Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I skipped Raw, did they actually say Goldberg is coming back next week? Because that's a terrible idea. I'd have kept him off TV until the go-home show, where they just do a quick staredown and pull apart with like 200 people trying desperately to not have Goldberg and Brock destroy the entire building and everyone in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm listening to WOR and holy poo poo did Roman really say he hasn't made it personal with Rusev?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Not that Canada isn't bad in and of itself, but why specifically?

:canada:
Hey buddy, what is this aboot? Aren't we friends? Haven't we given so much to our poor southern neighbours? Rush? Degrassi High? Trailer Park Boys? Red Green Show? Kids in the Hall? Little Mosque on the Prairie? Ginger Snaps? The Unicorns? Skinny Puppy? Bill Shatner? Bret Hart? Tim Hortons? Save-Ons? Safeways? Edge? Christian? Jericho? KO? Return of classic Hulk Hogan (I'm sowry), Arcade Fire (sowry again), Nickleback (goddamit)?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Weeks and weeks of hype, a whole tournament show dedicated to presenting it, and the Cruiserweight division is already down to a cumulative 10 minutes of a 3 hour show.

Stay in Japan, Tozawa. :ohdear:

I'm sure glad Tozawa gets to go from star performer in a 37 minute showcase main event to bit part in nothing 5 minute segments. That'll be great.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dimebags Brain posted:

I'm sure glad Tozawa gets to go from star performer in a 37 minute showcase main event to bit part in nothing 5 minute segments. That'll be great.

Hey maybe he will go to the good show where everyone flourishes and join his good buddy Apollo Cre-ah. hmm.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

would you rather have randy orton or bray wyatt do a feud with AJ next

bonus option: akira tozawa gets lost in transit and ends up in SD

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

Akira Tozawa making money will be good, yes.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I want Bray to feud for the title. And win.

RUN

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vaguido posted:

I want Bray to feud for the title. And win.

RUN

MODS?!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

Great for his health

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm investigating the matter

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Actually now that I think about it Tozawa and Crews would be really cool in the SD tag division

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

projecthalaxy posted:

Hey maybe he will go to the good show where everyone flourishes and join his good buddy Apollo Cre-ah. hmm.

I also agree that someone who actually has personality would probably get over when given the time, which SD seems to know how to do, yes.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

VJeff posted:

I'm listening to WOR and holy poo poo did Roman really say he hasn't made it personal with Rusev?

He sure did, friend

I'm with Alvarez on this one: Rusev is the babyface in that feud

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

oatgan posted:

I'm investigating the matter

You can't stop me and my good opinions

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

With Mick being so fired up and concerned for Charlotte and Sasha trying to beg them away from HIAC, where was his messages to Kevin and Rusev? Does he just want them to get hurt instead? These are the real questions.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MIck loves women and doesn't care about the men

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Mick did pretty much the exact same promo leading up to the Seth/Dean cell, so I'm not seeing how it's sexist.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'm just #askingquestions

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

81sidewinder posted:

Mick did pretty much the exact same promo leading up to the Seth/Dean cell, so I'm not seeing how it's sexist.

I'm pretty sure that Foley also gave Seth and Owens the Cell talk last week or the week before.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ever since HIAC became a PPV they trot out Mick every year to scream about how dangerous and what a career-ender it is, even though WWE HIAC matches have been lame and watered down for years.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Dean/Seth and Taker/Shane matches had some really rough bumps in them, thankfully. I hate to say "thankfully" but if we're going to pretend this match is some kind of life changing event they should at least work it that way. I'd prefer the illusion of brutality (blood) to guys falling through things from high places during a ponderous match but this is what we have to work with in 2016. Hope the women do something different from the US and Universal Championship matches to stand out. They'll work a faster pace but I hope they don't do too much and flame out.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 25, 2016

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Blood rules and I wish there was more in WWE.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Charlotte taking a page from her father and putting on the crimson mask would loving own, which is why it will never, ever happen.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Vaguido posted:

Micksplaining to the frail ladies how awful the cell is and how they shouldn't do it.

you clearly dont understand how the terminology you're trying to ape works.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

charlotte should get her ear cut off and then job to vader

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

81sidewinder posted:

I'm a social justice warrior, and a pua, and I don't think we should need to search for reasons why that segment was bad.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Benne posted:

Ever since HIAC became a PPV they trot out Mick every year to scream about how dangerous and what a career-ender it is, even though WWE HIAC matches have been lame and watered down for years.

Is it really that bad if you don't climb to the top of the cage? Hell you don't even have to leave the ring if you don't really want to.

On a side note, apparently Heyman only got through half of the planned promo before the killed the segment by just cutting Brock's music on. Kinda curious what he was supposed to say cause even without the crowd boos that segment seemed like it hit a dead end.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blaise330 posted:

Is it really that bad if you don't climb to the top of the cage? Hell you don't even have to leave the ring if you don't really want to.

On a side note, apparently Heyman only got through half of the planned promo before the killed the segment by just cutting Brock's music on. Kinda curious what he was supposed to say cause even without the crowd boos that segment seemed like it hit a dead end.

Paul Heyman was always bad.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Mick should have called out all of the participants from the three different cell matches and had them stand in the ring and lecture them all about how the match is dangerous and is going to shorten their careers and how he was a stupid loving idiot for booking them all into it for no reason other than the fact that that's the name of the pay per view special event.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

I liked that time he did it to Edge and it wasn't out of concern, it was him trying to get Edge ready for Taker and HIAC and how if anyone could not only survive it but thrive in it, it was Edge

I miss Edge and Christian every single day

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It really is weird to lecture wrestlers about a match that the company has a show named after.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Blaise330 posted:

I feel like Heyman knew the segment would go over like a wet fart and didn't really make an attempt to save it. By the time Brock starts laughing you can just see his face like "yeah, this went about as expected."

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

mick should back a hay truck up to the cell to catch anyone from falling off

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tweak posted:

mick should back a hay truck up to the cell to catch anyone from falling off

He should wear an oversized catchers mitt.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Tato posted:

I'm not sure hearing a non-stop "Roman Reigns" chant for 3 hours is going to make RAW any more watchable.

Worked for Goldberg

FAROOQ posted:

you clearly dont understand how the terminology you're trying to ape works.

A man (mick foley) was explaining to women (charlotte and sasha banks) who are CHAMPIONS IN THE SAME FIELD AS HIM why they were stupid and wrong to think they could compete in the same match as him. Seems like some classic wrestlemansplaining to me

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 25, 2016

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

I liked that time he did it to Edge and it wasn't out of concern, it was him trying to get Edge ready for Taker and HIAC and how if anyone could not only survive it but thrive in it, it was Edge

I miss Edge and Christian every single day

"I understand Mick"

*beats the poo poo out of Mick Foley for 5 minutes*

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

"I understand Mick"

God I loved that angle.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The thing that sucks is they only bring up Vickie signing the match because Edge cheated on her, not the Foley moment or that it was the blow off for a great year and a half long feud between Edge and Undertaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

"I understand Mick"

A+ segment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSHSzRCLNVg

• Locked thread