Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MrSargent posted:

I would go Fitz since the Carolina secondary is trash and then I would go Newton.

Seconding this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Saw Jim Bob say Tate is the focal point of the offense going forward. Sitting Marvin for ARob and keeping JMatt in. gently caress it.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Saw Jim Bob say Tate is the focal point of the offense going forward. Sitting Marvin for ARob and keeping JMatt in. gently caress it.

Alright, but don't forget that Marvin Jones was drawing coverage from Josh Norman all game against the Redskins. As soon as Norman went down after that deep bomb to him, Jones caught a few more passes. I would be surprised if Tate didn't start drawing the top corner in coverage going forward.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

MrSargent posted:

Alright, but don't forget that Marvin Jones was drawing coverage from Josh Norman all game against the Redskins. As soon as Norman went down after that deep bomb to him, Jones caught a few more passes. I would be surprised if Tate didn't start drawing the top corner in coverage going forward.

I want to die.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
Need 3 RB and 2 WR, Full PPR

Christine Michael @ NO
Spencer Ware @ IND
Devontae Booker vs SD

Lamar Miller vs DET
Jamaal Charles @ IND (no)

DeAndre Hopkins vs DET
Quincy Enunwa @ CLE

Jeremy Maclin @ IND
Travis Benjamin @ DEN
Dez Bryant vs PHI
Donte Moncrief vs KC

In theory I could do 3 WR 2 RB, but given the quality of my roster you'd have to be pretty convincing. Miller currently benched because he's listed questionable and if I get hit by a bus I don't want my last influence on earth to be losing because I started a DNP.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

LmaoTheKid posted:

I want to die.

The feeling is mutual. I'm a Jones owner so I could just be bullshitting myself, but Norman was definitely covering Jones all game until he was injured.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

smoothitron posted:

Need 3 RB and 2 WR, Full PPR

Christine Michael @ NO
Spencer Ware @ IND
Devontae Booker vs SD

Lamar Miller vs DET
Jamaal Charles @ IND (no)

DeAndre Hopkins vs DET
Quincy Enunwa @ CLE

Jeremy Maclin @ IND
Travis Benjamin @ DEN
Dez Bryant vs PHI
Donte Moncrief vs KC

In theory I could do 3 WR 2 RB, but given the quality of my roster you'd have to be pretty convincing. Miller currently benched because he's listed questionable and if I get hit by a bus I don't want my last influence on earth to be losing because I started a DNP.

I wouldn't change any of that.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

MrSargent posted:

The feeling is mutual. I'm a Jones owner so I could just be bullshitting myself, but Norman was definitely covering Jones all game until he was injured.

Fine. I'm sitting JMatt. Starting ARob, Marvin, and Jimmy Graham. Still not happy.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

LmaoTheKid posted:

Fine. I'm sitting JMatt. Starting ARob, Marvin, and Jimmy Graham. Still not happy.

Is there such a thing as a happy fantasy football player?

Aaaand my 2-year-old daughter immediately said "no" after I spoke that into my phone. :v: :3:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Quiet Feet posted:

Aaaand my 2-year-old daughter immediately said "no" after I spoke that into my phone. :v: :3:

"Mostly content" is probably the closest you get when you look over your set roster.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Your daughter knows things I should have learned years ago.

And that is adorable.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

"Mostly content" is probably the closest you get when you look over your set roster.

I think I've just barely reached that after a win. Usually it's a looming dread of the next game.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
.5 PPR, .5 40+ yard run/rec bonuses

Need 2 WR and a flex from:

T.Y. Hilton vs KC
Allen Robinson @ TEN
Jacquizz Rodgers vs OAK
Bilal Powell @ CLE
Jeremy Maclin @ IND
Alshon Jeffery vs MIN
Duke Johnson vs NYJ

I think it's roughly that order, but goddamn starting ARob doesn't make me feel good.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MrSargent posted:

Your daughter knows things I should have learned years ago.

And that is adorable.

I dunno y'all, I'm pretty happy with my 4 starting RBs (but I can only start 3) that have amazing matchups this week.

Now of course I say that and watch me lose to the guy who is starting Chris Ivory as his RB2 and just traded away Jeremy Hill for Doug Martin.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

pubic works project posted:

I dunno y'all, I'm pretty happy with my 4 starting RBs (but I can only start 3) that have amazing matchups this week.

Oh I'm very happy with all of my RB options but I will fiddle with who is actually starting until I go to sleep Saturday night.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I am rolling out Robinson again in .5 ppr and sitting Matthews and Crowder.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh I'm very happy with all of my RB options but I will fiddle with who is actually starting until I go to sleep Saturday night.

Ruxin-san!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Now of course I say that and watch me lose to the guy who is starting Chris Ivory as his RB2 and just traded away Jeremy Hill for Doug Martin.

