Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Korelle posted:

List of things ruined by not turning Roman Reigns heel months ago:

Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins babyface run
Finn Balor's shoulder
Rusev?

The entirety of Raw.

Also, remember when HHH turned on Seth and then disappeared for two months? Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

There was no reason for Mick Foley to weirdly insert himself into the signing.

Foley is brain damaged and is cruel that the WWE is using him whenever Stephanie or HHH doesnt want to do an awful segment.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I was impressed with Curtis Axel last night.

Then, of course, they book him to lose in his hometown.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Curtis Axel signs were being confiscated from the crowd last night for some reason

They really want to be like WCW near its death knell don't they

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dario the Wop posted:

Surely they could better spend their time just filming Dana Brooke flexing and posing in various outfits for 30 min? This woman has a lot to offer (just not performing in a ring).

Send Dana to smackdown. They can hide her weaknesses in the ring while she develops her character. Also one more reason to not watch Monday Night Raw

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 25, 2016

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Curtis Axel signs were being confiscated from the crowd last night for some reason

They really want to be like WCW near its death knell don't they

Uh... really? They just turned him face and then confiscate signs in his hometown?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Really? How does that make any sense?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

artificially stocked lake posted:

Uh... really? They just turned him face and then confiscate signs in his hometown?

The chains are back on

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/OGBrooke_Hennig/status/790718080867561472

https://twitter.com/VikesShaqTwins/status/790716171012104192

https://twitter.com/RealCurtisAxel/status/790777854019665920

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Not that Canada isn't bad in and of itself, but why specifically?

Canada hated Goldberg even before he ended Bret Hart's career. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2iyvem

That was in Toronto.

This is going to be funny.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

DoctorGonzo posted:

Send Dana to smackdown. They can hide her weakness in the ring while she develops her character.
Look at you with your rational ideas. How adorable.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DoctorGonzo posted:

Foley is brain damaged and is cruel that the WWE is using him whenever Stephanie or HHH doesnt want to do an awful segment.

Well then why not just make segments that aren't awful.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oldpainless posted:

Well then why not just make segments that aren't awful.

Monday Night Raw.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
What's sad is that Dana was actually progressing in NXT. She was developing a character, she was getting better in the ring, and the moment she went to RAW she just went backwards.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Dana still rules though.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

DoctorGonzo posted:

Send Dana to smackdown. They can hide her weaknesses in the ring
Why would you want to get rid of the most entertaining part of her?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pressedbunny posted:

Why would you want to get rid of the most entertaining part of her?

Because i think beneath the trainwreck factor she could be an entertaining part of the women roster.

Dana-Asuka was a fun match. We all know that Asuka is the best woman on the roster right now but Dana did her parts pretty well. Is a shame they rushed her to Raw and is unfair, for her and for Bayley, to be on the same show with all that divas revolution crap while they are given awful material to work with. The womens division should have been on SmackDown: Live a.k.a the good show.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 25, 2016

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the Axel thing is an attempt at gaining anti-establishment credibility for him in a "grass roots" way and hoping that it spreads. Dewey Foley wrote a few pages on the storyline and where it goes if it works, which impressed Vince enough to greenlight the whole thing immediately

source: Wade Keller

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cavauro posted:

the Axel thing is an attempt at gaining anti-establishment credibility for him in a "grass roots" way and hoping that it spreads. Dewey Foley wrote a few pages on the storyline

source: Wade Keller

The Foley Family is cancer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cane dewey

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Only caught bits and pieces of the show. Was the crowd dead all night? Because Axel had to cheap-pop twice just to get reactions from his hometown crowd.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Only caught bits and pieces of the show. Was the crowd dead all night? Because Axel had to cheap-pop twice just to get reactions from his hometown crowd.

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/w59c.mp4?token=1478621050_b241ecd5291f4a9509a89ae06a2c58ab2b6f7278

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I wish we could transplant the overness and pure charisma of enzo into literally anyone who can wrestle because man, enzo is bad, which is sad

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MinibarMatchman posted:

I wish we could transplant the overness and pure charisma of enzo into literally anyone who can wrestle because man, enzo is bad, which is sad

No he isn't. He is fine in the ring.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Foley promo bad yall

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Curtis Axel deserves a push because I like his theme song. Also his promo to rile up his hometown was good and cool.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Instead of sending Dana to Smackdown they should just give her the title on Raw, which they will at Wrestlemania.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i thought the opening 20 minutes of raw were pretty okay but man did it fall off a cliff after that

never thought id see paul heyman cut a lovely promo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

oatgan posted:

Instead of sending Dana to Smackdown they should just give her the title on Raw, which they will at Wrestlemania.

I'd love this. put her in a fatal 4 way with the other 3 women and have her powerbomb all of them on the apron

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

CobiWann posted:

I was impressed with Curtis Axel last night.

Then, of course, they book him to lose in his hometown.
They never should've gotten rid of YEEE.

Tato posted:

I'm not sure hearing a non-stop "Roman Reigns" chant for 3 hours is going to make RAW any more watchable.
My favorite part of Roman Reigns chants when he actually gets one is that they can never decide how many syllables to chant.

"RO-MAN-REIGNS"
"RO-MAN-RAY-AYNS"

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Also Mick's promo was so loving dumb. He starts by telling everyone women can do anything, including murdering themselves in a steel cage, then spends 7 minutes yelling and Micksplaining to the frail ladies how awful the cell is and how they shouldn't do it. He does not say these things to the men who will also being doing the cell match that night.

gently caress Raw.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vaguido posted:

Also Mick's promo was so loving dumb. He starts by telling everyone women can do anything, including murdering themselves in a steel cage, then spends 7 minutes yelling and Micksplaining to the frail ladies how awful the cell is and how they shouldn't do it. He does not say these things to the men who will also being doing the cell match that night.

gently caress Raw.

Womens revolution!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

that was a scary side of mick i'd rather not see again

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the womens' revolution was cool until they started pointing it out and patting themselves on the back for doing basic stuff like 'letting women have matches that aren't poo poo' and 'pretending that the belts vaguely mean something' and 'having storylines that aren't about farts'

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
What's annoying about telling people to not do a match is that he makes the loving match. How about don't have a ppv's named after the match you don't want.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Efexeye posted:

that was a scary side of mick i'd rather not see again

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

the womens' revolution was cool until they started pointing it out and patting themselves on the back for doing basic stuff like 'letting women have matches that aren't poo poo' and 'pretending that the belts vaguely mean something' and 'having storylines that aren't about farts'

Smackdown has a better womens division with just competent booking. There is a good woman wrestler vs a bad women wrestler who are fighting for a belt. There is no need for WOMENS REVOLUTION!, MAKING HISTORY or botch filled matches. They know how to write competent angles, the fact that they choose not to is a mistery to me.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 25, 2016

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Smackdown has a better womens division with just competent booking. There is a good woman wrestler vs a bad women wrestler who are fighting for a belt. There is no need for WOMENS REVOLUTION!, MAKING HISTORY or botch filled matches. They know how to write competent angles, the fact that they choose not is a mistery to me.

When you remember that the entire point of the WOMENS REVOLUTION/MAKING HISTORY poo poo is to get specifically Steph and HHH over, it makes more sense.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vaguido posted:

gently caress Raw.

pretty succinct take on why this whole promo was bad. also eddiesploitation. it's eons below how SD just lets them fight and lets most of them look ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Endorph posted:

Remember the Submission Sorority

Remember the teams fighting over the right to be the leaders of the Women's Revolution while totally ignoring the title

• Locked thread