quickly in a circle, swiping the hat off her head and holding it to her heart. "I'm Lisa Alcemene, rock pokemon enthusiast and general awesome person. Would you all like to join me as I climb the ranks to be the BEST PARK WINNER EVER! WOO!" She throws her hat at that last word, and it plops off the roof and hits the floor unceremoniously.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Abbie, Big Buff Pokepuff

"...Gahahaha! Nice to meetcha, but ya got one thing wrong. I'm Abbie Peck, and I'M gonna be the best Park Winner, hear?"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Lisa Alcemene

"We'll just see about that once I let Bronco out of his ball." Lisa says, crouching down to scoop up her hat, and plopping it back on her head

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Abbie, Big Buff Pokepuff

"I could probably wrestle yer Pokemon with m'bare hands!"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Lisa Alcemene

"I'd love to see that. We should team up. With my awesomeness and your bigness, we'd own the whole joint."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Abbie, Big Buff Pokepuff

"Some big talk for a little girl! I like it!"

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Jimmy looks at the floor counter overhead, it was moving, really slowly. He really wanted to get out of this lift before a poke battle commenced in this tight space.

Scuttlebutt reared up, the hat almost landed on it so now it woke up. And it scratched on Jimmy's head lightly for food. Jimmy wordlessly reached up with a berry and let it eat out of his hand.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

I have no idea what's going on, but now the two girls are yelling at one another? They don't really seem mad though, so that's good!

"I dunno what a Park Winner is, but I'm Riley Vincent, and this is Minzy! Say hi, Minzy!"

"Min~?"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Lisa Alcemene

"Nice ta meetcha. Join me and Abbie, we're gonna be great." Lisa says, wrapping an arm around Riley.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Channeler Yuri Scanate

Poor Yuri--the arguing girls end up shoving him into the back of the elevator by complete accident. He huddles in the back with another boy, clenching and unclenching his fists and wondering if he should cover his ears, while Droopy offers a chirpy "Woo-PAH~!" to the Venipede on his hand.

"Your Venipede's not one for big crowds either, huh?" he says quietly to the other boy.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

I still don't know what's going on, but great is better than good, so that's good! I mean, great!

"Yeah! We're gonna be great! Right, Minzy? Minzy?"

I look at my shoulder, before realizing that Minzy is gone. Huh? What? Where'd she go?

Unbeknownst to Riley, Minzy now has the scent of delicious, delicious berries, which means that Minzy is doing what Minzy does okay. That is, attempting to steal food from trainers. Seeing an opportunity when the two boys start to talk with one another, she goes in for the steal.
<TheFireMagi> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, 9 = 9 Stealth

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 26, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

03:25 TheNabster Don'tchu Steal my Berries
03:25 TheNabster !r 2d6
03:25 Krysmbot TheNabster, 7 = 7

Jimmy doesn't notice it seems.

"No mister. He likes boats though." He was getting squished a little far back from the sudden battle group being formed in the elevator. This elevator was moving, really slowly.

"My name's Jimmy Wigglet mister" He reached up and tapped the Venipede's side. "This is Scuttlebutt. What's yours?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Channeler Yuri Scanate

Fortunately, Yuri has 3d6 Perception. [19:39:01] <Davin_Valkri> !r 3d6
[19:39:02] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 11 = 11

"I'm Yuri. I'm a Pokemon nurse. This is Droopy--" "Woopah!" "--and somebody needs to teach their Minccino that taking berries from other people without their permission isn't nice." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out two berries; Droopy happily picks up one. "But she has my blessing to eat this one."

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Alas! Minzy was caught in her dastardly attempt to rob this poor Venipede of its treat. But what is this, Minzy thinks? She is being offered a berry by the one that has spotted her! Is this a trick, some sort of scheme? Possibly, but berries are delicious, so whatever!

"Min~ccino!"

"Oh, there you are!"

I very carefully manage to turn around in this cramped elevator to see Minzy over by the two Hat Boys, happily eating a berry next to a Wooper. Ducking underneath Lisa's arm, I pat Minzy on the head while she eats. Cheerfully, I turn to the Hat Boys as I return Minzy to her rightful spot on my shoulder.

"Hiya! I'm Riley! Thanks to whoever gave my Minzy a berry!"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
After an entirely too heated and/or awkward ride, the elevator finally delivers the "PING-PONG" that you'd been waiting for, and the door opens up to the third floor. Your rooms are, in order, 301, 302, 303, 304 and 305. Evidently, they gave them out sequentially. Either way, you all certainly have access to all of the aforementioned amenities. There's also a television, not that you likely came here to watch cartoons and whatever the video-on-demand service has or use it's overpriced game console services.