If the perfect matchup scenario for your awesome RB's doesn't fill you with an impending sense of doom, then you aren't doing it right.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

This week I'm up against the guy whose team has

Drew Brees
Zeke Elliot
Larry Fitz
Gronk
Brandin Cooks
Lions D wait for it... vs Brock Osweiler.

He apparently noticed that the Seahawks defense for going up against Drew Brees and withdrew them. Rats. On the other hand, he still thinks that Brees against the Hawks is a better match-up then Matt Ryan against Green Bay apparently. Just praying to God he doesn't change that one. I was hoping he wouldn't notice that CJ Anderson was on IR, but he swapped in Isaiah Crowell.

Edit: long story short, nope, not optimistic.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 27, 2016

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MrSargent posted:

If the perfect matchup scenario for your awesome RB's doesn't fill you with an impending sense of doom, then you aren't doing it right.

Oh it does...just not this week.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Allen Robinson @ten
Demaryius Thomas v SDC

.5 ppr. Can't trust ARob, but last time DThom played SD he was kept in check.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My starting lineup in one 1ppr league this week:

Trevor Siemian
Bilal Powell (limited practice today, didn't practice earlier this week)
Peyton Barber (backup to jaquizz)
Emmanual Sanders
Ty Montgomery (NFL.com does not have him designated as RB, so he's in a WR slot)
Vernon Davis (limited practice this week, probably worthless if jordan reed plays)
Will Fuller (in my WR/RB flex spot)
Jordan Matthews (in my WR/TE flex spot)
A kicker
Eagles D/ST
Paul Posluszny (IDP guy).

My bench:
Eli Manning (BYE)
Carson Palmer (limited practice, @CAR, inexplicably sucks this year)
LeVeon Bell (BYE)
Doug Martin (didn't practice, had a setback, but still not on IR)
Sterling Shepard (BYE)
Adam Thielen @ CHI
Sammy Watkins (In my IR slot).

My RB situation is loving dire. I'm 2-5 so just losing this week is a really bad idea. This is a 14-team league so the waiver wire is picked clean. If Bilal Powell doesn't play, I'll have to drop either him or one of my bench guys for a third string RB. If Jordan Reed plays, I'll have to drop Vernon for a waiver tight end. I had to drop Tyrod Taylor to get Siemian, because he's probably somehow better than Carson Goddamn Palmer, but I can't quite bring myself to outright drop Palmer because what if he gets good again? I dropped Victor Cruz for Ty, because it can't be any worse and I'm obviously too invested in the Giants.

Does anyone see a way out here? Should I start Thielen over Fuller? Someone tell me Doug Martin is going to play soon, please, god.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Pick 1 in .5 PPR

ARob @ TEN
Tyrell Williams @ DEN
Beasley vs PHI
Hurns @ TEN

I have a much stronger team than my opponent if that plays into floor/ceiling strategies.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Allen Robinson @ten
Demaryius Thomas v SDC

.5 ppr. Can't trust ARob, but last time DThom played SD he was kept in check.

I would probably go DThomas over ARob. Even though he didn't have a great game against the Chargers last time, Thomas had a team-leading 10 targets, and the Chargers are still without Jason Verrett, their best corner. I would expect him to do better this time.

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Pick 1 in .5 PPR

ARob @ TEN
Tyrell Williams @ DEN
Beasley vs PHI
Hurns @ TEN

I have a much stronger team than my opponent if that plays into floor/ceiling strategies.

I think the best floor is Beasley, ceiling is Tyrell Williams if he is healthy.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 27, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Being fantasy champion is living in the highest ring of hell known as "Mildly Irritating".

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I would probably go DThomas over ARob. Even though he didn't have a great game against the Chargers last time, Thomas had a team-leading 10 targets, and the Chargers are still without Jason Verrett, their best corner. I would expect him to do better this time.

I was already leaning DThom and this pushes it over for me. Didn't know about Verett still being out.

Here's another:

1 ppr
Julius Thomas @Ten
Travis Kelce @Ind

Since Julius is playing I'm not sure if I should play Kelce. KC just runs it a million times a game. Both are pretty flaky I admit.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

I was already leaning DThom and this pushes it over for me. Didn't know about Verett still being out.

Here's another:

1 ppr
Julius Thomas @Ten
Travis Kelce @Ind

Since Julius is playing I'm not sure if I should play Kelce. KC just runs it a million times a game. Both are pretty flaky I admit.

I would probably just stand pat with Kelce here, and this is coming from another Kelce owner who is less than thrilled with his performance. You can't get a much sweeter matchup than the Indy D, and Orange Julius seems much too dependent on touchdowns for points.

