Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I wish I could have seen the look on his face when he showed up at the gates of Hell, OP.

Minus me going there myself to see it, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

The Phlegmatist posted:

I feel like The Last Generation is a pretty good insight into Jack Chick's psyche.

Like, this guy thought we were basically a decade away from living in an insane nightmare world where kids are taught witchcraft in school, given free drugs and eagerly report their Christian parents to the one world government for state execution. Strangely, no mention of the Jesuits.

I just can't imagine living day to day with that kind of insane paranoia.

sounds like california

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I like the little jab at the brainwashed kid at the end. Little fucker went to hell and he deserved it.

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
good.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I'm the blurred goddess titties.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Your mama's so fat she's been mistaken for Gaia.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Lol, Chick seriously believed that if you weren't a christian it meant that you worshipped some weird moon goddess or crystal healers or trees or whatever. The guy couldn't comprehend people not worshipping something.

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

what's happening to that man's hand

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Pictured: Me IRL

Blizz Pizz Love Us
Aug 18, 2015

by exmarx

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

T.S. Smelliot posted:

This is really hosed up, I know you're a piece of poo poo irl but still lmao you are ham garbage and no one will mourn when you die hth

I'm still a better person that Jack Chick.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Dreddout posted:

Pictured: Me IRL

Same

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

The Phlegmatist posted:

I feel like The Last Generation is a pretty good insight into Jack Chick's psyche.

Like, this guy thought we were basically a decade away from living in an insane nightmare world where kids are taught witchcraft in school, given free drugs and eagerly report their Christian parents to the one world government for state execution. Strangely, no mention of the Jesuits.

e: oh I forgot about the first panel. Yeah the Jesuits set up the New World Order. Of course.

The wording in this one has changed significantly over the years, based on whatever Chick thought was the most current Fad Belief. I used to have two different versions of this tract, both of which were different from the one posted here. I wish I still had them, but they disappeared long ago.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Bobby won't live long.

BluJay
Oct 1, 2004

I've got my eye on the finish line

no mom very hungry posted:

In the spirit of Halloween, here's Satan doing his best Pumpkinhead cosplay! :spooky:

Satan's birthday is Halloween? I had no idea.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

all work and no play makes jack chi ck a dull boy
all work and no play makes j ack chick a dull boy
all w ork and noplay makes jack chick a dull boy
all work and no play makes jack chick a dull bow

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

genesplicer posted:

The wording in this one has changed significantly over the years, based on whatever Chick thought was the most current Fad Belief. I used to have two different versions of this tract, both of which were different from the one posted here. I wish I still had them, but they disappeared long ago.

Yeah, there are innumerable minor variations depending on Chick's theological focus when they were printed, especially in absolutely crazy tracts like The Last Generation. Here are a few pages from the original version in 1972, a major revision in 1992, and a reprint in 2012. I don't have a scanner, so blurry phone pictures will have to suffice.

tl;dr - The kids think I'm slime because my parents are straight and still married.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Yeah, there are innumerable minor variations depending on Chick's theological focus when they were printed, especially in absolutely crazy tracts like The Last Generation. Here are a few pages from the original version in 1972, a major revision in 1992, and a reprint in 2012. I don't have a scanner, so blurry phone pictures will have to suffice.

tl;dr - The kids think I'm slime because my parents are straight and still married.

I like how it actually gets dumber over time!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Dreddout posted:

I like how it actually gets dumber over time!

That's the magic of Jesus.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I want to live in this crazy hosed up alternate reality where Jack Chick's fever dreams are real and we're all little wicca nazi kids who play d&d

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gutter Phoenix posted:

That faith healer's name?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
At least I know why all the kids called me slime in school.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

its looks like al gore morphed with stephen fry, jesus its loving hideous

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Flight 144 (1998). A couple of African missionaries are killed in a plane crash, and they go to hell because they relied on their good works to get into heaven rather than just accepting JC as their savior. Meanwhile, a murderer who just got out of prison goes straight to heaven because he "got saved" while locked up. It's a heartwarming message.

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0041/0041_01.asp

.but if they are that religious, then they have already excepted jesus and all that poo poo.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

ORIGINAL CHANT DO NOT STEAL

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I have a feeling the couple from Flight 144 are most certainly Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its looks like al gore morphed with stephen fry, jesus its loving hideous

.but if they are that religious, then they have already excepted jesus and all that poo poo.

That's the point. Unless you expressly accept jesus (And check the little "yes" box on the back page of the tract) It doesn't count. I also like how there is a little "No" box, as well, as if it is some sort of mail in poll or something.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
From the facebook comments

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

turbomoose posted:

From the facebook comments

if i remeber that zine bio right, he basicaly survived a ton of hosed up poo poo in the pacific theater in WW2. then at some point he found jesus hard and there we are.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Doom Town is an interesting one. It was first published in 1989, and has been revised several times since then to make the depictions of homosexuality more graphic.

Here is the original version:

Here is the same scene in the current version:

Bonus (also from the current version):

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Jesus himself in the parable with the seeds being thrown on the different grounds (mustard seeds?) pretty much flat out said most people are hosed and won't be saved, and even most who do believe will falter and not make the cut. Christianity straight from the source is p brutal.

One man working all day and another showing up right before quitting time and both getting the same pay in another parable illustrates the concept of "deathbed conversions" and the like. This makes sense if you realize that Jesus preached that all sin was sin, there were no degrees. Even thinking about a sin is equivalent to doing it, necessitating a savior. A rapist-murderer-thief-tyrant who tortures people for fun is equally as condemned as a hardworking, humble and charitable old lady who occasionally gets mad at someone but bites her tongue to save feelings. No degrees of badness means no difference in effort for securing your salvation.

"Works" are just an outward sign of your transformation, a change brought about by your fundamental change of character following salvation. Thus, works aren't required for salvation (you may not have time or opportunity before you die or the world ends), but without them you are damned, because if there are no outward changes in your behavior, there were no truly sincere inward changes, either.

Chick's stuff definitely hewed a lot closer to the unpleasant stuff than not, but he was trying to save you from the otherwise unstoppable and eternal wrath (as a being of pure justice God is required to purge the unworthy) by pointing you towards the only legitimate way out.(as a being of infinite mercy and or goodness God was required to give the condemned an escape route) Chick wasn't trying to be your buddy, just the klaxon warning you about the danger ahead.

I'm glad that Mr. Chick existed, as he brought much mirth to my cursed, heathen heart over the years. Ave Satani!

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 25, 2016

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress, what I would give to go back and live in Sodom.

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Huh wow that's really cool, the 1972 one seems a lot less unhinged.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

a bone to pick posted:

gently caress, what I would give to go back and live in Sodom.

Meh, law books in a couple thousand years might condemn The San Francisco Treat or whatever city is pearl-clutcher shorthand for a hive of immorality

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

The Phlegmatist posted:

e: oh I forgot about the first panel. Yeah the Jesuits set up the New World Order. Of course.

the second panel looks like that kid from a cereal box (?). or maybe it's a reference.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

"I went before the lord and asked if I should hit the whore and the answer was 'yes'."

This is a brilliant legal loophole that I will be utilizing in the near future.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayhawkCSC
Sep 18, 2012

Jack T. Chick was a man far ahead of his time, sir.