Feel free to use this time to hang out, cool off after your ride, possibly plan your trips together, and make me write up more descriptive fluff for the place you're least likely to spend a lot of active time at!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Jimmy Wigglet, Benefactor of Butterfrees

Jimmy's room was 301, and the moment the doors opened, he was gone from the elevator, the door slamming shut behind him and locked tight.

"Oh boy" He said, flopping against the door. "Next time I'll just take the stairs I think."

"Venipede"

"Yes I am aware." Lugging his case onto the bed, he began unpacking. Scuttlebutt occupied a space next to the television and watched. On top of all the all of the other forms, there was a grubby notebook. He opened it up to a new page, and in between moments between filling his closet and depositing the various things Mum insisted he took talked softly to himself as he wrote.

"Lisa Alcemane, Onyx, Rock type." He said to himself and he gently folded underwear into a draw. "Effective against Bug Types, vulnerable to Fighting, Grass, Ground, Steel and Water, likely candidates, Scisor, Heracross, Leavanny" He waved a pen at Venipede, "You're going to need some Rock Smash if you want to touch that I think Scuttlebutt."

"Abbie Peck, Machop, Fighting Type." He grinned ever so slightly. "Ability to damage Bug types, poor, ability to damage Poison types, also poor. Ability to damage poison AND bug type, extremely poor. Weak to Flying, Psychic and Fairy." He thought about counters for a moment and wrote. "Acquire Bug/Flying." No need to name specifics, it was quite possibly one of the most common combinations of types in the entire Pokemon world.

"Riley Vincent, Minccino, Normal Type." Jimmy considered this for a moment. "Just do the normal battle strategy." He thought a moment more. "Acquire fighting moves."

"Yuri, Wooper, Water/Ground Type" Jimmy finished his packed, tucked his empty suitcase under the bed, and finished his scribbling. "Extremely vulnerable to grass types, plenty of Bug/Grass types, make sure to acquire one."

Plans within Plans, Jimmy liked plans, plans broke down the complicated hurly-burly of the Pokemon world into nice bite sized chunks to be considered and dealt with. Jimmy had one very simple dream that inspired him to do well in school, train hard at his pokemon studies, and religious observe the Pokemon league when ever it's seasons were on.

Complete dominion over the world

Of Bug-Types.

And his own Gym. With like, a bee hive shape, and little bug pokemon around. That would be nice.

But first he'd settle for complete dominion over the park and it's medallions because then, he could be really humbly smug about it to all those people back home who said that a bug types were weak.

He wondered what the others were doing, maybe someone could come with him when he tackled the Mismagius Mansion. After all where you got Ghost types, you usually got psychic types, and Scuttlebutt was vulnerable to Psychic types.

He considered his options, and knocked on Yuri's door a few minutes later.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 27, 2016

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Lisa Alcemene

Lisa bolts down the hall to 105, her room, and sets about throwing her stuff into drawers with no rhyme or reasoning behind it. She then goes to the balcony, and opens her own poke ball.

"BRONCO!"

"ON ONNNN!"

With a skip and a hop she mounts the head of her rocky pal and goes knocking at the windows of everyone elses rooms.

"Let's go let's go let's go let's go! It's an ADVENTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE!"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Channeler Yuri Scanate

The Minccino looks a bit confused, but Yuri makes a little motion with his hand to roll the berry and she happily picks it up before her trainer picks her up. "Your Minzy's quite the handful, Riley. I'm Yuri, and it's nice to--"

The "PING-PONG" of the elevator announces the door opening, and Droopy promptly skirts around everyone's legs to the door. "Woo-PAH, Woo-PAH!" he announces as he bounces on the carpet. "Heh, I guess Droopy's a handful too. I'll see you around!"

--------

The ever-energetic Droopy is bouncing on the bed as Yuri finishes unpacking his light carry-on, pins on the semi-official looking Pokemon Nurse Program ID badge (Slowpoke Valley Pokemon Center has a lot of things, but not a laminator) and checks the map once more. "I'll bet you want to go to Surf City, don't you, Droopy?" "Woo-pah-pah!" "Alright, I'll mark that down as second...Mismagius Mansion..." he shudders involuntarily. "Well, we'll have to check that at some point, cause Ghost-types have so many special needs, but...brrr..."