I am deciding between Kelce and Eifert this week and was even leaning Kelce due to matchup and that Eifert hasn't had a real full game yet.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I would probably just stand pat with Kelce here, and this is coming from another Kelce owner who is less than thrilled with his performance. You can't get a much sweeter matchup than the Indy D, and Orange Julius seems much too dependent on touchdowns for points.

I am deciding between Kelce and Eifert this week and was even leaning Kelce due to matchup and that Eifert hasn't had a real full game yet.

Thanks, I had the same thought about Julius being td dependent. Just wasn't sure where Kelce falls anymore.

E: haha.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 28, 2016

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
0.5 PPR

Terrelle Pryor v. NYJ
or
Ty Montgomery @ ATL

Pryor is a bit injured but Josh McCown should be back. Montgomery has had a couple of good weeks but I don't know how consistent his usage will be with Knile Davis learning the playbook (?) THANKS.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Due to bye week blues I have to start Matt Jones @Cin.

Apparently he's hurt and might miss the game. If that happens I will have to drop him for one of the following:

Mike Gillislee v NE
Chris Thompson @ Cin
Bilal Powell @ Cle

In .5 PPR who do I go with? Do I play any of them over Matt Jones even if he plays?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Epi Lepi posted:

Due to bye week blues I have to start Matt Jones @Cin.

Apparently he's hurt and might miss the game. If that happens I will have to drop him for one of the following:

Mike Gillislee v NE
Chris Thompson @ Cin
Bilal Powell @ Cle

In .5 PPR who do I go with? Do I play any of them over Matt Jones even if he plays?

Thompson if Jones doesn't play. Possibly even if Jones does play. Iirc Thompson is Washington's pass-catching back, and I think Jones is going to lose some time because he's developed fumbleitis.

Edit: \/\/\/ if that's the case I have no idea.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 28, 2016

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Everything I've read points to Robert Kelley starting and Chris Thompson remaining the passing down back.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Everything I've read points to Robert Kelley starting and Chris Thompson remaining the passing down back.

Speaking of which...

Who looks best as a flex in ESPN 0 ppr this weekend?

Jamison Crowder @ CIN
Tyrell Williams @ DEN
Robert Kelley @CIN

Bold is my current pick

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

timp posted:

Speaking of which...

Who looks best as a flex in ESPN 0 ppr this weekend?

Jamison Crowder @ CIN
Tyrell Williams @ DEN
Robert Kelley @CIN

Bold is my current pick

Keep Crowder for his touchdown upside. Williams goes against Denver and who knows how many touches Kelley will actually get and what he will do with them.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Theo Riddick has lost his injury letter. Any of these guys I should sit for him in full PPR?

Lamar Miller
Spencer Ware
TY Hilton
Allen Robinson (too late)
Marvin Jones

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If Lamar can't go this week who should replace him:

Giovani v WAS
Gillislee vs NE
Latavius @TBB
MarvinJones @HOU
BMarsh @CLE
TyMont @ATL

.5 ppr for WR, .75 ppr for RB

The other guys in my lineup are: Ware, Jacquizz, Mike Evans, Demaryius.

kiimo posted:

Theo Riddick has lost his injury letter. Any of these guys I should sit for him in full PPR?

Lamar Miller
Spencer Ware
TY Hilton
Allen Robinson (too late)
Marvin Jones

If Miller can't play swap in Theo. Other than that no worries.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 28, 2016

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer
1 PPR, need one for my flex

Devontae Booker vs. SD
Alshon Jeffrey vs. MIN
Willie Snead vs. SEA

Thoughts? Fantasypros says Booker but figured I'd double check anyway

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Styliferous posted:

1 PPR, need one for my flex

Devontae Booker vs. SD
Alshon Jeffrey vs. MIN
Willie Snead vs. SEA

Thoughts? Fantasypros says Booker but figured I'd double check anyway

I'd go Booker.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

If Lamar can't go this week who should replace him:

Giovani v WAS
Gillislee vs NE
Latavius @TBB
MarvinJones @HOU
BMarsh @CLE
TyMont @ATL

.5 ppr for WR, .75 ppr for RB

The other guys in my lineup are: Ware, Jacquizz, Mike Evans, Demaryius.

Come with me on the LMurray train, TB run defense is trash! I think its close, but I would probably go with BMarsh here with Decker out and Fitz back starting against the lolBrowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Come with me on the LMurray train, TB run defense is trash! I think its close, but I would probably go with BMarsh here with Decker out and Fitz back starting against the lolBrowns.

Yeah I've been leaning LMurray or BMarsh. LMurray continues to be the best back in that backfield, but the shared touches continue to bug me.

e: Would you start any of those over DThom?

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 28, 2016

• Locked thread