Droopy hops from the bed to Yuri's hood and begins to tickle his cheek with his tail. "Woo-paaaah?" "Yeah, I'm alright, I just...I guess you weren't around then, but I had a bad experience with a Chandelure when I was a kid." "Woo-paaaaah..." "We'll just...save it for last. Alright, let's get--huh?"

He opens the door to see the boy with the Venipede from the elevator. "Hi...Jimmy and Scuttlebutt, right? What's going on?" "Woopah?" "And is that the little girl from the elevator outside?" "Woo?"

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 28, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Oh, hey, the elevator's stopped! Looking at my key, there's a big 304 on it, so I head on over to that room. And it's a pretty nice room! Plus, me and Minzy get all of it to ourselves! Heck, Minzy looks pretty settled on that bed already. I put down my super heavy suitcase, before rolling onto the bed with Minzy. It was so nice, relaxing like this without a care in the world...

...and then there's a loud yelling outside my window. Like, right outside. But we were on the third floor. Puzzled, I hop onto my feet and open the window to see Hat Girl, um, Lisa riding a big ol' Onix!

"Yeah! Let's go! ...Where are we going?"

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Jimmy nodded his greetings, Venipede stretched himself on his head "Hey Mister! Whatcha up to right now?" Jimmy reaches into his back pocket and unfolds a park map for his inspection.

"I was looking for someone to help me tackle these weird park attractions and thought you could help Mister, if that's okay." His finger pointed to the Mismagius Mansion.

"How do you feel about ghosts? I'd ask one of the others we'd met but..." He seemed to indicate from his tone that being that most of them have level 5 Pokemon and that would mean a lack of things that would actually hurt Ghost Pokemon whilst you would probably have something that would work.

"Of course, if you wanted to go somewhere else, that'd be fine too."

He peeked around him to Lisa. "You can come too I think."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Channeler Yuri Scanate

"Uh, heh..." Yuri startles as Droopy starts brushing his tail again. "I, uh, well...Ghost-types are...interesting to talk to..." He can hear Droopy and the Venipede--Scuttlebutt, he had a name--chattering to each other, something akin to "What's happening?" "Looong story."

"Well, first off, you can call me 'Yuri', not Mister, secondly, don't kids usually to take on haunted houses after dark? Third--" he turns around and points at Lisa through the window, topic change go! "--Wow, I've never seen an Onix rider so young? How do you get him to not throw you like that?"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Lisa Alcemene, Pet Rock Enthusiast

Lisa's eyes light up at the bug kid's mention of teaming up.

"WOO! I AM READY!"

Lisa steered her onix back to Riley's window. "Bug kid says we're gonna team up and wreck some faces, you should come along, it'll be loads'a fun and we could really use more people. Just get on Bronco here and I'll take you over to see the others. It'll be great!"

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Jimmy dismissively waves his hand. "Oh any old house can be scary in the dark Mister Yuri, it's a special kind of haunted house that is still scary in broad daylight." He puts the map back in his pockets.

"But if we're going together as a big group we can always pick where we want to go first and draw lots. It'll be the fairest way."

Let's see, that's 4 people in this group so... "Should we invite the big athlete lady too? She might want to come."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 29, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Abbie, Big Buff Pokepuff

Abbie has, in the interim, done about 25 sit ups, showered herself off, and put on her only other outfit, her Saffron dojo gi (blackbelt, natch) and pokes her head out of her window.

"I can hear you guys just fine, you know!"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Lisa Alcemene, Pet Rock Enthusiast

"ALL ABOARD THE ONIX TRAIN, TOOT TOOT"

Lisa goes about helping any willing onto Bronco.

"My vote's BATTLEDROME"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Abbie, Big Buff Pokepuff

"BATTLE! BATTLE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Ghosts or battles, both are kinda scary, really. But it seems like one or the other is what people want, so I guess I gotta choose too! Which one though? Hmm... I don't like seeing Minzy get hurt, so the ghost house I guess? But the big girls wanna go to the Battledrome. Hm... what to do...

"Okay! You decide, Minzy!"

"Min~?"

Minzy stares blankly at me for a moment, before slapping her tail onto the map without looking.

Having trouble deciding, so let's leave it up to chance :v: 1 is Battledrome, 2 is Mansion.
<TheFireMagi> !roll 1d2
<Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, 2 = 2

"Annnnnnd... Minzy says Ghost House! Yay!"

• Locked thread